Who will be the main competitors during the playoffs? Which teams do the Patriots fear?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

Who will be the main competitors during the playoffs? Which teams do the Patriots fear?

Let us assume the Patriots get to the playoffs.Last year was a fluke.
    Now, which teams will they meet in the playoffs?
    Which team do they fear the most at this point in the preseason?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

Re: Who will be the main competitors during the playoffs? Which teams do the Patriots fear?

i would say look out for baltimore and pittsburg because blitzing teams did well against us in 2007. Depending on how well our secondary turns out (and i am fairly confident that by the playoffs things will be running fine) indy or new orleans could keep the scores close. san deigo is kind of a wild card against us, but id say the patriots will handle their bussiness with them

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Re: Who will be the main competitors during the playoffs? Which teams do the Patriots fear?

[QUOTE]i would say look out for baltimore and pittsburg because blitzing teams did well against us in 2007. Depending on how well our secondary turns out (and i am fairly confident that by the playoffs things will be running fine) indy or new orleans could keep the scores close. san deigo is kind of a wild card against us, but id say the patriots will handle their bussiness with them
    Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]

That would be sweet to play New Orleans in the playoffs :D

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

San Dago tends to crush the Pats when it doesn't matter and gag when it does, but I still consider the Chargers dangerous if they make the playoffs. Bitchburgh is the class of the conference until somebody proves otherwise. Baltimore and Indy don't scare me much. The Ravens offense is spotty against quality opposition and Indy -- well, Indy is a regular-season team.  In the NFC, Philadelphia should be a tough out and Blue New Jersey will again dominate on defense. If the Human Turnover is back and healthy in December, the Vikings could be an annoyance.

Fear?

There's no reason for the Pats to fear any of these teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Pats will fear no-one.

I am suspect about Indy, I do believe that they will have a difficult time making it to the playoffs....

My pick for a surprise team to watch out for......ATLANTA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"That would be sweet to play New Orleans in the playoffs :D"

That would mean we're in the Super Bowl. Sounds sweet to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Let us assume the Patriots get to the playoffs.Last year was a fluke. Now, which teams will they meet in the playoffs? Which team do they fear the most at this point in the preseason?
    Posted by TarheelChief[/QUOTE] I dont see the pats fearing anyone.as for there toughest match-ups.it would be indy,pitt,and maybe the bolts.I look for the ravens to slump this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]I dont see the pats fearing anyone.as for there toughest match-ups.it would be indy,pitt,and maybe the bolts.I look for the ravens to slump this year.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

How can you say that the Ravens will slump but have Indy as one of the toughest matchups?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

what's fear?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]what's fear?
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

Here is the definition:

fear noun
    1.a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid when playing the Patriots.

2.a specific instance of or propensity for such a feeling: an abnormal fear of the Patriots.

3.concern or anxiety; solicitude: a fear for someone’s team's safety when playing the Patriots.

4.reverential awe, esp. toward the Patriots.

5.that which causes a feeling of being afraid; that of which a person is afraid: Playing the Patriots is a common fear.
    verb
    6.to regard with fear; be afraid of the Patriots.

7.to have reverential awe of the Patriots.

8.Archaic. to experience fear in (the Patriots).
    verb (used without object)
    9.to have fear; be afraid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Ok. Then here is the list of teams the Pats should fear: ...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Ok. Then here is the list of teams the Pats should fear: ...
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

Damn!  That is a ton!  What are we going to do?!?!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The Pats fear no team......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I don't think the Pats fear anyone. The team that will give us the toughest competition will be Pittsburgh should we meet them in the playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

This may sound cliche, but it way to early to know anything about the comming season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The Patriots have done well against the Steelers in postseason play. Both of Pittsburgh's Super Bowls they didn't have to face NE. Indy is 1-2, and I think were finally getting competitive. But the loss of so many coaches will hurt the team...we see Peyton is getting his excuse list ready in June! The Chargers still have Norv, so that's a positive (for anyone playing them except Indy). My only fear is someone taking a cheap shot at Tom. So I'd say Steelers and Ravens. But I don't know if Baltimore will make it. They lost a lot on defense, and Flacco is still only a second year guy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]How can you say that the Ravens will slump but have Indy as one of the toughest matchups?
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE] indy has always given the pats a tough matchup,and i cant see it changeing even with dungy being gone.the reason i say the ravens will slump is because they lost there defensive coach,and a few of there star players.ray lewis is still good,but age is there.the same said for ed reed.im not saying they wont be competitive.I just think they will have a drop off this season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Pittsburgh and whoever gets the wild card and wins in the opening round. Securing homefield advantage by stomping everyone will be key, as always. If the Pats secure homefield, get the bye and can rest their starters look out. We could see whoever is left standing after the NFCCG.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

NE always has the most optimistic (and usually unrealistic) fans in the NFL.  Here's a team that didn't even make the playoffs last year and is pinning its hopes on a QB coming off major reconstructive knee surgery (ACL & MCL).  And your discussion isn't about whether you can return to the playoffs, it's basically about whether any team can overcome Patriot hegemony.  Hysterical. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joshkp55. Show joshkp55's posts

I dont see the Pats fearing anyone
    The Colts are gonna have a down year, theyre offense doesnt look as good as it has in the past.
    The Steelers are going to be good, but we wont see if the Pats fear them unless we play them in the playoffs
    The Titans were a one year wonder Kerry Collins is not good enough to beat the Patriots theyre defense lost one of the best players in the league
    The Ravens arent going to be as good as last year, with the loss of Bart Scott and Jason Brown at center and the losses in the secondary theyre going to have a down year
    The Dolphins wont be able to hold on to the ball like they did last year on offense
    The Jets dont even know whos going to be theyre quarterback, and they have one decent reciever in Cotchery and thats it
    The Chargers will be inconsistant like always with L.T. becoming less and less productive
    Those are the only teams that I see trying to compete with the Patriots but coming up short

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

First off the Pats need to take care of business in their division before we think of playoffs.  Both games against Miami were sad and the Pats let up on the Jets last year.  Will this improve?

If we get there the AFCC goes through Pittsburgh.  Teams we might meet on the way are Indy and SD of course.  Our division has a tough schedule so I think we only send one team to the playoffs.  Baltimore and Tennesee I see in being there again.  Houston has a chance. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

I say watch out for Denver..now that the loser Cutler (what was his record again jbolt?)  is gone, the sky's the limit. Bring in Josh McD (their oline coach and oline are the best in the biz) to keep the offense going, and they will compete/surprise  in my opinion.
    The D can only get better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]indy has always given the pats a tough matchup,and i cant see it changeing even with dungy being gone.the reason i say the ravens will slump is because they lost there defensive coach,and a few of there star players.ray lewis is still good,but age is there.the same said for ed reed.im not saying they wont be competitive.I just think they will have a drop off this season.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Indy is hurting big time....they have had a ton of injuries and it isn't even training camp yet.  The have also lost more than Dungy, they lost a coordinator and a couple of coaches as well.....they are going to still have a winning record, but in no way shape or form are they going to give New England a hard time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]I say watch out for Denver..now that the loser Cutler (what was his record again jbolt?)  is gone, the sky's the limit. Bring in Josh McD (their oline coach and oline are the best in the biz) to keep the offense going, and they will compete/surprise  in my opinion. The D can only get better.
    Posted by rocher[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that Denver is going to do ok...and ok means around .500

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE].....And your discussion isn't about whether you can return to the playoffs, it's basically about whether any team can overcome Patriot hegemony.... 
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Soooooo...what's your point???