Why Didn't BB Sign a Better 3rd WR?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from David233. Show David233's posts

Why Didn't BB Sign a Better 3rd WR?

After Galloway was released, why didn't BB sign or trade for a decent third WR?  Sam Aiken is on the team for his special teams play and not for his WR play.  Isiah Stanback hasn't shown anything, and Tate is a rookie who missed the first portion of the season.  Edelman is also a rookie.

Wasn't there any better options out there?  I mean Reche Caldwell is a better 3rd WR option than Sam Aiken.  IMO, our lack of a possession 3rd WR has really hurt the Pats offense.  Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Why Didn't BB Sign a Better 3rd WR?

Who would you have him trade for or sign?

Caldwell was last in the league in 2007 and wasn't good enough when he was here. Two years of not playing likely didn't make him better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

When you have Randy Moss and Wes Welker on your team why do you need a third?

No one can predict injury. Now Brady will have to look at his other options more.

I read on some other post a few days ago why doesn't Brady dink and dunk any more? Well now he may have to do that again.

Running backs Taylor, Morris and Faulk need to step up as do Tight ends Watson and Baker. Then throw deep to Moss to keep the defense honest.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

As soon as Gaffney moved on, it was obvious (to me) that the Pats would incur problems on offense, unless they picked up another WR.  Most likely, the Pats put too much faith in people like Galloway...much the same way the Sox counted on Penny and Smoltz.  Too bad Paul Byrd didn't play WR.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

@ digger,

if you dont have a decent third receiver, moss and welker are less effective (especially moss)... that being said i disagree with david, i think aiken is a capable 3rd option.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Because there was none?

The Pats can go after 

Vincent Jackson
    Floyd
    Kevin Walter
    OR 
    Draft one of the great WRs in the draft.

This is like asking why dont the pats go out and sign a better OLB? There is none....?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

We have a dangerous duo and strong backups. Wes is down, Jules will step up. We will come over, and a 3rd WR, is the least of our problems now, let's focus on the game happening in a couple of hours.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

The Patriots playbook is like two phonebooks stacked together. New players have to spend entire offseasons learning it and still sometimes struggle (Chad Jackson and most recently Galloway). What makes anyone think someone could just come off the street and learn the plays and be productive?

That said, holy crap, give Edelman a chance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In hindsight, I'm sure that BB would have been more proactive in trying to resign this guy: 

No question that the Patriots have badly missed Jabar Gaffney. Like Deion Branch before him, he had a great rapport with Tom Brady.

As I stated pretty much from day one, signing and depending on the 55 year old Galloway was a major mistake...as was trading a pair of 5th rounders for Greg Lewis, and TE Alex Smith.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Maybe it's me but catching a ball seems like the easiest task on Offense...even easier when your the third option.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Too true, Tex. For all of BB's genius, he is not top-notch at picking offensive skill players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from uknepatsfan. Show uknepatsfan's posts

Give Edelman and Aitken a chance already.

Besides which, it is Tom Brady throwing to them. The Ravens are likely to blitz a lot today too, which should give us plenty of 1 on 1 matchups. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Wow you should be a GM, Im surprised no-one was talking about this ALL YEAR! And Im sorry capt. obvi but at least make a decent effort to answer your own q's. Man some people are just richards. Its actually that hard at all, you could have said something like trade or wait for F/A to go after Walter, Breaston, or Jackson. Or maybe go after The Beast in a couple months. My 11 yr old nephew could have done a better job.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Probably the same reason he let Gaffney go and all the veteran leadership on D at the sametime - he appears to have lost the plot