Why does bad officiating seem to follow the Pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Why does bad officiating seem to follow the Pats?

Strangely enough I think it is because they are fundamentally disciplined and almost always commit fewer infractions than the team they are playing. The average low IQ fan (and announcer) expects to see an even number of calls to both teams not realizing some teams simply commit many more penalties than others....thus the "NE gets special treatment" myth is born.

Combine this with NE's success and what you get is tons of fan complaints to the league office from the legion of haters, and many officials who start trying to "even things up". Once an official starts down that road they are useless because they no longer reflexively just call what they see, they process calls through their higher mind that is trying to keep it even. When you get an imbalance of games actually decided by these bad calls it even makes it worse as they try to correct past blunders.

Thus..NE gets very contrived and awkward officiating.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Re: Why does bad officiating seem to follow the Pats?

Yeah the announcers made a big deal out of the Edleman PI.  He was clearly pushed and was close enough to have made a grab for the ball. Both announcers were saying there was no PI.

They started the game though talking about how the Ravens DB's held more than any team in the league. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Welcome to the new NFL... Bad officiating is now a norm.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I found the whole uproar over the replacement Refs funny since The non-replacements were and still are just as bad.  The only way to remove the Bull Chit is to make a lot more plays reviewable and have a ref in the booth reviewing them real time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I think that human nature dictates that all teams' fans think the refs miss calls in the opponents' favor.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think that human nature dictates that all teams' fans think the refs miss calls in the opponents' favor.  

[/QUOTE]

Forget opponents favor... the entire game for both teams was poorly officiated.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I actually thought the worst call was the Pats punter flopping like an Argentinan soccer player. It was the only embarrasing moment in an otherwise monster win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I actually thought the worst call was the Pats punter flopping like an Argentinan soccer player. It was the only embarrasing moment in an otherwise monster win.

[/QUOTE]

Got a 7.5 from the Russian judge.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to melwitts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't call that flopping...or bad acting...I call that taking initiative

[/QUOTE]

Good counter argument but he needs to sell it better. I was slightly embarrased at the bar seeing the Pats get the call.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Getting called a troll by the biggest troll on the board. What an honor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't call that flopping...or bad acting...I call that taking initiative

[/QUOTE]

Good counter argument but he needs to sell it better. I was slightly embarrased at the bar seeing the Pats get the call.

[/QUOTE]

Heck...next time I'll tell him to grab his knee...that's good these days...

[/QUOTE]

Is the picture above a fake injury? Garcon is a flopper but who is that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Actually I thought Baltimore would go crazy It seemed we were getting most of the close calls that usually go against us when we are getting stiffed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Laughable.  You and your little board tools are done here and for good.

All about Brady and how he wants to run this offense. Brady.

I saw 4 or 5 calls in a row against our D as Goodell tried to get Baltimore back into it and you want to point to a legit roughing of the kicker call?

Go away.

[/QUOTE]

I will not let your lack of self esteem and inept social skills ruin my enjoyment of this great win. Please refrain from your constant whining. My 3 year old child cries less than you, good grief.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

The National Advertising League wants to keep games close so fans keep watching - and keep watching ads - the league's money machine.  The economy is flat and, with DVRs widespread and the internet replacing tv, businesses rightfully question their tv ad spending.  If the outcome of the game is in doubt then not only does the live audience watch all the ads right to the end of the game, but also next day dvr is a poor substitute for the suspense.

When in doubt follow the money.

The League owners must be going out of their minds with no playoff teams from these major tv markets...

NY

LA

Houston

Atlanta

Florida

Washington DC

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Laughable.  You and your little board tools are done here and for good.

All about Brady and how he wants to run this offense. Brady.

I saw 4 or 5 calls in a row against our D as Goodell tried to get Baltimore back into it and you want to point to a legit roughing of the kicker call?

Go away.

[/QUOTE]

I will not let your lack of self esteem and inept social skills ruin my enjoyment of this great win. Please refrain from your constant whining. My 3 year old child cries less than you, good grief.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

Lack of social skills?  Priceless!  I am the one talking about the Millennials not having that, yet you claim I don't have any? LOL!

It was a GREAT win I called to the T.

Go away, like I said. Pats fans, Boston fans in general are not into bandwagoners.

[/QUOTE]

Then why are you here? Did you notice the Pats would have won today without scoring 20 points.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They started the game though talking about how the Ravens DB's held more than any team in the league. 

[/QUOTE]

The announcers stated that BB had complained about it during the week. It may have been the result of last weeks loss & Miami getting away with a lot of holding. You can't seperate from a defender when he has a hand full of jersey.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And people were so critical of the replacement refs

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Yeah, I cringed at that call also.  If it was the Ravens receiving that call we would now be discussing what a horrible call it was.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to expertmike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The National Advertising League wants to keep games close so fans keep watching - and keep watching ads - the league's money machine.  The economy is flat and, with DVRs widespread and the internet replacing tv, businesses rightfully question their tv ad spending.  If the outcome of the game is in doubt then not only does the live audience watch all the ads right to the end of the game, but also next day dvr is a poor substitute for the suspense.

When in doubt follow the money.

The League owners must be going out of their minds with no playoff teams from these major tv markets...

NY

LA

Houston

Atlanta

Florida

Washington DC

[/QUOTE]

Plausible. So many in the marketing industry are not above something like that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And people were so critical of the replacement refs

[/QUOTE]

What's it like in Seattle tonight. That was a shocking loss today. Every team has flaws but i did not see this one coming. They got a tough one next week also. Without homefield advantage i do not see Seattle going to the super bowl.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

That flag pickup on the defensive hold that Harbaugh was screaming WHERE when watching replay was good - I hate BS calls even if help team Im rooting for. Refs got that one right - I only wish they picked up more flags on questionable calls!