Why destroy your Cell Phone?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Why destroy your Cell Phone?

This kid is dumber then I thought.  All texts, emails and locations are stored on the Service Providers, Facebook, Google, Angry Bird and NSA servers. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: Why destroy your Cell Phone?

yup, not the brightest bulb...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

This kid is dumber then I thought.  All texts, emails and locations are stored on the Service Providers, Facebook, Google, Angry Bird and NSA servers. 

"than I thought"

I wouldn't call someone else dumb and then not even know basic grammar in the process.  It looks bad.  

[/QUOTE]

iPad induced typo Nerd.  Enlighten me again on what round Cannon was drafted in, Miss Crabtree? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I also don't understand why you destroy security cameras? I could see destroying the media (hard drive or whatever) where images are stored, but the cameras?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I imagine when the police come knocking (and you don't let them in) you do dumb things and panic/scramble before they come back with their search warrant...which they did. I can't believe how guilty this guy appears at this point. I have a friend that used to play minor league ball with the victim, he said he heard that Hernadez hated the victim - he didn't think Hernadez actually killed him, but he definitely thought he had something to do with it.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Let's see...obstruction of justice conviction vs. murder conviction...which sentence is longer?

Seriously, we have only a shadow of a shadow of the real story, so far.

That considered, didn't we see Hernandez flash a gang symbol in a telecast a season or so back? I won't type the gang's name, but I know what I saw and I got angry viewing it, having formerly lived in a gang-infested neighborhood in Aurora, IL when I stupidly bought a cool vintage house there w/o really giving the neighborhood a top-to-bottom preview. Having lived alongside them and seeing what they did to the community for 11 years, I hate gangs!

Critical football fans outside of N.E. are dumping on Pats' fans, claiming that we want to see the whole thing white-washed.  I think they misjudge.  This is a much more moral part of the country than I think outsiders realize.  I've lived North, South, East and West.  People in the South and the Midwest claim to be most moral.  But I have found that more of these people here live to be more moral and straight-forward than the people in those other areas.  And these people are not going to tolerate a murderer/conspirator-to-murder in their midst, regardless of lofty rank or profile.

To conclude my first and last post of 2013 here, do these Pats look hopeless or what? How much more stuff could go against this team before even their first game?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

The stories that are out there are not good for Hern, the Pats and society in general. Maybe, Hernandez needs to sit down with someone and tell the real truth? Maybe, he needs to live honestly, seeking the advice of God before he acts?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to chrisakawoody's comment:

Let's see...obstruction of justice conviction vs. murder conviction...which sentence is longer?

That considered, didn't we see Hernandez flash a gang symbol in a telecast a season or so back? I won't type the gang's name, but I know what I saw and I got angry viewing it, having formerly lived in a gang-infested neighborhood in Aurora, IL when I stupidly bought a cool vintage house there w/o really giving the neighborhood a top-to-bottom preview. Having lived alongside them and seeing what they did to the community for 11 years, I hate gangs!

Critical football fans outside of N.E. are dumping on Pats' fans, claiming that we want to see the whole thing white-washed.  I think they misjudge.  This is a much more moral part of the country than I think outsiders realize.  I've lived North, South, East and West.  People in the South and the Midwest claim to be most moral.  But I have found that more of these people here live to be more moral and straight-forward than the people in those other areas.  And these people are not going to tolerate a murderer/conspirator-to-murder in their midst, regardless of lofty rank or profile.

To conclude my first and last post of 2013 here, do these Pats look hopeless or what? How much more stuff could go against this team before even their first game?

You should post more often..,haven't seen you in a while.

whatever he did he is going to miss time playing. At the least, it smells like an obstruction charge, maybe bumped up to aiding and abetting. That's a felony. 

The reason he destroyed the mobile phone is because he either took video, pictures or both of the 4 guys together in some capacity. The photos are geo tagged, and the police should be able to see where he took them, times stamped, etc to piece it all together. This could be the only reason as they can get call and text data from the provider With some help from the FBI.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Good to hear from you chris.  I lived in Joliet for 2 years in 79 - 80.  I went to Joliet West HS and wrestled on the freshmen and sophomore teams when they were a Power House.  I was OK but there were some great wrestlers at that school.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Good to hear from you chris.  I lived in Joliet for 2 years in 79 - 80.  I went to Joliet West HS and wrestled on the freshmen and sophomore teams when they were a Power House.  I was OK but there were some great wrestlers at that school.  

Glad you had good memories from there.  I still have some of my best friends in Illinois and talked to three of them this very night.

I almost bought a house in the Cathedral District there.  It was insane-in-the-membrane: Vintage stucco 1920's, 5-car garage, library, fireplace in 40x20 livingroom, and a matching master BR directly above with a fireplace, too.  Sunroom, formal staircase and servants' staircase, four BR's total on the 2nd floor, more on the rustically finished third floor. About 3000 sq/ft.  Wrought iron fence. Even had a British phone booth in the basement.  As an estate sale, they only wanted $172K in 1999.  I made a bid through my r/e agent, who being a selfish D waited until the next day to submit the offer for us, too late of course. Should have just done it there myself in the open-house and cut him out of it. I found it. Not him.  Still that neighborhood has the same gang problem, as pretty as it can look in spots. Most of Aurora, Joliet and Elgin are awash in gangs today.  Aurora was the #3 cocaine-dealing hub of the U.S. when I lived there. Bad, bad, bad people.  Guns crackling at night every summer. And Hernandez salutes this citcumstance on network TV.

Alright all. Thanks for the nice comments, but I just watch the games and don't invest the time into the board anymore.  Enjoy the season and hope for the best.  And may whichever diety have mercy on the victim's poor soul.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Yes.  Framingham.  Or Taunton.  No offense to good folks in those cities, but it is true.

All those great free concerts in Grant Park are just starting up.  XRT has to be one of the 10 best radio stations in the country. One thing Aurora does right is those free summer concerts they have downtown.  I'd seen Kenny Wayne Sheppard, Buddy Guy, Roomful of Blues, the late Guitar Slim (if I recollect correctly), Los Lobos, The Outlaws (who, like Sheppard, blew my under-estimating mind), and others.  Besides that and a mess of great houses (Frank Lloyd Wright's and such), the town was a real downer with a lot of petty, mean people.  Complete opposite of the North Side and downtown Chicago.  

Yes, trolls and angry people here are what drove me away.  Plus I got married to a swell gal who deserved more of my time for legally commiting to me (something for her troubles), so it was a one-two punch.

Hey, one last mind-blower that must have been a hot topic here for a while: I met the young bomber about six weeks before the marathon.  Very distinct, with a sharp chin, good looks and his backwards hat.  He was exceptionally polite to me on one of my cold-call sales calls.  I walked out of there and said to myself, "Why can't more people be like that guy - nice." I believe it was in New Bedford and he was helping out at a friend's biz - maybe a car-related biz. I pride myself on being pretty good at reading people for sales, but he had me totally fooled. 

Okay, wife just got home.  Thanks all.  Have a great season. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

And surveillance cameras/system?  Not the acts of an "innocent" person. This will not end well for AH. At this point I don't want to see him back in a Pats uniform.  It's getting as thug ugly as it can get.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Yes.  Framingham.  Or Taunton.  No offense to good folks in those cities, but it is true.

All those great free concerts in Grant Park are just starting up.  XRT has to be one of the 10 best radio stations in the country. One thing Aurora does right is those free summer concerts they have downtown.  I'd seen Kenny Wayne Sheppard, Buddy Guy, Roomful of Blues, the late Guitar Slim (if I recollect correctly), Los Lobos, The Outlaws (who, like Sheppard, blew my under-estimating mind), and others.  Besides that and a mess of great houses (Frank Lloyd Wright's and such), the town was a real downer with a lot of petty, mean people.  Complete opposite of the North Side and downtown Chicago.  

Yes, trolls and angry people here are what drove me away.  Plus I got married to a swell gal who deserved more of my time for legally commiting to me (something for her troubles), so it was a one-two punch.

Hey, one last mind-blower that must have been a hot topic here for a while: I met the young bomber about six weeks before the marathon.  Very distinct, with a sharp chin, good looks and his backwards hat.  He was exceptionally polite to me on one of my cold-call sales calls.  I walked out of there and said to myself, "Why can't more people be like that guy - nice." I believe it was in New Bedford and he was helping out at a friend's biz - maybe a car-related biz. I pride myself on being pretty good at reading people for sales, but he had me totally fooled. 

Okay, wife just got home.  Thanks all.  Have a great season. 

Congrats on the new life!   That;s great. You're a good poster and fan and should stick around.

XRT is one of the last true radio stations. I don't think Clear Channel owns them because they could care less. It's great. They'd broadcast live shows from the Vic and stuff like that all the time. Very cool. I am not a big radio guy at all, but they are great and the one I'd lean on when I lived there.

Grant Park is just a fun place to be about now, minus the Taste of Chicago. Overrated and overcrowded.  Kingston Mines was always the place for good blues and the Double Door over there on Milwaukee and 64 there coming out of downtown. Love that city. Arguably the best city in the country. Puts NY to shame.  SF, Boston or Chicago are my faves.   Each is unique, but have similar vibes.  

I always thought Sheperd was a poseur type like John Mayer, but I did get that first album with Blue on Black on it, like what 15 years ago now? My, time flies.

Weird story about you contacting the loser bomber kid. Wild.

Thanks.

Just quickly, I know just what you mean about Sheppard.  My cousin forced me to see him at Lupo's when he first broke out and I thought he was awful, derivative and cliche'd.  That's why that Aurora show years later shocked me.  He was legit, which I never thought he would be.  And I think he still had the same band, which is respectable.  The Outlaws were perfecto.  And a month later, one of the guitarists died and I think that ended them. 

I should have seen more shows in Chicago, but I did see:

Richard Thompson, at several venues, and who is one of my favs;

Terrence Trent D'Arby & Dicky Betts at the H.O.B., both top-notch (skip the Allman's, see Betts);

Duke Robillard and Buddy Guy at Buddy Guy's;

Super Furry Animals (amazing), Gomez (amazing), Adrian Belew (amazing), T.V. On The Radio (they were not so hot), Interpol (good, not great), Black Rebel Motorcycle Gang (great), Paul Geremia (very good), The Beta Band (power failed and they played six songs unplugged and then split, but I could tell they would have been epic), Gruff Rhys (excellent), Robert Randolph Band (OK) and some others at various places like The Vic, Shuba's, Double Door, Evanston Space, etc.  

If you ever get a chance, Ike Reilly and the Assassintation is one of the best rock bands since 2001, IMO, and only about 10,000 have ever heard of them it seems.  Every record is five stars.  Charisma on stage of Springsteen (and I don''t even dig Springsteen, but props where due, right?), wit of Dylan and straight rock melodical genius of The Kinks. They play at the Abbey Pub and others. Sometimes tour internationally.  On YouTube. Again, all of you are strongly recommended to check out that band if you like any of the acts I liked here.

Night all.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

When I lived in Chicago the place for Blues was the old Checkerboard Lounge on 43rd and King.  Buddy Guy and Junior Wells played there just about every weekend.  This was before Guy opened his eponymous bar on the North Side.  Some good times there . . . 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

WLUP The Loop.  Best Radio station ever.  Not to mention they sponsored the Greatest Radio Promotion ever........Disco Demolition Night!!

I had the same T-Shirt, got it at the Crows Nest Head Shop.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

When I lived in Chicago the place for Blues was the old Checkerboard Lounge on 43rd and King.  Buddy Guy and Junior Wells played there just about every weekend.  This was before Guy opened his eponymous bar on the North Side.  Some good times there . . . 

That city has some killer music venues/clubs/bars, etc. They're all very different in their own way, but the amount of music that comes through there on a regular basis is ridiculous. In the Northeast, people are spoiled because everyone hits NY, which means Boston and Philly get whatever goes to NY. That is how Chicago is in the Midwest and then you can also scoot up to Milwaukee, which is like going from Boston to Providence. Indy is only 3 hours to the East, so if you want to scoot over there on a weekend, you can do that, too.

But, literally every weekend from June-Sept there is either a neighborhood sectioned off with local bands, playing for free, some pretty good, or the stuff downtown at Grant Park like the Blues or Jazz fests.

Whatever your're into, it's there.  The Checkerboard Lounge (don't think it was there when I was there) was on the S. Side. I literally never went down there due to the crime risk, unless a random White Sox game when the REd Sox were in town.  

Was the Aragon Ballroom still there when you were there? Saw the Clash there once.  Fabulous show.  They played for hours . . . 

The old Checkerboard (not the new one in Hyde Park) was in a pretty sketchy neighborhood, but they kept their guests safe.  Just take a cab to the front door and don't wander around on the street outside. Think the old Checkerboard closed in the mid eighties. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'm talking back when I lived there (79 - 80).  Not sure what happened after that.  Move to NY where they had WNEW, which I never liked and WAPP which started in 81 with a commercial free summer.  They were much better then NEW but only lasted a couple of years.  Then came K-Rock WXRK and Howard Stern.  For the last 8 or 9 years Radio in NY sucked.  Finally 104.3 is back to a RnR station.