Re: Why did we loose today?
posted at 10/12/2009 6:51 PM EDT
In Response to Re: Why did we loose today?
[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why did we loose today? : You are kidding right? Even Belichik came out in the presser and essentially hung the offense out on this one. Giving up 17 in four quarters, when the only thing your offense is stringing together are 3&outs is not a bad performance. To even equate how pitiful this offense has been to how the defense has played is insulting. Or better yet, you take a team that scores 17 per game, and give them the league average defense, and I'll take the team that only allows 17 per game, and give them the league average offense, and we'll see who wins more games.
Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]
Yeah I agree Zbellino. Anybody who tries to pin this on the defense just doesn't know football. We all know the defense was going to be a work in progress after a "major overhaul" in the secondary and across the board really. yes they didn't stop Denver on final drive but there were some tough breaks with the taunting call(which whether it was or was not was a game changer) and the non reviewable challenge which was clearly our ball. However like you said we cannot go 3 and out over and over and expect our new young defense to win games for us. The lack of second half adjustments and predictable play calling was the only reason we lost this game.
The defense is our bright spot as history has proven if a unit can stay together then more often then not they improve. If our defense continues to improve they will be one of the best in the league by years end.
The real concerns are offensive variety and something else that maybe none of us have thought about. We may not have too many weapons on offense. Think about this
1. Moss is now 32, yes he is still fast but almost every wr starts to decline at his age.
2. Welker has a baulky knee and is our only consistent weapon.
3. Galloway is benched
4. Watson is inconsistent at best(and injured again by the way)
5. Taylor is injured and might not be the same this year.
6 Morris is a 32 year old rb who appears to be our only weapon in the run game and quite frankly we have no reason to believe that with this type of work load he will be around come seasons end.
7. Either our new coordinator does not realize that Kevin Faulk is an ABSOLUTE 1st DOWN MACHINE or perhaps the unthinkable.... Kevin has gotten old as well. OMG
8. Who is the 3rd wr again???????????????????????????????????????????????????
9. Laurence Maroney is the only back with the speed and athleticism to break off big chunks of yards but we only give him 5-8 touches a game and run him up the gut on a regular basis, WHY
10. Tom Brady is not comfortable with his 1 year out of football and surgically repaired knee. YET!
We needed to be a running team and dink and dunk team the first quarter of the season to allow Brady time to get acclimated and strengthen his knee, instead we have him throw 40 X a game and go 5 wide against a jets team that can only blitz.
Sorry about the rant here but with all of the negative things I just said I still think we win the next 2 games and go into our bye week 5-2. Then the real tests begin as we play teams like Indy and New O who will make us have to score in the high 20's to win!
Go Pats lets get right and get back to the winning way!