Why CHEAP?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Why CHEAP?

Why Cheap? It seems when most posters talk about acquiring players they always prefaces it with CHEAP. The money being spent is not ours so why the concern? Hell Bob Kraft is a billionaire, that imitation Brady shirt at the Pro shop cost $79.00 ask killa what a seat cost. I associate the word CHEAP with junk, crap and garbage. Sort a like all the CHEAP DB’s this team has been bringing in over the last few years. Yes you can get 6 of them but they all still suck. If you shop at Wal-Mart it’s going to be CHEAP but you get poor quality junk.

The key is to find quality players at good value. Remembering good value isn’t always CHEAP.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Why CHEAP?

ARe y u ssssay ngmy WALmarrrt t keyb ard s a piieecee ofjunk/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Why CHEAP?

lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Why CHEAP?

Sort a like all the CHEAP DB’s this team has been bringing in over the last few years.

Deltha O'Niell wasn't even up to Wal-Mart standards...I think BB got him at the Goodwill store!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Why CHEAP?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Why CHEAP?

Yeah, O'neal is the classic case. The other was Duane Starks.

I don't think NE should get a franchise corner, but if they are going FA, they should at least make sure it is money well spent.

A two million dollar corner who gives up TDs is more of a waste of money than a solid $6 million dollar corner.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Why CHEAP?

Like I have been asking all along: What does Bodden want $$$.....will Mc Fadden cost less. The peicemeal secondary did not work last year and it won`t work next season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Why CHEAP?

What’s lower then Goodwill? Because that’s where Duane Starks came from.

But seriously, it’s a bit concerning if you look at all the Free Agent CB that have come through in the past 3-4 years. Not a one has stuck with the team. The only thing they have in common is they were cheap (garbage) players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Why CHEAP?

Just guessing, but I would think McFadden will command a bit more. Half waythrough last season I had him pegged as a cheap guy NE could bring in because he was their 3rd corner. But he really picked it up down the stretch and was instrumental in a lot of their success.

I like him because he supports the run, and rarely makes mental mistakes.

But I thnk his performance has priced him out of even Pittsburgh.

I am hoping a deal can be struck with Bodden. I am not evenshy aboutthe money, but something that reflects his status.

In 2006-7 he looked like a star. In 2008 he looked like a decent corner worth like $3-4million.

He has some really good upside in this system, so a contract that would keep him motivated to be the Bodden of 2006-7. I would pay that player $8 million per. But also with safety valves in case he dogs it, bringing the value back down.

So something like four years with $12 million in guarantees, and incentives that could bring it to something like $28-30 would be fitting.

It would seem fair. I hope his agent and NE are negotiating a deal of that order.

What kind of incentives you can really put on a CB is beyond me. INTs don't tell the whole story of how they are doing, especially grippy cover corners, so that is out.

Playing time incentives can be fooled as well by injury, etc. So I don't know. They could be a lot more creative than me in writing up vesting options and the like.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Why CHEAP?

We say we want cheap players cause up until they moved cassel we had no cap room and also because that is the Belichick way.. You should read the book "The Blueprint; How the NE Patriots beat the system to create the last great NFL superpower" It will really let you get a great behind the scenes look at why they do things the way they do. Also gives a great history of the Pats all the way back to Billy Sullivan and the AFL. The teams moto is we are not in the bussiness of collecting talent we are in teh bussiness of building a team and thats why they bring in the lower cheap players so they can fill teh middle of our depth chart with talent. Thats how we are always able to play through the injury bug cause we always have one of teh strongest rosters in the NFL.

Also Kmaxx is correct, i only own half a season worth of season tickets and it costs me 1500 a season so Kraft has the cash lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Why CHEAP?

m

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Why CHEAP?

Yeah, that is the truth. Cheap players = depth. For sure.

But I think part of teh CBsituation is that NE has made some mistakes in the past few years, and have had (like every team) to make some tough choices re: free agents.

Locking up Asante instead of franchising him would have negated most of these problems. Ithink the six million offer at the time would be considered an absolute bargain by now. Hobbs will probably get more than that as a free agent.

The other half is that they are looking for potential "finds" out there.

The reason a few people bring it up though is because the level of talent that they fielded last seaon wasn't even backup depth, especially at CB.

I am a firm beleiver that you can't have all stars at every spot. But they need at least one corner they can hang their hat on, and if that comes through the draft or FA I don't care.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Why CHEAP?

My problem with drafting a CB is they wont be ready to start for a few years and thats not what we are looking for. There is not a single CB in teh draft that could start from day 1 so if we need a CB I say we sign a FA like Bodden and work with the CBs we alreayd have. Then if we do draft a CB at least we have a veteran like Bodden on teh team to help.