Who replaces Charlie Weis.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Who replaces Charlie Weis.....

He has ties to New England, so I figure it's an appropriate question for this board. 

For the Patriot/ND fans out there like myself.........If ND doesn't make a BCS bowl this year, who replaces Charlie Weis?

Jon Gruden?
    John Tenuta?
    Kyle Whittingham?
    Chris Peterson?
    Paul Johnson?
    Will Muschamp?
    Mark Whipple?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Re: Who replaces Charlie Weis.....

In Response to Who replaces Charlie Weis.....:
    [QUOTE]He has ties to New England, so I figure it's an appropriate question for this board.  For the Patriot/ND fans out there like myself.........If ND doesn't make a BCS bowl this year, who replaces Charlie Weis? Jon Gruden? John Tenuta? Kyle Whittingham? Chris Peterson? Paul Johnson? Will Muschamp? Mark Whipple?
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Urban Meyer

he has always wanted to coach at nd AND tebow is gone after this year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Who replaces Charlie Weis.....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Who replaces Charlie Weis..... : Urban Meyer he has always wanted to coach at nd AND tebow is gone after this year
    Posted by steve1581[/QUOTE]

Woulda been the ideal candidate, but he just signed a 6 year $24M extension with Florida.  I'd assume the deal comes with a huge buyout figure as well....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

true... .but 

you dont think nd has the money to make up for that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Meyer cant really accomplish anything in the immediate future after he loses tebow. He has already accomplished so much in florida. He has already said nd is his dream job. If its available I just bet he jumps ship

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]true... .but  you dont think nd has the money to make up for that? if it happens it will be meyer

They'll have to pay him $6M a year to leave on top of the buyout on top of what they'll have to pay Weis, boosters will need to dig deep, but could most likely do it.....though I'm not sure they will....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who replaces Charlie Weis..... : They'll have to pay him $6M a year to leave on top of the buyout on top of what they'll have to pay Weis, boosters will need to dig deep, but could most likely do it.....though I'm not sure they will....

C'mon. That is a penny in the Pope's slush fund.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who replaces Charlie Weis..... : C'mon. That is a penny in the Pope's slush fund.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just throw $60-70M+ at the HC postion, it's only money right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

how do you value a national championship?

considering the recruiting problems nd has because of the academic requirements It would surely help to meyers pull when it comes to recruiting top prospects. Not to mention he is a very intelligent coach. 

Expensive yes, but you know nd has been dying for a national championship for years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]how do you value a national championship? considering the recruiting problems nd has because of the academic requirements It would surely help to meyers pull when it comes to recruiting top prospects. Not to mention he is a very intelligent coach.  Expensive yes, but you know nd has been dying for a national championship for years.

When has recruiting been an issue with Weis? 

Hell, if ND wants to pony up the cash, I'm all for it.  I just don't see it happening.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

charlie will b fine. he will put it off at the end... matk my words! its a long season!the offense is unstoppable. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]charlie will b fine. he will put it off at the end... matk my words! its a long season!the offense is unstoppable. 
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QUOTE]

A good offense (that is now without Michael Floyd for an indefinite amount of time with a broken collar bone) and a defense that can't stop anyone.........he's certainly under fire and if they don't go to a BCS bowl, his job is in serious jeopardy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Who replaces Charlie Weis.....:
    [QUOTE] Mark Whipple?

NO, if he keeps the Hurricanes back in the national spotlight with their high octane pro style offense, he will get a chance at the pros in 2010.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Who replaces Charlie Weis..... : NO, if he keeps the Hurricanes back in the national spotlight with their high octane pro style offense, he will get a chance at the pros in 2010.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

He'd still be a candidate for ND..........