Why do you think the dropping of Hank Williams Jr From MNF is good?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Why do you think the dropping of Hank Williams Jr From MNF is good?

So just post. No need to comment unless is has to do with how this relates to the Pats v Jets

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

Re: Why do you think the dropping of Hank Williams Jr From MNF is good?

This poll makes you worse than Hank Jr.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Sorry, I forget who- Either prairie or Chrisakawoody, just NAILED this...  After HOW many seasons of hearing this song over and Over and OVER...well, for me at least- It's like that "Swisher Broom Commercial song" "What About Love"...And not Heart's original low alto darker female voice version...they use, some sorta that annoying 16 year old girl in every HS's drama/music program's, high-pitched girly screaming whine (but now, there's a chorus of them, and it jumps up 10 decibels on your TV).  

There...that same annoyance, was roughly equivalent to what Hank's song was bordering on...  Hank shoulda kept his mouth shut, b/c really- That song was teetering on the brink already.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

It wasn't. It's a good song for Monday night and a tradition. I guess I need to start a poll on why it will be good for the country to have Odummy as a one term President. Now lets stick to football.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I gor tired of that song. Time for something new, similar to Faith Hill om NBC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Re: Why do you think the dropping of Hank Williams Jr From MNF is good?:
    [QUOTE]This poll makes you worse than Hank Jr.
    Posted by Runer[/QUOTE]

Something worse than Hank Williams Jr? Why that is impossible! It would be like repealing the laws of gravity. So unless you believe that gravity is just "another" scam foisted upon us by scientists your comment is meaningless.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Re: Why do you think the dropping of Hank Williams Jr From MNF is good?:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, I forget who- Either prairie or Chrisakawoody, just NAILED this...  After HOW many seasons of hearing this song over and Over and OVER...well, for me at least- It's like that "Swisher Broom Commercial song" "What About Love"...And not Heart's original low alto darker female voice version...they use, some sorta that annoying 16 year old girl in every HS's drama/music program's, high-pitched girly screaming whine (but now, there's a chorus of them, and it jumps up 10 decibels on your TV).   There...that same annoyance, was roughly equivalent to what Hank's song was bordering on...  Hank shoulda kept his mouth shut, b/c really- That song was teetering on the brink already.  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Yes! You nailed this one....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Personally, my favorite was Pink on Sunday Night Football. The line, "Don't need a ticket, all you need's a TV" always made me chuckle . . .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I hate most country music and I especially hate that song.  It wore out it's welcome a loooooooong time ago.  It's even more annoying than the broadcasters (Jaws, Chuckie and Tirico).  That's saying something.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I like the original song. I understand many people are tired of it but I wouldn't choose the songs I like based off the politics of the people that sing them. The question is what's replacing it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

How about Roseanne Barr?   I heard that she has some signature pipes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

I'm sure everyone either changes the channel,mutes the tv or go to the fridge to get a beer when this stupid song comes on. Does anyone really care if there is a Monday night football song or not??  I think its good if the song is dropped b/c no one has to hear that mess anymore...the bad thing is they will have some stupid new song by some rapper or some pop chick singing another horrible MNF song! DO AWAY WITH THE SONG FOREVER...Hank nailed it on the head with what he said about Obama...LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Never really cared for the song but the reaction to his statement shows that free speech is only defended until someone puts down a liberal. Obama and Hitler is a fair analogy both are trying to wipe the jewish people off the planet Obama is just more subtle about it. Worst president ever.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

I just wish the chick from Sunday Night football woudl get dropped too

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]I just wish the chick from Sunday Night football woudl get dropped too
    Posted by mikec645[/QUOTE]
    Elton John questions your manhood

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

No. Drop Costas et.al

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brady-is-clutch. Show brady-is-clutch's posts

i like the song, it has been a tradition to MNF, all the way back when it used to be on ABC at 9pm, it would be nice if hank would do some different lyrics week to week (like the 2 teams playing) kinda like the college game day song, coming to your city, they change it up year to year, maybe we need some attitude music like papa roach or some hollywood undead or something similar to those bands, maybe kid rock, im old school so i will always appreciate "are you ready for some football, a monday night party"

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Rusty, I think they turned Faith Hill's body into a cartoon . . . look closely at those legs next Sunday.  They aren't real, I don't think.  Or they are at least so doctored up that they don't look like real legs anymore. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, they're real. And they're spectacular. heh
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Oh, they definitely used to be!  But look at the intro Monday.  It freaked me out.  I even asked my wife . . "Are those fake."  And she said, "Yes . . . she must not be aging well."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

they (the legs) look pretty darn real to me

Faith Hill Tickets

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Nice looking young lady, that . . . . but still, they did something weird with her in that SNF intro.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mclseek. Show mclseek's posts

Back when it was a rowdy and got the crowd moving (say 5 or more years ago) it was fun. Of course after numerous iterations it has morphed into CGI, gadeget with flahses, noise, dancers and who knows what was next... yodeling? At any rate, it was enough to invoke seizures.  I say good riddance to the twisted garbage the video product had become.

As for Hank, whoever said he was a good singer anyway?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

This is football.  Any ignorant Bush-Bashing or Obama-trashing belongs elsewhere.  As for Hank . . . he's got a very creepy beard.  For that alone he should be relegated to late night open access cable tv.  (Halfway kidding there.)  But for a league that strives to be relevant and growth-oriented . . . Um, they could do better.
    Let's hope there is a change for the better.  Heck, even John Madden attempting to rap would be an upgrade.