Who's going to cover the slot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Who's going to cover the slot?

Bodden? Chung? After releasing Wilhite and keeping Butler (more of a vertical cover guy IMO) who will cover Welker clones on passing downs? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re: Who's going to cover the slot?

Perhaps Ra's al Ghul....I mean Ras-I Dowling?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thought I read somewhere last week that Butler was looking good in the slot and might be his position.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Scarily enough Butler's skill set is the best of the corner group for this assignment...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Who's going to cover the slot?:
    [QUOTE]Scarily enough Butler's skill set is the best of the corner group for this assignment...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Another scary thought is that Butler may have been one of the best athletes on the team, I couldn't believe his ability when he came out...decent size, speed, looked like he moved effortlessly. What a bust.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Hmmm I always thought he was better at covering guys with good deep speed, and not quick twitch guys. If it is Butler hopefully he can handle it. To be honest I was thinking Butler would be a mainstay on the inactive list if Bodden is fine. 

Isn't Ras-I too big for a slot assignment? It's tough for even a good, tall corner to cover a quick little midget (see Cro vs Welker). 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

He has the best agility to cover the little guys, too bad he plays smaller than the slot guys he is supposed to cover...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In Response to Re: Who's going to cover the slot?:
    [QUOTE]Hmmm I always thought he was better at covering guys with good deep speed, and not quick twitch guys. If it is Butler hopefully he can handle it. To be honest I was thinking Butler would be a mainstay on the inactive list if Bodden is fine.  Isn't Ras-I too big for a slot assignment? It's tough for even a good, tall corner to cover a quick little midget (see Cro vs Welker). 
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

Yeah Dowling is too tall for the slot receivers.  Probably will have to be Butler.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Honestly I'll shat my pants if I hear joeslio hanson

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Right now it might be Butler's job to lose,although he could be converted to a FS as that would allow him to utilize his speed in a variety of ways. Butler is probably the most atheletically gifted players on this squad. I'm sure if he has a skill set BB will find it. They say that he tears it up in practice! Maybe the new guy Molden gets the job of covering the slot receiver..