Why Brady lost the exchange on 4th down

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Why Brady lost the exchange on 4th down

Did anyone, or EVERYONE, notice that Tom was leaning away from center (before the snap) on almost every play? I thought he could have been flagged for a false start numerous times.

Seemed like a breakdown in his mechanics- strange for someone with his experience.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Why Brady lost the exchange on 4th down

he's so slow....it takes extra time for him to move.....he was just getting a head start....lol Laughing

just bad communication between center and qb. Brady shouldn't have pulled back until he felt the ball in his hand. He moved on his own hut-hut

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Second time they've had problems with the exchange this year.  Looked like Brady did pull out too fast and was leaning backwards.  Also may be some issues with Wendell's size.  He's a small center and was headed aggressively forward and downward on his block, so the ball may have been a little out of the position where Brady expected it.  

Obviously this is something that needs to be worked on.  You can't mess the exchange up.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The ball was delivered correctly.  Brady pulled his hands out from the centers butt when he started leaning back.  You can also tell when the ball is delivered correctly on where it drops, at the QBs feet.  Tom was just a little anxious.  No matter, the Pats came out on top.  Good game on the road.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

It really should not have even been necessary as the play before they got the 1st down. Poor officiating in that game. Everytime I heard the ref speak I said oboy we are in trouble now. Not sure about the whole instant replay fiasco. I wonder what they would have down if Atlanta had chanllenged a call after the so call fix to the system.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Second time for Brady on two big plays in only 4 games. If he was Ridley he would be on the bench. It was lame. Almost as if he was losing his poise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Well TB was asked about the play twice in post-game pressers I heard.   Both times he cited "execution".   He did not say "my fault" as he often does.   That makes me think he feels Wendell is at least partly to blame.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:

It really should not have even been necessary as the play before they got the 1st down. Poor officiating in that game. Everytime I heard the ref speak I said oboy we are in trouble now. Not sure about the whole instant replay fiasco. I wonder what they would have down if Atlanta had chanllenged a call after the so call fix to the system.

Yeah, that was an OBVIOUS fist down for Blount. What good does all this replay crap do if they still cant get an obvious call correct? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Agree that the preceding play should have been ruled a 1st down.

With respect to the fumble on the exchange regardless of where the responsibility lies I'm sure it will be addressed this week.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to fourjays30's comment:

Yeah, that was an OBVIOUS fist down for Blount. What good does all this replay crap do if they still cant get an obvious call correct? 

The replay crap broke so they went with the call on the field.  That shouldnt be allowed to happe. if thats the case let the booth official call the replay results down to the field.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

One other thing that goes un noticed. Look at how many balls Brady grabs at his ankles when in the shotgun. He shouldnt have to get it that low.

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Second time they've had problems with the exchange this year.  Looked like Brady did pull out too fast and was leaning backwards.  Also may be some issues with Wendell's size.  He's a small center and was headed aggressively forward and downward on his block, so the ball may have been a little out of the position where Brady expected it.  

Obviously this is something that needs to be worked on.  You can't mess the exchange up.  

They've been having this problem this season. Wendell is also a shaky shotgun snapper too. Everything comes in low. 

They have to get on the same page. 

Still, it didn't cost New England too dearly, because you can't assume a first down there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Ya we got porked on the spot...it was easily a first down. When Brady pulls away early it's called premature extraction from center...it can be frustrating for aging QB's.....

Actually one would think it was a clue that Brady was going with his QB sneak play....