whos next? Burgess?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

whos next? Burgess?

Maybe they will take a look at Derrick Burgess now? it seems odd, that BB praised him wildly during the season and suddenly he is not interesting to them. I think he could be very strong in his second year in the system.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: whos next? Burgess?

At this point, you almost need to. As long as he doesn't want major dollars. It really helps to go into the draft not having to worry about filling a roster spot. 

He did seem to get better as the year went on, but I don't think he is the answer. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

I know Burgess isnt as important as Brady (who is?), but I think people underestimate how good he was in coverage. And at the end of the season I think he showed som progress. He is a two-time Pro Bowler, so he cant be pure crap..:-) And I think he could come cheap.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

In Response to Re: whos next? Burgess?:
    No, now that Faulk is done, I say focus on Brady...the team would have made the playoffs without Burgess....imagine what they would have done without Brady....get the deal done before Manning's disgusting contract drives up the bar for elite QBs.
    Posted by FishTaco64

We all imagined in 2008 that it would be the end of the world when he went down ... and Cassel took us to 11-5 season ! I love Brady as much as the rest of you but at a 18 -20 million a season price tag no thanks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

No need to worry about TB.  He will be signed and he deserves whatever money they give him.  He is the face of this team and he is the one that draws the most revenue.  I think they are going to address TB after this season.  Whats the rush. He is already signed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Tom Brady will be resigned and the money at this point is not an issue. Actually Manning's deal is worth 14.17 annually and includes an 8th and 9th year at a salary of 1 million to cover the Colts incase they need them to fit the contract under the new CBA once it is completed. So here are the totals a 99.2 million dollar deal 34.5 million bonus over 7 years plus those two bonus years.
    Tom Brady turns 33 in August and he said he wants to play till he is 40. If that is the case a deal structured close to that one makes sense to me. He is worth that type of contract to the team. You don't have to worry about him playing beyond the time he is capable of directing a championship team because he won't want to hurt his legacy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Would anyone be surprised if Burgess gets done in the next couple of days? I think Bill has the team he wants already and thinks they're only a few players away from returning to form.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@baron....I think you are right....It seems that BB knows what he wants to do.  Does that mean its the right moves...only time will tell, but I do think that he threw some of these guys into the wolves to get them ready for this year.  I can see Burgess coming back, hopefully NE can make a trade for Thomas and get another pick out of it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

A. Thomas hopefully gets traded for a ham sandwich to Detroit or somewhere like that. and I don't mind Burgess getting picked back up, but he isn't worth huge money, he is a nice fit if you need a stop gap.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Hopefully Mankins. He is the best guard in the NFL IMHO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I dunno...he seemed "invisible".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Brady can't be re-signed for one ore season. The 30% prevents them from giving him a contract that is not a.) laughable for a QB of his skill, or b.) positively crippling to the team in the long run. 

For something "fair" to be worked out, they are going to need to wait until 2011.

Brady knows this as well. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I think people need to realize Burgess had difficulties at first switch positions and playing with his hands in the air, instead of the dirt. As he learned his position he improved and I think next year he would be a plus player.