Who Will be Gone??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Who Will be Gone??

Fred Taylor will easily be gone but Morris will also follow right behind him looking for work.

Butler will stick around and Neal already said 2012 will be his last year so he's a low cost option that could help train then next RG prospect I think both will stay.

Mankins I hope will stay but that depends on what he's willing to take as a contract. In either case I suspect he'll be tagged to buy time to work something out or get traded. If it's the latter he'll be gone before before or during the draft most likely for something in the mid 2nd to mid 3rd range.

TBC and Light fall into the wait and see area. Light being if they can't resign Mankins then G takes presedent in the draft and a replacement for Light might need a couple years of seasoning so a 3 year deal might be worked out. If Mankins resigns then they can grab Light's replacement early and not have to worry about him. Of course this falls into the hope that he doesn't sign with another team before they figure out what happens with Mankins. TBC is a training camp dicision. I think they will draft a DE/OLB to replace him but then it's going to come down to Moore, TBC, and Nin fighting it out for 2 spots on the team and who knows who wins those battles.

O'Brien is an interesting case. I think he'll stick around mainly because he has a couple years where he knows the players abilities and that there isn't anyone that jumps to mind as a quick replacement.

I'd also suspect that this will be Meriweather's last year with the Pats. His value is high right now and BB has already benched him multiple times. He also fully admitted that he doesn't always listen to the coaches and does play out of position while having trouble wrapping tackles up if he doesn't go straight at them. We might be able to get an mid 3rd-4th for him or a 5th and a 3rd next year.

Other players I expect not to be resigned or released:

Wheatley
    Ojinnaka
    Slater
    Murrell
    Deadrick
    Wendell
    Graham
    Jenkins
    Favorite
    Cohen
    McGowan

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Meriweather might be traded also as we know bb ,

But my gut feeling is that Banta Cain will be gone as AD ,
    i also excpect  Wilhite will be also gone ,
    Neal is getting old and injury prone wont be bought back ,
    butler can be on the bubble by training camp if bb drafts
    a cb .
    Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris Are good as gone .

Light wil be brought back as cheapily as they can get him
    Mankins is  a trust issue between the sides
    And ii also think brance may not be brought back ,
    it's time to let edelman and tate get a bigger role

A free Agent Big WR might be on the card

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

yakv...dont agree that its time for tate to get a bigger role, if anything i think they need another wr in the mix so tate can kicked down the depth chart some as a wr and be used mostly on special teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

ocho cinco will be released from cinn and signed to a one year deal

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

In Response to Who Will be Gone??:
    [QUOTE]Who Will Be Gone First ??
    Posted by yakv[/QUOTE]
    ------
    Other:  I think Meriweather.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Deaderick and Slater....will be back ....Rookie deals still.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADY1321. Show BRADY1321's posts

Banta Cain is horrible, send him packing ASAP!! i would keep Butler, he could be used as a nickel back w/ arrington now that Bodden will be back!! I think they are young with room to grow. Morris and Taylor, time to go!!We def. need Mankins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

Morris and Taylor for sure.  I expect Taylor will retire.  One of Light and Mankins (probably Mankins) will be gone.  I'm curious to see if Faulk decides to attempt a comeback or not following his injury.  There should be significant turnover on the DLine depth, simply because of the number of players along the D-Line that we needed this year and the number of players coming back (Ty Warren, Brace, Wright).  The important thing is that we aren't losing any significant pieces on the defensive side of the ball.  We need to take action to solidify the O-Line though.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1262959. Show user_1262959's posts

Believe it or not, I think there's a chance Welker will be gone.  Hear me out.  

(1) Welker was clearly perturbed when he was inactive for the Miami game.  When asked about it after the game, all he said was "ask Bill,"  the standard AD line from last year.  And, apparently, Bill didn't explain his reasoning to Wes, just like when AD was inactive last year. (Poor people skills IMO.) Not a good sign for the relationship.

(2) Edleman has shown that, not only is a more explosive player than Wes, he's one of the more explosive players in the league.  It's hard to keep him on the bench.

(3)  The fallout from the benching.  Wes (at least in my view) crossed the line with his footie comments as they brought Ryan's family into the trash talk cross fire, and Bill was obviously VERY unhappy about it.     

(4) Wes is going into the last year of his contract.  The dude has had a bum knee, shoulder surgery, and looks like he's had his bell rung repeatedly. Will the Pats want to pony up for a long term contract or will they try to get something for him now, maybe even as high as a second round pick, while being able to control where he goes?  How much would the Rams, with Josh McDaniels now in place as OC, covet the guy?

Anyway, it's not implausible that Wes won't be back.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

if they were to trade welker, then they would almost certaintly need to make a play at a proven WR for brady. i dont think chad johnson fits the pats at all. hes old, and hes a loud mouth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In Response to Re: Who Will be Gone??:
    [QUOTE]Believe it or not, I think there's a chance Welker will be gone.  Hear me out.   (1) Welker was clearly perturbed when he was inactive for the Miami game.  When asked about it after the game, all he said was "ask Bill,"  the standard AD line from last year.  And, apparently, Bill didn't explain his reasoning to Wes, just like when AD was inactive last year. (Poor people skills IMO.) Not a good sign for the relationship. (2) Edleman has shown that, not only is a more explosive player than Wes, he's one of the more explosive players in the league.  It's hard to keep him on the bench. (3)  The fallout from the benching.  Wes (at least in my view) crossed the line with his footie comments as they brought Ryan's family into the trash talk cross fire, and Bill was obviously VERY unhappy about it.      (4) Wes is going into the last year of his contract.  The dude has had a bum knee, shoulder surgery, and looks like he's had his bell rung repeatedly. Will the Pats want to pony up for a long term contract or will they try to get something for him now, maybe even as high as a second round pick, while being able to control where he goes?  How much would the Rams, with Josh McDaniels now in place as OC, covet the guy? Anyway, it's not implausible that Wes won't be back.    
    Posted by zackie[/QUOTE]

Zackie, I think your on to something here for sure and you pointed out a number of good reasons here already which this may indeed may happen. 

I think #4 is the most reason why they will move on from him.  Last yr of contract - they could 'get' something for him - and they won't 'pony' up for a long term deal.   All Signs that happened to other patriot players in the past - could happen again....

I HOPE we are wrong here - and they do resign Welker for a long term deal here because Welker reminds me alot like a Troy Brown type of player.  Complete player and a pure Football player! and a great guy that moves the chains for Brady!

We'll see....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

I don't think they will trade welker ,
    But branch is justanoter slunt guy , we need some a bigger type of wr

I do think this year will branch last and also koppen
    we need to get a futue center ,
    Ron Brace will needs a breakout season

lets hope the draft bring in some great names

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Who Will be Gone??:
    [QUOTE]Who Will Be Gone First ??
    Posted by yakv[/QUOTE]

Welker is history, Pats never pay what a older great player deserves.Plus Belichek is a heartless clown.

Run

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Taylor and Faulk are definitely gone. I would say part ways with Morris as well and get a little younger at the position. Losing Welker would no be good in my opinion. Edeleman is not one of Brady's favorites and has not shown consistent ability to hold onto the ball. Wes does not deserve TOP dollars at this juncture in his career. I do think his best days are behind him but he still has alot left in the tank. The relationship with Bill may need some repairing but that can happen. A big play receiver would be nice but i'm not sure how it can happen. I say beef up the O and D lines and bring 1 or 2 game changing vererans into the defense to mix with the youth. Possibly even trade up in the draft (as crazy as that sounds!) and take an explosive player. How are 6-7 more young guys even going to get on the field with this team??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Who Will be Gone??:
    [QUOTE]Fred Taylor will easily be gone but Morris will also follow right behind him looking for work. Butler will stick around and Neal already said 2012 will be his last year so he's a low cost option that could help train then next RG prospect I think both will stay. Mankins I hope will stay but that depends on what he's willing to take as a contract. In either case I suspect he'll be tagged to buy time to work something out or get traded. If it's the latter he'll be gone before before or during the draft most likely for something in the mid 2nd to mid 3rd range. TBC and Light fall into the wait and see area. Light being if they can't resign Mankins then G takes presedent in the draft and a replacement for Light might need a couple years of seasoning so a 3 year deal might be worked out. If Mankins resigns then they can grab Light's replacement early and not have to worry about him. Of course this falls into the hope that he doesn't sign with another team before they figure out what happens with Mankins. TBC is a training camp dicision. I think they will draft a DE/OLB to replace him but then it's going to come down to Moore, TBC, and Nin fighting it out for 2 spots on the team and who knows who wins those battles. O'Brien is an interesting case. I think he'll stick around mainly because he has a couple years where he knows the players abilities and that there isn't anyone that jumps to mind as a quick replacement. I'd also suspect that this will be Meriweather's last year with the Pats. His value is high right now and BB has already benched him multiple times. He also fully admitted that he doesn't always listen to the coaches and does play out of position while having trouble wrapping tackles up if he doesn't go straight at them. We might be able to get an mid 3rd-4th for him or a 5th and a 3rd next year. Other players I expect not to be resigned or released: Wheatley Ojinnaka Slater Murrell Deadrick Wendell Graham Jenkins Favorite Cohen McGowan
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Reasoned points.

My thinking is that the first guy to go is a coach and O'B just doesn't deliver at the worst times.  That game plan and play-calling were barfsome. BB was reportedly screaming, "We should be passing!" on that March of the Snails Drive.  Who in N.E. didn't realize that he cost them any real shot at winning the game in that drive?  He messed up all last year and sometimes early this year.  He is not progressing.  Or to put it another way, he is to the Pats what John Shoop was to the Bears...never going to deliver in the post-season and never going to learn from his mistakes.  Or to put it another way, he is the worst OC (for lack of a better term) the Pats have had since the Victor Kiam days. 

Light will stay because he could be a valuable sub.  But he too cannot deliver against the best rushes, not anymore. He would have to take a pay cut. He might not want to and just retire.

TBC - I was a fan of him for years, but he just didn't get it done this year. Did he make enough good plays to cancel out the bad plays he made?  NO. U&nless he was really injured, he is a wasted roster spot.

Yeah, a Merriweather trade makes sense.  He was out of position again in this last game. He cost us the first Jets loss, IMO. But after 2 pro-bowls, some team will want him and make a trade.  No picks please.  We need talent. RB? OLB? DE? LT? Who?

Butler?  The Pats can do better.  He looked worse again the last few games.  He just doesn't have "it".  Hobbs and Gay were better, and yet they were not good enough to stay.

Fred Taylor? Gotta' go.  No value. Needs to retire.

Need Mankins, but based on past dealings, he is gone, which means the Pats have a crisis at OL.

Faulk? Does anybody doubt that he would have played better than Woodhead? With Faulk, they probably would have won the game, IMO. Keep him until or unless he proves he cannot come back from his injury.

Wheatly?  Gone.  No value.

Graham? Mediocre kick-offs, but he was aces on FGs and those onside kicks.  Somebody will hire him.  Thanks, Shane.  Belongs on a team with an extra kicker to kick-off (a punter? a multi-role player?).

Edleman? Give him one more year, based on his last few games. Needs to practice catching wet Nerf balls launched by machines in the off-season...alongside Tate.

Keep Moore and Ninkovich, providing Ninko is not irrepairably messed up by his injury.

I like McGowan.

What has Slater ever done for them?

No opinions on the rest.