Who's Grudge is it Anyway?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

Who's Grudge is it Anyway?

as tired as i am of this mans'soap opera, i must admit i've been drawn into it again, not by fascination, but by annoyance with the medias' misreporting on the whole affair.  by all accounts sports talk shows, when questioning who holds the greater grudge, begin this epic tale AFTER THE 2007 season, when favre ended up actually retiring, then tried to come back for training camp and was told he woulod not be the starter, then offered millions to stay away.  the reality is that he had first mentioned retiring after the 2006 season,

http://search.espn.go.com/colleen-dominguez/     -go to bottom of page.

made the packers sweat out all summer long while he sat on his farm to make a decision.  the packers were gracious and patient beyond belief.  so he returned and had a wonderful season until he threw that pick in the nfc title game.  the 2007 offseason comes around and he begins playing the "i dunno" retirement game once again, with no end in sight.  the packers graciously waited until late spring until they finally decided to let aaron rogers compete for the starting job.  fair enough.  but not for favre, who twisted their heads around and around until they finally were willing to pay him MILLIONS to stay away, and finally let him escape to the jets, and on and on and on. 

there is no case, on any level, for brett favre having a grudge on the packers.   and for him to say that there's part of him that's been looking forward to proving something to his former team only further proves that this guy is a prime time hustler and, football greatness aside, a real jacka$$ of a man. 

i hope the vikings lose by 30.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Re: Who's Grudge is it Anyway?

I hope the Packers beat the Vikings 145 to -30. That would be great.

Actually, I don't really care. I don't like either team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Who's Grudge is it Anyway?:
    Actually, I don't really care. I don't like either team.
    Posted by Ritchie_az[/QUOTE]

yeah, i sick of the Favre hype, and I never like either team also.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Who's Grudge is it Anyway?:
    as tired as i am of this mans'soap opera, i must admit i've been drawn into it again, not by fascination, but by annoyance with the medias' misreporting on the whole affair.  by all accounts sports talk shows, when questioning who holds the greater grudge, begin this epic tale AFTER THE 2007 season, when favre ended up actually retiring, then tried to come back for training camp and was told he woulod not be the starter, then offered millions to stay away.  the reality is that he had first mentioned retiring after the 2006 season, http://search.espn.go.com/colleen-dominguez/     -go to bottom of page. made the packers sweat out all summer long while he sat on his farm to make a decision.  the packers were gracious and patient beyond belief.  so he returned and had a wonderful season until he threw that pick in the nfc title game.  the 2007 offseason comes around and he begins playing the "i dunno" retirement game once again, with no end in sight.  the packers graciously waited until late spring until they finally decided to let aaron rogers compete for the starting job.  fair enough.  but not for favre, who twisted their heads around and around until they finally were willing to pay him MILLIONS to stay away, and finally let him escape to the jets, and on and on and on.  there is no case, on any level, for brett favre having a grudge on the packers.   and for him to say that there's part of him that's been looking forward to proving something to his former team only further proves that this guy is a prime time hustler and, football greatness aside, a real jacka$$ of a man.  i hope the vikings lose by 30.
    Posted by beastplant

I think Brett started the hold the team hostage by not making a decision on retirement a little earlier than 2006. I remember being tired of it before 2007 and it had already gone on for a few years. I might say 2005, but it may have been 2004 even.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

as tired as i am of this mans'soap opera...I'll start a thread and make a 3 para comment..whoo-hoo!