Whom would you extend/retain?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Whom would you extend/retain?

Thanks to ESPN Boston (Reiss/Rodak), here are the players whose contracts expire the next couple of years. What is your priority on whom to keep?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Re: Whom would you extend/retain?

I am thinking..must-haves are...

2011 expiry:
    #1: Wes Welker
    #2: Andre Carter
    #3: Mark Anderson
    #4: Law Firm
    #5: Matt Slater

2012 expiry:
    #1: Patrick Chung
    #2: Julian Edelman
    #3: Sea Bass
    #4: Danny Woodhead
    #5: Matt Light
    #6: Dane Fletcher

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Good picks PatFaninBA2...don't disagree one bit.  I want to see more of Sterling Moore at CB before making a final call on him.  I really liked how he actually made some solid defensive plays on his INTs...not simply catching tipped passes.  But I need to see a bigger sampling.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Resign:

Anderson - provided he'd come back for same salary at a 2 year deal
    Connolly - a good swing OL player
    BJGE - seems like a good 1 - 2 punch splitting halves with Ridley
    Ihedigbo - great STer and decent situational S
    Love - good situational DT but wouldn't keep him as a starter
    Welker - obvious
    Molden - if he's willing to take a min deal
    Carter - if like Anderson willing to take a 1-2 year deal for small money
    Slater - great STer decent situational S

The rest I could let go

Players to extend:

Arrington - not sure to extend but I'd like to keep on the team
    Chung - same as Arrington would like to resign but not sure on extension
    Vollmer - should be our starting RT for years to come (might get for cheap after injury)
    Woodhead - good hurry up RB
    Edelman - I'd convert him to a CB and keep him as a #4 slot CB
    Moore - good swing CB/S

The rest are on the fence depending on play next year, get injured to often to keep, or will be to old to keep imo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Easier to list who to let go. 

I think it's time to cut ties with Faulk and Branch. Use either as a front line coach, but their time as players has come and gone. 

Guyton has been serviceable, but let him go. 

I have to believe we can do better than Barrett in the off season. 

We've had time to see what Malcolm Williams can do. Make the assessment and determine if he's a keeper or not. 

Polite is a niche player, not sure if we have the luxury of this one-dimensional player. 

That's my start. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmk. Show tmmk's posts

Keep:
    Welker - at any cost
    Carter
    Anderson
    Koppen
    Connolly
    Love
    Slater
    Molden
    BJGE - team friendly deal
    Branch - team friendly deal.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Whom would you extend/retain?:
    [QUOTE]I am thinking..must-haves are... 2011 expiry: #1: Wes Welker #2: Andre Carter #3: Mark Anderson #4: Law Firm #5: Matt Slater 2012 expiry: #1: Patrick Chung #2: Julian Edelman #3: Sea Bass #4: Danny Woodhead #5: Matt Light #6: Dane Fletcher
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

You know what?  I had typed out my detailed list of keeps and cuts, and then I read PatsFan1996 posts and he is right.  This is not the time for this thread.  These guys are vying for a SUper Bowl.  They don't need to hear from a friend, wife, relative that some posters here are writing that they should be cut.  The last thing we want to do is have them playing distracted football.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whom would you extend/retain? : You know what?  I had typed out my detailed list of keeps and cuts, and then I read PatsFan1996 posts and he is right.  This is not the time for this thread.  These guys are vying for a SUper Bowl.  They don't need to hear from a friend, wife, relative that some posters here are writing that they should be cut.  The last thing we want to do is have them playing distracted football.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

good point - agreed.

regarding PatFan1966 - thankfully, I have him/her on ignore so do not get to see the posts. After reading your post, I 'un-ignored' him/her and read those incredibly insightful comments - back to ignore in a hurry :-).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whom would you extend/retain? : good point - agreed. regarding PatFan1966 - thankfully, I have him/her on ignore so do not get to see the posts. After reading your post, I 'un-ignored' him/her and read those incredibly insightful comments - back to ignore in a hurry :-).

Thanks for my first laugh of the day.  I am striving to be inclusive this year and I don't have a problem with him, but I had to laugh at your post about going back to ignoring him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Sarcasm was lost on me upon first reading.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

[QUOTE]Again dumb thread.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for re-posting, I wasn't sure what you meant the first time. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whom would you extend/retain? : Thanks for re-posting, I wasn't sure what you meant the first time. 
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE]

:-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whom would you extend/retain? : Thanks for my first laugh of the day.  I am striving to be inclusive this year and I don't have a problem with him, but I had to laugh at your post about going back to ignoring him. 
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

You are a better man than I am.

I come here to share my joys (mostly) and frustrations (some) of my favorite team with other passionate fans. Have no patience for people who are rude and condescending. Life is too short.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I think that there will be more Carters, Warrens and Andersons available.  They are servicable but not necessary.  Welker is a keeper.  BJGE is iffy.  For the right price I bring him back.  If someone offers him a large payday, let him go.  The rest of the list is again, if they come at the right price.  I cannot see them overspending for support players.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I am thinking..must-haves are... 2011 expiry: #1: Wes Welker #2: Andre Carter #3: Mark Anderson #4: Law Firm #5: Matt Slater 2012 expiry: #1: Patrick Chung #2: Julian Edelman #3: Sea Bass #4: Danny Woodhead #5: Matt Light #6: Dane Fletcher

What about our new pro-bowl Guard, Brian Waters?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]Again dumb thread.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Again, dumb post.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Keep Welker at a reasonable price. The rest can go.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I love this picture... the best part of the whole thing was Joe Buck screaming, "Just a disgusting act by Randy Moss!" haha. Worst announcer in the NFL, stick to baseball, please.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Coaches' rule of thumb:  for every game that you lose, fire one guy. 

Bring Bodden into camp but drop him late next August.  The same probably with Ihedigbo, with a general warning that several people in the defensive backfield are fair game.  Draft some replacements and/or hire free agents to make it clear that the clock is ticking.

It says here that Faulk won't make it another year. 

Ochocinco is on the bubble.  Branch is only slightly better these days, although he's a very good used-to-be.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whom would you extend/retain? : You are a better man than I am. I come here to share my joys (mostly) and frustrations (some) of my favorite team with other passionate fans. Have no patience for people who are rude and condescending. Life is too short.

Although life is SHORT....  and although I understand that you don't want to be hassled by other's drame (Frustrations).....  May I ask- isn't it just a bit hippocritical to not accept others frustrations being posted if you admittedly will post your own at times?  Isn't it a little strange that so many demand their freedom to express their ideas, yet cannot be at all accepting of someone else's ideas if they are not in lockstep?

Look to be dead honest- I understand how you feel about the people who are rude, or condescending or just speak of what they hate... or what have you.  

I HAVE NO ONE ON IGNORE....  but I do so for a reason.

I think that I am am adult and therefore I need not have some little button to realize that a person is a fool and ignore him/her myself.  

I also do it as I was one of those people who made defending our freedoms a life's-goal.  As such I would find it strange if I was unable to allow some fool's words to drop off my shoulders and move on.  SO that is what I do! 
    Mind you, there have been times when people ( usually in my presence) have gone too far.  In those cases they usually need to pray for my darling wife to be my better side for the day. If she isn't, then they usually end up in pain and I usually end up with my badged friends for the evening.

We all have times when we do things we are not entirely proud of... sometimes I come on to rag on someone just hoping that we can talk smack about a team we both love so much. 

I try not to allow my reading and interpretation of their thoughts come out rude or condescending in my mind as I KNOW that two people can read the exact same words and get different meaning.

AHHH WHAT THE HECK......  "F" IT....   GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!  If you guys don't value the ideas of others you are just shorting yourself not making yourself a better person!
    BEsides how can you not find the Jets, colts, and charger fans hilarious?  They think they have a quality team.... the JETS have a Giant Rose Bowl Parade Balloon for a coach,  The Colts Team consisted of ONE PLAYER.... and the Chargers can't win 9 games so that they make it to the playoffs.... LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAH   SO since I understand who they are and the terrible penalties life has forced upon them by being the fans of an inferior team... well I accept their rudeness, and insolence at times.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Easier to list who to let go.  I think it's time to cut ties with Faulk and Branch. Use either as a front line coach, but their time as players has come and gone.  Guyton has been serviceable, but let him go.  I have to believe we can do better than Barrett in the off season.  We've had time to see what Malcolm Williams can do. Make the assessment and determine if he's a keeper or not.  Polite is a niche player, not sure if we have the luxury of this one-dimensional player.  That's my start. 
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE]

agrreed adn might look to upgrade benny

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE] Keep: Welker - at any cost Carter Anderson Koppen Connolly Love Slater Molden BJGE - team friendly deal Branch - team friendly deal.
    Posted by tmmk[/QUOTE]

welker team frindly deal or tag
    branch upgrade, benny look to upgrade