Who's the best current NFL owner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Who's the best current NFL owner

I'm not up to speed on all the owners but I'd thought I'd see who you thought was the best. Robert Kraft is hands down to me but let's hear it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Who's the best current NFL owner

The owner of Atlanta seems to be a good owner.  One might consider Jerry Jones as a good owner.  Meddlesome but he makes sure the Cowboys are #1 down here.  Ford of Detroit I believe to be a good owner too.  He's just too loyal for his own good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

How can it not be Daniel Snyder?

Unless, of course, you're interested in winning a couple of games along with cashing your paycheck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

did you happen to see John Riggins' recent comments on Senor Snyder?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwell4. Show greenwell4's posts

kraft then Dan Snyder(sic) 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: Who's the best current NFL owner:
    [QUOTE]did you happen to see John Riggins' recent comments on Senor Snyder?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

I saw him go off pretty hard on Jim Zorn a couple weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything about Snyder. Although, I guess when it comes to the Redskins, if you're Riggo, you can say pretty much whatever you want.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's the best current NFL owner : I saw him go off pretty hard on Jim Zorn a couple weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything about Snyder. Although, I guess when it comes to the Redskins, if you're Riggo, you can say pretty much whatever you want.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

There's a lot of venom being spewed towards the front office of the Redskins about now.  What do you expect when they ban all signs/posters from the stadium, insist that people who are wearing negative t-shirts to games either remove them or turn them inside out and haul widows into court because they won't allow them to return their season tickets because they can't afford them anymore?  One guy had on a t-shirt with a picture of Snyder and Cerrato and underneath it said Dumb and Dumber, they threw him out of the stadium, now thousands are being printed up.  One restaraunt owner has organized a boycott so that, during the Dallas game, after the anthem, somewhere between 10 and 20 thousand fans are going to walk out of the stadium and watch the game from the parking lot and tailgate.  And, the season is only half over.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]The owner of Atlanta seems to be a good owner.  One might consider Jerry Jones as a good owner.  Meddlesome but he makes sure the Cowboys are #1 down here.  Ford of Detroit I believe to be a good owner too.  He's just too loyal for his own good.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

Seriously? William Clay Ford?

The Lions have won one  - ONE - playoff game since Ford took ownership in the early 60's. He not only hired Millen, but kept Millen long past his freshness date. Don't blame anyone but Ford for running that organization into the ground. The decision making starts with him. Anything beneath it is a result of his bone-headedness.

In all seriousness, with how he has run the Lions and how his son runs Ford, Congress should pass a law disallowing anyone named Ford to ever run a business. The whole family blows.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Kraft and I don't just feel it is just Pats' fan bias, there are legit reasons he is the best.

He hires smart people to run his organization and trusts them to do there job, promotes family and good character within the organization, built an amazing state of the art stadium for the fans and last of all, he is a winner, surrounds himself with winners and his team wins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Admit it . . .

you guys miss the Sullivans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's the best current NFL owner : There's a lot of venom being spewed towards the front office of the Redskins about now.  What do you expect when they ban all signs/posters from the stadium, insist that people who are wearing negative t-shirts to games either remove them or turn them inside out and haul widows into court because they won't allow them to return their season tickets because they can't afford them anymore?  One guy had on a t-shirt with a picture of Snyder and Cerrato and underneath it said Dumb and Dumber, they threw him out of the stadium, now thousands are being printed up.  One restaurant owner has organized a boycott so that, during the Dallas game, after the anthem, somewhere between 10 and 20 thousand fans are going to walk out of the stadium and watch the game from the parking lot and tailgate.  And, the season is only half over.
    Posted by southernpat[/QUOTE]

And they deserve it.

I actually listened to Cerrato's Friday morning radio show today. (Do other GMs have radio shows?) The man is an idiot. He didn't say anything insightful and I actually thought he sounded like a new broadcaster saying things like "If we score more than the other team, we win." HOw this guy got to where he is is beyond me. There are posters on this board with a lot more football acument than Vinny.

Danny is just a huge, brown piece of ego. He actually charges people for walking into the park if they don't park there during game day. He started charging families $10/head to watch practices. And, as the poster above noted, he is suing season ticket holders who can't afford to pay for their tickets. Sure, it's a business,but his attitude toward the fans is atrocious. His football acumen is summed up by his choice of hiring and keeping on Vinny C.

That organization is in the p ooper.

If you want to read it, Riggin's comments can be read here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

I have been a Pat's fan since the late 6o's. I have seen it all, including watching a fire start right below me at Boston College. During that game I sat in the endzone (on the field) while my father was looking for me.

Every year it would be the same thing; the two worst teams would be the Patriots and the Saints. I always loved the Pat's thru all of those 3-11 seasons. It used to burn me to see all of the fair weather fans who loved the winning Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins desert for the Cowboys, Dolphins, Chiefs (they were alwasy good back then) Vikings and Giants. They were a team with no stadium and a poor owner. When they first built Schaeffer Stadium the problems started immediately. For the first preseason game against the Giants I had to walk over one mile to get to the stadium. The traffic was worse than ever and that parking lot.

Bob Kraft with the initial help of Bill Parcell changed that. The Pat's with the continued leadership of coach Bill are one of the strongest organizations in all sports. I am enjoying this!!!! And to all trolls who think Patriots fans are recent front runners take a look at my resume and the resume of all fan who have followed this franchise for so long!!!!!! PS:Any of you ole timers remember Mike Taliaferro. That is when I first became a fan. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

On the subject of Snyder, I have a buddy who is a Skins season ticket holder, he stopped going to the games 3 weeks ago, for the 1st time in 20 years. Snyder is the worst owner in the NFL and that is saying a lot with the Raiders also being the mess they are.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Kraft is hands down the best owner in football and maybe even all of sports. Is that stuff about people walking out of a Redskins game for real? That would be a huge statement if thousends of fans walked out of a game right after the antham.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Sorry but isnt he dead?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Who's the best current NFL owner:
    [QUOTE]I'm not up to speed on all the owners but I'd thought I'd see who you thought was the best. Robert Kraft is hands down to me but let's hear it.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Kraft first definitely...He's a people person and part of the reason players like coming here. Let's face it the first year when Moss was here Randy had Thanksgiving dinner with the Kraft Family and you know Brady thinks of him like a 2nd father. He takes care of his players and the fans.

Honorable mention for the Rooneys in Pittsburgh. Even though they're Obama supporting Liberals and I hate the Steelers they've been 2nd to the Pats over the last decade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BEANCLOWNS. Show BEANCLOWNS's posts

The Maras and Rooneys and the Hunts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

[QUOTE]Kraft is hands down the best owner in football and maybe even all of sports. Is that stuff about people walking out of a Redskins game for real? That would be a huge statement if thousends of fans walked out of a game right after the antham.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

It's true.  A fan began a grassroots campaign to organize other fans in a revolt against the owner, Dan Snyder.  Well, the small campaign took off and now it's estimated that somewhere between 10 and 20 thousand (possibly more) are going to walk out of the stadium during the Dallas game, right after the national anthem.  They will then congregate in the parking lot, tailgate and watch the game on tv.  
    The ownership and management of this team get ripped on a daily basis by the likes of John Riggins, Lavar Arrington as well as the media in print, internet and radio.  It's times like these that I am glad I have been a New England sports fan all my life, we have been through some rough times but these people here have turned on the team like wolves on fresh meat.  Great fun!!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Come on guys this is easy a guy names a stadium after a beer and also owns drinking and partying playground hands down its got to be Jimmy Buffet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's the best current NFL owner : It's true.  A fan began a grassroots campaign to organize other fans in a revolt against the owner, Dan Snyder.  Well, the small campaign took off and now it's estimated that somewhere between 10 and 20 thousand (possibly more) are going to walk out of the stadium during the Dallas game, right after the national anthem.  They will then congregate in the parking lot, tailgate and watch the game on tv.   The ownership and management of this team get ripped on a daily basis by the likes of John Riggins, Lavar Arrington as well as the media in print, internet and radio.  It's times like these that I am glad I have been a New England sports fan all my life, we have been through some rough times but these people here have turned on the team like wolves on fresh meat.  Great fun!!! 
    Posted by southernpat[/QUOTE]

I heard that Browns fans are planning to do the same thing, only that the 5000 fans that actually show up will have to exit and enter 4 times to make it look like 20,000 fans are boycotting the game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from steelerjim58. Show steelerjim58's posts

Gee, I never would have guessed that so many patriots fans would pick kraft over the Rooneys. Go figure.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

How are the Roony's better owners than the Kraft's when the Pats have remained dominant over the last 9 years while the Steelers have in 2 or 3 year stints? If anything, Polian would be above the Roony's considering they have remained dominant juts as long as the Patriots. The Roony's get 3rd place at best.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]How are the Roony's better owners than the Kraft's when the Pats have remained dominant over the last 9 years while the Steelers have in 2 or 3 year stints? If anything, Polian would be above the Roony's considering they have remained dominant juts as long as the Patriots. The Roony's get 3rd place at best.
    Posted by Diesel12[/QUOTE]

Good point Diesel..I was going reply in the same manor but I was feeling guilty about ripping Pittsburgh yesterday and figured I'd give it a rest.
    When you have the wins that the Pats have over the last decade and are a class act like Bob Kraft you're #1..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Might want to doublecheck your love of Kraft guys - I live less than a mile from his summer compoud on the Cape and know for a fact he has screwed over more people who built his docks, and contractors who rebuilt his four houses....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Kraft first, none second.