Who shuld the Patriots sign?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickelbean. Show nickelbean's posts

Who shuld the Patriots sign?

Out of all of the people who were released today, who should the Patriots sign?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

Re: Who shuld the Patriots sign?

In Response to Who shuld the Patriots sign?:
    [QUOTE]Out of all of the people who were released today, who should the Patriots sign?
    Posted by nickelbean[/QUOTE]

Nunn!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Brian Brohm is an interesting name.  One time he was mentioned as a possible number one overall pick.  Then again, so was Ryan Leaf...nevermind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

We should B talking about the vets around the league that R getting cut now and who we should B picking up,like pass rushers, DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Who shuld the Patriots sign?:
    [QUOTE]Out of all of the people who were released today, who should the Patriots sign?
    Posted by nickelbean[/QUOTE]I think they will look over the list of players cut and see if there is a player that fits a specific need,One person here likes Nunn the WR that the Patriots just cut,I like the running back from Seattle Devin Moore.Though I haven't looked at all the players on each teams cut list.I also noticed that the 49ers cut Alex Boone a big OL that was getting a lot of play as a potential pick by BB in this draft.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Who shuld the Patriots sign?:
    [QUOTE]We should B talking about the vets around the league that R getting cut now and who we should B picking up,like pass rushers, DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....
    Posted by ZigZig[/QUOTE]

Got a news flash for you, they are not going to play the season with two QBs on the depth chart.  So whether it's someone like Brohm or a vet like Feeley, there will be a QB added at some point.  Another thing, effective pass rushers don't get cut.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

jeff garcia is available, i would take him. not sure what linebackers are out there, but we could really use one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Justin Miller was released by the Raiders. Surely he is worth a look at?...good return skills and perhaps a good special teamer...maybe even a 5th/6th CB?...thoughts?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who shuld the Patriots sign? : Got a news flash for you, they are not going to play the season with two QBs on the depth chart.  So whether it's someone like Brohm or a vet like Feeley, there will be a QB added at some point.  Another thing, effective pass rushers don't get cut.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Don't bet on that. 

Belichick has full faith in Hoyer, he even cut O'Connell over him. I hate when people say we need a veteran leader to be a back-up. Peyton Manning has Jim Sorgi and rookie Chris Painter as the number two. Why does Brady need a veteran back-up? It just takes a spot away from a player that can actually do something on the field. The Pats only need two QBs. Brady and his protege, Hoyer. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

Jeff Garcia!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who shuld the Patriots sign? : Don't bet on that.  Belichick has full faith in Hoyer, he even cut O'Connell over him. I hate when people say we need a veteran leader to be a back-up. Peyton Manning has Jim Sorgi and rookie Chris Painter as the number two. Why does Brady need a veteran back-up? It just takes a spot away from a player that can actually do something on the field. The Pats only need two QBs. Brady and his protege, Hoyer. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Brady could go down again? it could happen you know?
    it is important to have at least some depth at QB?
    BUT, depth at quarterback with an undrafted rookie free agent?
    That is fn nuts? But then again, Belichick is the man,
    "the brain behind the rubber ducky". He has the plan to win it all.
    And at the same time this storyline with Hoyer as Tom fn Brady's
    backup builds drama for the season.
    Isn't this Great and why I love this game!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who shuld the Patriots sign? : Brady could go down again? it could happen you know? it is important to have at least some depth at QB? BUT, depth at quarterback with an undrafted rookie free agent? That is fn nuts? But then again, Belichick is the man, "the brain behind the rubber ducky". He has the plan to win it all. And at the same time this storyline with Hoyer as Tom fn Brady's backup builds drama for the season. Isn't this Great and why I love this game!
    Posted by longhairjoe[/QUOTE]

Garcia won't come here for cheap and he wants to start. 
    Feeley is a 27-29 QB. TD/INT
    Haurd would be the likely candidate, but why not just go with Hoyer? Rookie or not, when you have the greatest offense ever assembled you can rely on their talents until you learn to rely on your own. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pondbridge. Show pondbridge's posts

Paris re-signed, Slater to be cut: every other play is a disaster. His biggest asset is his father's name.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Titans cut Fowler
    A year after beginning the season as the Titans’ starting middle linebacker, Ryan Fowler was among 21 players shed by Tennessee.

The Chiefs let go seven-time Pro Bowl linebacker Zach Thomas, as well as safety Bernard Pollard, who delivered the hit that ended Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s season last September . . . The Chargers cut right guard Kynan Forne

Pats should consider all of the above

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I think Jeff Garcia, Damon Huard, Zach Thomas (assuming healthy) and maybe Tim Crowder are players they could have in for a workout.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

FORGET ZACH THOMAS
    YUCK!

Big name but his contributions have been garbage for the last 2 years. He sat out almost all preseason/training camp. HE is washed up.

Bernard Pollard is not getting it done either
    Damon Huard has no arm anymore
    The pats arent going to sign another guard either

Those are awful suggestions.

With Crable on the IR maybe they should focus on bolstering the lb position. Fowler is an interesting suggestion. I think that may have something to it

Jeff Garcia would be a good pickup .  He has to realize that he is not going to start again in his career. harrington may provide some additional starting experience. Should be interesting to see what bill does before the season starts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

I
    The patriots need to pick up an experienced corner and maybe a safety. Except that Chung was their highest draft pick, he would have been cut. He needs to improve dramatically.
    Wheatley is among the worst corners in the league.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Wheatley has certainly dissappointed

but I dont know what you are talking about with chung.

Give the dude a min to adjust to the nfl geeeeez.

Chung is a workhorse and he will eventually be a star of the patriot d

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]FORGET ZACH THOMAS YUCK! Big name but his contributions have been garbage for the last 2 years. He sat out almost all preseason/training camp. HE is washed up. Bernard Pollard is not getting it done either Damon Huard has no arm anymore The pats arent going to sign another guard either Those are awful suggestions. With Crable on the IR maybe they should focus on bolstering the lb position. Fowler is an interesting suggestion. I think that may have something to it  Jeff Garcia would be a good pickup .  He has to realize that he is not going to start again in his career. harrington may provide some additional starting experience. Should be interesting to see what bill does before the season starts.
    Posted by steve1581[/QUOTE]

You've seen him in practice and games with SF?  What's your scouting report on him?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]I The patriots need to pick up an experienced corner and maybe a safety. Except that Chung was their highest draft pick, he would have been cut. He needs to improve dramatically. Wheatley is among the worst corners in the league.
    Posted by viewer222[/QUOTE]

I'd say relax on the quick judgement on Chung after one bad quarter.  He appears to be a mentally strong kid (from articles/interviews I've read) who won't let a couple TD's get in his head, thats the kind of mentality you want in your DB's.  He recovered nicely against the Giants and lead the team in tackles and had a pass break up, he'll be fine IMO.

As for Wheatley, what puts him "among the worst corners in the league"? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

They shouldn't sign anybody.

Who was cut that is better than they have?

Nobody I saw.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxrick2000. Show redsoxrick2000's posts

Ryan Fowler ILB.  The Pat's will bring in another QB after week 1 so they don't have to guarantee the year's salary.  Garcia is a weak armed West Coast style Qb so I don't see him coming.  Maybe Joey Harrington?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

[QUOTE]Ryan Fowler ILB.  The Pat's will bring in another QB after week 1 so they don't have to guarantee the year's salary.  Garcia is a weak armed West Coast style Qb so I don't see him coming.  Maybe Joey Harrington?
    Posted by redsoxrick2000[/QUOTE]

Harrington would be good option--- has experience, could learn the offense quick--- he is a smart dude.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

[QUOTE]They shouldn't sign anybody. Who was cut that is better than they have? Nobody I saw.
    Posted by nykrb[/QUOTE]

CB Marcus McCauley just surpised cut from the Vukings would be an improvement over wheatley

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Pats aren't giving up on wheatley yet