Who's your favorite all-time Patriot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Who's your favorite all-time Patriot?

I have many, but if I had to pick one it would be Mosiula (Mosi) Faasuka Tatupu. He was drafted 216th in the 8th round of 1978 out of USC. He played for the Patriots from 1978-1990. He made the Pro Bowl in 1986 as a special teamer.

John McKay called Mosi the “best blocking back in USC history” and compared tackling Mosi to “tackling a Coke machine.”

He was never the featured back for NE but he was a crushing blocker and captain of the special teams for many years. He was active in the community and a huge fan favorite.

He is currently the running-backs coach at NCAA Division III school Curry College in Milton, Massachusetts.

Edit: RIP Mosi 02/23/10

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Re: Who's your favorite all-time Patriot?

GINO CAPPELLETTI.

BEAST.  WR/K deserving of a hall of fame bust.  he was the first GREAT patriot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Steve Grogan would be my choice.  Loved his toughness.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Aside from Brady, I'd have to say Rodney Harrison.
    Great Leader
    Great tackler
    Great Blitzer
    Great Size
    Explosive hitter
    Improved in coverage, really helped against tight ends (see Tony Gonzalez)
    Made big plays and didn't make mistakes. He's everything that Merriweather isn't.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

1) Tom Brady  - Goes without saying.
    2) Rodney Harrisin - No apologies, No excuses - balls out football.
    3) Steve Grogan - The original Tom Brady. Ice water in his veins.
    4) Hog Hanna - Earned New England respect when we had dam little.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Mini Mack Herron one of the smallest players in Patriots history also had one of the biggest hearts as a player,Daryl Stingley for simply being Courageous, Tom Brady for being the leader of this team where all the other QB's have failed,Willie McGinnest for his pure intelligence,but the greatest Patriot of all time has to be the enigma himself Bill Belichek.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

John Hannah without a doubt.  Until Brady is inducted, Hannah will be the only Patriots in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

He was the key to a 1976 Patriots team that set the record for rushing yards in a season with well over 3,000 (in FOURTEEN games), a record that still stands today.  That team lost to the Raiders in large part to a dubious roughing the passer penalty that (a) Raiders fans all conveniently forget when b*tching about the Tuck Rule and (b) was NEVER called back then.

Oh, and he's also the greatest guard in the history of football.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

NickC1188,

You forgot Andre Tippett is in the HOF

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

My all time favorite player is John Hannah. The greatest lineman to ever play the game . Went over ten years without a holding call on him.............FYI.......Mike Haynes is in the Hall as well and I thought he went in as a Patriot even though he played in Oakland........I will look that up....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Nick Buonoconti (sp?) is in too I think.............

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Eason,

I think you are correct, but those guys went on to bigger and better things with other teams (raiders and fins).  Those Pat's teams in the 1970's were loaded with good players,,,some went on to greater success elsewhere. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

Mr. two positions is my favorite.  #80 Troy Brown.  Parcells took him in I think the 7th round and he only drafted him because his college coach got in Parcells ear.  He was cut like three maybe four times before he got to stick around and then when he was a super bowl champion as a wide out the coaches asked him to play DB!  Too young to see Hannah play but if you know football you know he was the best at his position for his career.  My other all time player was Vincent Brown he was a physical beast and he played on some bad teams and right when the Pats started getting good his body broke down and off to the sunset for him.  Also Kevin Faulk is a player I admire all he does is make first downs and when the Pats were getting spanked in the playoffs it was Faulk who rounded up the offensive unit to voice his displeasure with the effort.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I have a hard time choosing. But it would be between Curtis Martin and Troy Brown. Both were class acts 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It would be impossible to pick one -- although the only jersey I ever wore was Steve Grogan's -- but one guy I loved who hasn't been mentioned yet is Steve Nelson. Always around the ball hurting people.

Also, John Smith always gets an honorable mention for making the snowplow kick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

Willie McGinnest made the championship defences roar.  He put the pressure on when needed.  Set the edge almost every time and camr up with the big play in crucial momments.  Man we could have used him in '07 when 3 guys had their mits on Manning.  Me thinks Big Willie would have taken him down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Who's your favorite all-time Patriot?:
    I have a hard time choosing. But it would be between Curtis Martin and Troy Brown. Both were class acts 
    Posted by dafoe

you mean Curtis Martin the NEW YORK JET?  ick.

Mine is Troy Brown.  Here for keeps, played defense, offense special teams after being cut once and barely making the team.  Guts, toughness, willingness, quiet, winner.  
    Second place Tedy Bruschi, most of the same reasons.  
    Third Tom Brady.
    I wouldnt include anyone who didnt win a superbowl.  Thats just me.  I understand if anyone else doesn't agree.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RC7. Show RC7's posts

Hands down, Tedy Bruschi.

In the age were everyone is looking for speed, for which Bruschi was lacking. Tedy was the epitome of hard work, toughness, intelligence, desire and loyalty to his team.

Close second would be Troy Brown, in the day of prima dona receivers who care more about their next touchdown dance, this guy agreed to play defense when the team was in need.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Mine would be either Willie McGinest or Matt Light. Aside from their contributions on the field, I've been able to get a sense of what kind of people they are through interviews and their actions off the field.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Patrick Henry.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Now that's a locker room leader.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Hog Hannah; best Olineman ever.
    Steve Grogan; gutsiest QB ever.
    Stanley Morgan; 10,716 yards over 13 years and a 19.2 yard per catch average!
    rodney; should be a HOF safety but probably won't be.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Being a horse owner and Harley rider I'll say Paul Revere.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Steve Grogan

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Connor Barwin

Runner ups:

Brady
    Troy Brown
    Bruschi
    Ben Coates
    Willi McGinist
    Ty Law

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

This is why they created the Ty Law Rule:

Law snares three interceptions in 24-14 victory

Defense wins again. The irresistible force that was the Indianapolis Colts' offense during the first two rounds of the playoffs was no match after all for the proverbial immovable object. For the second time in three seasons, the New England Patriots are AFC champs, winning a trip to Super Bowl XXXVIII with a 24-14 smashing at Gillette Stadium.

The Patriots (16-2) forced five turnovers — including four Peyton Manning interceptions — to exemplify the "defense wins championships" mantra.

Perhaps Bruschi best described the defense's physical, aggressive approach. "Get Peyton dirty. Get the receivers dirty. Make those nice white uniforms dirty," he said. "Were they dirty? Mission accomplished."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/games/2004-01-18-patriots-colts_x.htm

Where's that attitude now?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slakrking. Show slakrking's posts

Offense - Steve Grogan, no one tougher
    Defense - Steve Nelson, no one worked harder