Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged?

In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged?:
    [QUOTE] Ironic a bunch of Cheatriot fans accusing someone of cheating when your coaches actually taped another team's walkthru. All your superbowls are tainted, and the rest of the country basically puts an asterisk next to them. We''ll have our pumped in crowd noise, bought off refs, and turned up heat waiting on you little whiny Cheatriot B.I.T.C.H.E.S.
    Posted by ColtsMan73[/QUOTE]

So when you lose what's your excuse? You barely got by the Texans with ten defensive penalties. It isn't happening this week so get used to it now.

And my guess is you can't speak for the rest of the country 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I wish pass interference was reviewable for instant replay.  It seems like the refs get that call wrong about 50% of the time, and it can give huge chunks of yardage away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from foxboro1. Show foxboro1's posts

dog, you are an idiot!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from foxboro1. Show foxboro1's posts

colt 73, keep crying!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Who really thinks the game will be fixed? I think we Know

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE] Ironic a bunch of Cheatriot fans accusing someone of cheating when your coaches actually taped another team's walkthru. All your superbowls are tainted, and the rest of the country basically puts an asterisk next to them. We''ll have our pumped in crowd noise, bought off refs, and turned up heat waiting on you little whiny Cheatriot B.I.T.C.H.E.S.
    Posted by ColtsMan73[/QUOTE]

~"Cheatriot", I love it...you gotta be what, like age 12 right?  Any chance you're friends with the Colt's Fan that called me a "Patriotard" during Spygate here, a few years back...Because I gotta tell ya, You guys out in hayseed land come up with some humdingers in the syntax department (I always thought that the guffaws and hee-haws never got more racous in yonder parts than when Grandma Clampett steps on a rake, and the handle hits her in the noggin...next to zingers like Cheatriot and Patriotard, I stand corrected)... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]Underdogg sometimes you are just so transparent. You are clearly just making this thread to bring the crazys out and get the crazys talking about how the game is fixed or all the games are fixed or whatever so you can sit back and try and make us all look stupid. This game wont be fixed just like no other game has been fixed. That does not mean however that when someone says Bill Pollioan has the refs in his pocket that they are wrong. It is a well known fact that Polian speaks with the refs before each game to go over what kind of game he wants to see called out there. Now whether that means they are in his pocket or not I dont know but its deffently seems fishy to me that someone with as much sway as Polian gets to talk to the refs before they call a game for which his team is playing in. I am not one of those people who think the refs hand the game to the Colts cause i just dont think thats the case but i would be lying if i said that some calls arent a little fishy. Its like in high school, some times the refs have a home town bias or something like that and even though they are clearly giving calls to the other team sometimes that is not enough and that team loses. What i mean is the refs might give the colts a few calls here and there but that doesnt mean the entire game is fixed it just means there are some bad ref's in the game who let people like Polian influence the way they call a game.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]
    Not that I'm doubting you but if what you have "said" is factual then the refs influence the outcome of the game. One call can and often does change the course of the game as well as the outcome. If what you say is true where is the league? Why would they allow any represenative of any team to have access to the people in charge of inforcement of the rules?  The answer is whom they have allowed to assume control. Perhaps we should request Barney Frank or John Kerry to investigate. Better still Arlene Spector of Pa., we know he'd get to the bottom of it. What say you?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]I wish pass interference was reviewable for instant replay.  It seems like the refs get that call wrong about 50% of the time, and it can give huge chunks of yardage away.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE] I could not agree more.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Posted by ColtsMan73[/QUOTE] Ok, enough of you. Don't you have anything of intelligence to say? If not go back to the sewer were you where conceived and pop off, jerk. If I were as ignorant as you I'd keep my mouth shut as I would be ashamed to allow anyone else to know the depth of my ignorance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tojo. Show tojo's posts

Underdogg, will the colts be broadcasting crowd noise over the PA for this game?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : We? How many personallities live in that swollen head of yours? Are you replacing Leon as the site's Sybil?
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]
    Shut up dungeons and dragons.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : Just like Leon underdog is another internet tough guy. It's the modern equivalent of sticking your tongue out at the big boys while hiding behind mommy's skirt.
    Do you even read what you write?   Internet tough guy?  And your talking about me hiding behind mommy's skirt? 

Who is the internet tough guy?  You are pathetic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Dogg, 2996 posts on this board?  Really?  WOW!  I'm not on here that much but I wonder if any Pats fans are anywhere close to that number of posts on this board.  Are you retired or something?  I'm just amazed by that almost OCD like quantity.  I mean no disrepect, however, so please do not take offense.  I just wonder if some perspective is in order.  With that said.  I'm a big Pats fan but I cannot for the life of me understand why people get enjoyment out of the over the top bashing of each other on this board or any other for that matter.  Nobody on any NFL team cares about any of us as fans the way some of the nut job fanatics care about the NFL teams and players.  It's like I'm reading Teen Beat or something with the obsessed chatter about my favorite player is better than yours.  Freaking crazy talk to most sane folk.  To me the Colts are a great team and Manning is an all time great.  I hope the Pats win, but if they don't, life will go on.  The fruit loops that post on here about absolute nonsense (some Pats fans included) are a freaking joke.  The games are not fixed.  All teams have bad calls against them.  It's just a game people.  Okay, I had to vent.        
    Posted by l52094[/QUOTE]
    I5 - thanks for the mental health review.  I called my doc and have an appointment this afternoon. 

Anyway - There are plenty of us here that have very good conversations that go along with some very good natured ribbing.  On the other hand, like everywhere else, I assume there idiots that take shots for no other reason than to do so.  Not interested in conversation, not interested in debate, and so on.  I obviously take the brunt of that, and sometimes it deserves a response, other times it does not.  

This thread was developed because, 1) its game week, so 2) the bandwagoners have come out of the woodwork along with the conspiracy theorists. I got tired of reading nearly every post with something about how the pats have gotten jobbed everytime they have played the colts, so I started a thread.  Funny thing is with so many people talking on other threads about the refs a vast majority of voters don't think the game is rigged.  

I guess maybe posters just need something to shoot their mouth off about. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : You wussbag. I give you credit on other threads for sticking by your team and you come up with this? This is nothing, wait until Monday morning. I hope you stick around, you have good arguments.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]
    Sam, I have been here for Colts losses and I will be here Monday win or lose. 

I have yet this week to actually provide an opinion on the game.  Most of my effort this week has been beating back the loudmouths and correcting misinformation. 

My thoughts on the game are coming soon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : ~"Cheatriot", I love it...you gotta be what, like age 12 right?  Any chance you're friends with the Colt's Fan that called me a "Patriotard" during Spygate here, a few years back...Because I gotta tell ya, You guys out in hayseed land come up with some humdingers in the syntax department (I always thought that the guffaws and hee-haws never got more racous in yonder parts than when Grandma Clampett steps on a rake, and the handle hits her in the noggin...next to zingers like Cheatriot and Patriotard, I stand corrected)... 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]
    Gradma Clampett?  Laz, I watched a few of those episodes, but I thought those country bumpkins live in Beverly Hills.  Now I don't know what racous means, but then again, I am from the midwest.  What I don't understand, however, is how you know what goes on here when you demonstrate such disdain for it?  Maybe you read it in a book.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from STAUGGY. Show STAUGGY's posts

In Response to Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged?:
    [QUOTE]There is a lot of discussion already this week about concerns about Bill Polian and having the refs in his pocket.  Additionally, there have been a number of predictions.  I think we need to determine exactly how Pats fans think this game will shake out.  Please answer.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Underdogg,

Do I think that the game is rigged no, but do I think Polian influences the game well duh yeah I do.  If you need proof here's a great line from Polians corner afer the SD game in 07'

From The Polian Corner (http://colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=a944a52a-fe00-45a7-ab03-3aef537264a3)

Q: Sometimes teams kick field goals on third down in case there’s a bad snap or a block. Is it possible if you miss a field goal on third down to kick it again on fourth down?

A: Only if it’s blocked. Let me explain the strategy we were employing Sunday night. It’s exactly the right strategy. We had assumed that (running back) Joseph Addai made the first down. So did everybody in America. Unfortunately, one guy in the building didn’t and guessed at it and it changed. But that’s immaterial. It didn’t affect the outcome of the game. However, had the first down stood, what we then would have done was knelt down three times, which would have used up all the time left on the clock. We would have taken a timeout with seven seconds left and kicked the winning field goal and San Diego would never have gotten the ball back. That was exactly the right strategy. It was exactly what we needed to do. In our view, we executed. The replay official didn’t think we did. We’ll discuss that with the league office at the appropriate time. That’s all that needs to be said about that, because they really don’t deserve much more mention than that. In the end, regardless of what occurred after that, you have to kick the field goal. I really like our chances with 1:20 to go with our defense on the field with them having to kick a game-clinching field goal with no times out.

Notice when he said that we'll discuss it with the league office at the appropriate time. Now everyone including ESPN thought the Ref made the right call after many replays but when Polian makes statements like that and he's the head of the CC you don't think that he talked to the Ref after the game or that you don't think this stuff sticks in the Refs head when they make calls? That's like your boss telling you to add a couple of numbers to the books. We all know it's wrong and not ethical but if you don't you might get fired

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from STAUGGY. Show STAUGGY's posts

TONY SOPRANO SENT PAULY TO SEE A REF.
       EVERY PLAY A CLUTCH,HOLD,BUMP ETC.  THROW A FLAG AT AT THE CORRECT TIME TO CHANGE THE GAME AND YOU GET  HOW MANY GRAND???
       BE REAL FOLKS THE GREAT GAME IS NOW CONTROLED BY THE REFS. IN THE N.F.L.
      HOW MANY GAME CHANGING CALLS HAVE WE SEEN THIS SEASON?????? EVEN THE PLAY BY PLAY GUYS IN THE BOOTH ARE SHOCKED BY THE CALLS ON THE FIELD.
      IT IS ALL ABOUT MONEY,GAMBLING,MAFIA, AND REFS. ON THE TAKE. AND WE THOUGH BASEBALL AND BOXING WAS DIRTY.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

under my wager still stands:  Colts win I will leave Bos dot com for ever if the Patriots win you leave BOSTON dot com .... Forever and ever!!!

ps.  you s u c k

laughing like a school girl as I type this

Ps you still s u c k

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Dooggy: YOU ARE WHO WE THOUGHT YOU WERE, TOO BAD, I WAS JUST STARTING TO BUY YOUR BULL

Thanks for making me feel better I was starting to feel bad for thinking you were such a douce bag

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : Just like Leon underdog is another internet tough guy. It's the modern equivalent of sticking your tongue out at the big boys while hiding behind mommy's skirt.

LOL! Love the anology, evil!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Underdogg, Do I think that the game is rigged no, but do I think Polian influences the game well duh yeah I do.  If you need proof here's a great line from Polians corner afer the SD game in 07' From The Polian Corner ( http://colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=a944a52a-fe00-45a7-ab03-3aef537264a3 ) Q: Sometimes teams kick field goals on third down in case there’s a bad snap or a block. Is it possible if you miss a field goal on third down to kick it again on fourth down? A: Only if it’s blocked. Let me explain the strategy we were employing Sunday night. It’s exactly the right strategy. We had assumed that (running back) Joseph Addai made the first down. So did everybody in America. Unfortunately, one guy in the building didn’t and guessed at it and it changed. But that’s immaterial. It didn’t affect the outcome of the game. However, had the first down stood, what we then would have done was knelt down three times, which would have used up all the time left on the clock. We would have taken a timeout with seven seconds left and kicked the winning field goal and San Diego would never have gotten the ball back. That was exactly the right strategy. It was exactly what we needed to do. In our view, we executed. The replay official didn’t think we did. We’ll discuss that with the league office at the appropriate time . That’s all that needs to be said about that, because they really don’t deserve much more mention than that. In the end, regardless of what occurred after that, you have to kick the field goal. I really like our chances with 1:20 to go with our defense on the field with them having to kick a game-clinching field goal with no times out. Notice when he said that we'll discuss it with the league office at the appropriate time. Now everyone including ESPN thought the Ref made the right call after many replays but when Polian makes statements like that and he's the head of the CC you don't think that he talked to the Ref after the game or that you don't think this stuff sticks in the Refs head when they make calls? That's like your boss telling you to add a couple of numbers to the books. We all know it's wrong and not ethical but if you don't you might get fired
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]
    Pathetic. 

All Polian meant is that he would submit this play to the league for review and clarification.  Every team in the league (including the pats) submits plays that they believe were improperly called. 

The reality is that you are reading into this so deeply to make it fit your feelings.  Polian is not the head of the CC.  He is on it.  Are you suggesting that because of this he is not allowed to question calls?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : LOL! Love the anology, evil!
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

The internet has made every weenie on the planet feel as if they have stones

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who thinks this weekend's game will be rigged? : The internet has made every weenie on the planet feel as if they have stones
    Even you, Dungeons and Dragons.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Underdogg you would think that by now you would realize that we dont want Polian doing anything. We dont want him questioning calls or talking to refs or anything because he is a scum bag who has no issue using his pull with the league to get what he wants. So it doesnt matter what he does we dont want him doing it. And I could be wrong but isnt it the head coach who is sopossed to question calls?