Why hasn't the media gone after Ben Roethlisberger they way they went after Tiger Woods

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Why hasn't the media gone after Ben Roethlisberger they way they went after Tiger Woods

Just curious, but why hasn't the media gone after Ben Roethlisberger they way they went after Tiger Woods?  If they went after Ben with the same vigor as they did Tiger, I have no doubt that other women would come forward.

It just seems strange that the media hounds a guy for having consentual sex with other women but they leave a guy that forces himself on other women alone.  Yeah, Ben hasn't been found guilty of assault - yet, but no one can claim that his behavior was at best, extremely boorish.  And even if it were consentual, which I don't think it was, walking around a bar with it sticking out of your pants is fairly high up on the rude meter.

The media did the same thing with Kobe Bryant.  The guy forces himself on a woman (who, granted, was willing to engage in conventional sex but wasn't into back door action) and now he's the NBA poster child.

I don't get it.  Is it that Tiger's women were willing to post steamy photographs of themselves were as BR's victims want to retain their identity?

If you have consentual sex, they you are fair game, but if you sexually assault women, the media leaves you alone?

What are the chances that whenever the Steelers are on the road, the crowd starts chanting, "no means no"?

I bet that if the media looked hard eoungh, they would find other instances of Ben's boorishness.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: Why hasn't the media gone after Ben Roethlisberger they way they went after Tiger Woods

1) Ben is not the single greatest player in the sport.

2) Ben is not married.

3) unlike the Tiger story, ben's story has 2 allegations that won't talk....Tiger has many juicy stories.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Re: Why hasn't the media gone after Ben Roethlisberger they way they went after Tiger Woods

And he's white

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I don't remember Ben Roethlisberger ever trying to sell me anything -- least of all a fake image. These guys are both human waste walking around (in my opinion), but Tiger is presented as a bigger dirtbag because Tiger wants to come into your living room and sell you a Buick, whether you care anything about golf or not. If you don't watch the NFL, you've probably never even heard of Ben Roethlisberger.

oh . . .    and he's white.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Why hasn't the media gone after Ben Roethlisberger they way they went after Tiger Woods:
    And he's white
    Posted by datdude401

I hate when someone brings the race card into a situation that doesn't call for it. I think m1 nailed it with point #1 and #3. Lets face it Tiger Woods is the bigger on the 2 stars so it makes for bigger and flashier headlines. Then add on top of that the amount of women coming out to give stories almost makes the articles write themselves. With Ben the writters have to dig for even the smallest information and it makes it harder to write the articles so you tend to get a lot less of them. Frankly I don't like what Tiger did and saying you're a "sexaholic" is a cop out that only the rich and powerful can afford to claim, and the stupid and nieve believe. However, Tiger didn't break any laws so it's up to his wife what she wants to do (and yes I think less of him but don't hate him). Ben on the other hand assualted and raped women. I hate him with a passion and hope he gets sent to jail where he gets the same back from the other criminals. I wish Ben was the bigger news but Tiger is just flashy healines.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Worthlessberger has been ripped but not to the same extent.
    The reasons for this is; #1 nobody cares about him outside of Pittsburgh and
    Tiger Woods was the most popular and Marketable athlete in the world.
    #2..Tiger Woods ran and hid which is the worst thing you can do to the media.
    If Woods has a Press conference a few days after the Incident and admits to "EVERY" affair and says he's sorry and seeking help for this "DISEASE" they would have let up quite a bit. After he did that a few weeks ago that pretty much ended it except for the Parasites that are still trying to squeeze a few bucks out of him.

You have to remember the media likes Tabloid material and dirt on Tiger Woods is off the charts in that department.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

The media picks and chooses.  Roethlisberger should be the last straw in the NFL's conduct policy.

plus the media made a big deal out of tiger cause he tagged about 15 women, and they were all white.

wonder if the PGA will start a personal conduct policy now?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Simple:

1. Tiger Woods is 10 times more famous than Ben Roethlisberger

2. Roethlisberger has always had the reputation of being somewhat of a creep, while Tiger's image (and all his endorsements) were built on his clean, family image, including his wife and kids.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Why hasn't the media gone after Ben Roethlisberger they way they went after Tiger Woods:
    Just curious, but why hasn't the media gone after Ben Roethlisberger they way they went after Tiger Woods?  If they went after Ben with the same vigor as they did Tiger, I have no doubt that other women would come forward. It just seems strange that the media hounds a guy for having consentual sex with other women but they leave a guy that forces himself on other women alone.  Yeah, Ben hasn't been found guilty of assault - yet, but no one can claim that his behavior was at best, extremely boorish.  And even if it were consentual, which I don't think it was, walking around a bar with it sticking out of your pants is fairly high up on the rude meter. The media did the same thing with Kobe Bryant.  The guy forces himself on a woman (who, granted, was willing to engage in conventional sex but wasn't into back door action) and now he's the NBA poster child. I don't get it.  Is it that Tiger's women were willing to post steamy photographs of themselves were as BR's victims want to retain their identity? If you have consentual sex, they you are fair game, but if you sexually assault women, the media leaves you alone? What are the chances that whenever the Steelers are on the road, the crowd starts chanting, "no means no"? I bet that if the media looked hard eoungh, they would find other instances of Ben's boorishness.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

Don't know if you even turn your radio on, but I travel the country and I'm hearing it everywhere I go.  But, with that being saisd, you named the culprit: TIGER WOODS himself.  He's stolen the thunder out of this story a little.  His CBS interview, his "mea culpa" disertation to the media, all the speculation of when he would play again (as if any person who can ID a golf ball didn't know that he'd play in The Masters), and then Masters Week. (Did yoyu know that a gyuy named Phil won the Masters? All I heard before who won was that Tiger finished 4th. Cripes! he's even got his own scroll heading on ESPN!

Now, it's the upcoming draft that's taking some of the limelight. Fear not! e'll get his nominal suspension handed to him. Then, we'll all be debating was it stiff enough (please pardon the pun), NOT what he did.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Why hasn't the media gone after Ben Roethlisberger they way they went after Tiger Woods:

And he's white
    Posted by datdude401

Typical, coming from a racist. Time to get over yourself, dude.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

I feel Roethlisberger should be suspended 8 games this year, and the next misstep, no matter how small, should be an indefinite suspension.

Perhaps the media will come down on him after more details come forth or discipline is enacted.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

And he's white
    Posted by datdude401

Would you feel better is Ben went into this club with 50 members of his posse and bags of small bills, throwing it all over the place, a la Packman (he's black, ya know; black bad boys do that). Think it would have been a fitting touch and a nice cap to teh evening if, when leaving the place, someone in Ben's posse shot and crippled a bouncer?  Would that break down teh color barriers for ya?

Morons like you simply amaze me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

He gets a pass because he damaged his brain in the motorcycle accident and can no longer make sound decisions, AND HE'S WHITE

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oliver18. Show oliver18's posts

Mike Tomlin: I always wondered why they were called roofies, 'cause you're more likely to end up on the floor than the roof. They should call 'em floories.
    Roger Goodell: Or rapies

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Roethlisberger is guilty until proven innocent, and it's about time every media outlet in the country came out and said he did it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Why hasn't the media gone after Ben Roethlisberger they way they went after Tiger Woods : I hate when someone brings the race card into a situation that doesn't call for it. I think m1 nailed it with point #1 and #3. Lets face it Tiger Woods is the bigger on the 2 stars so it makes for bigger and flashier headlines. Then add on top of that the amount of women coming out to give stories almost makes the articles write themselves. With Ben the writters have to dig for even the smallest information and it makes it harder to write the articles so you tend to get a lot less of them. Frankly I don't like what Tiger did and saying you're a "sexaholic" is a cop out that only the rich and powerful can afford to claim, and the stupid and nieve believe. However, Tiger didn't break any laws so it's up to his wife what she wants to do (and yes I think less of him but don't hate him). Ben on the other hand assualted and raped women. I hate him with a passion and hope he gets sent to jail where he gets the same back from the other criminals. I wish Ben was the bigger news but Tiger is just flashy healines.
    Posted by PatsEng

I wholeheartedly agree. I live in Atlanta and when the Michael Vick story hit the waves, the ignorant morons around here had the nerve to say "If Tom Brady or Peyton Manning were dogfighting, it wouldn't be such a big deal." Right. Am I naive enough to think that racism and sexism don't exist and we live in a perfectly equal world? Hell no but at the same time, I find it offensive when halfass people put in 50% of the work and effort and expect 100% of the results. Ultimately, in this country you get what you worked for. To think Ben "got away" because he was white is a complete joke. Stay in school, kids.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

In Response to Re: Why hasn't the media gone after Ben Roethlisberger they way they went after Tiger Woods : Typical, coming from a racist. Time to get over yourself, dude.
    Posted by AZPAT

Nice try. I call it like I see it. Since you wanna use Tiger as an example. If Tiger raped a girl in a dirty bathroom, w/ off duty cops as his roadies and prohibiting her friends from getting to her,  his azz would still be in Georgia sitting in a cell. Who are you, kidding? And as for being a racist, I guess if I would be if I were Black, Hispanic or Asian you MORON!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Mike Tomlin : I always wondered why they were called roofies, 'cause you're more likely to end up on the floor than the roof. They should call 'em floories. Roger Goodell : Or rapies
    Posted by oliver18

ROTFLMAO!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

Simple, Woods had this wholesome, family guy image. The media likes nothing more when they find dirt on a wimpy "Mr. Perfect Nice Guy".

Roethlisberger has always had the bad boy, "I willing to take extreme risks and I don't care what you think" personality. A 6'5+ and at least 270 lbs (there is no way that dude only weights the 241 the Steelers list him at) he can get way with it. I really don't think he even cares what people think of him off the field. I'll bet anything that the female groupies that follow him around want to sleep with him even more now due to this latest "bad boy" event. Probably explains why he has very few product endorsements, but I don't think he even cares. He is just not a tempting media target like Woods is. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

This comparison is like comparing the assassination of Kennedy to some drug dealer being shot in the street of Detroit.  Completely different circumstances and implications on society.

There really is no comparison between the two.  Ben Roethlistberger is a famous athlete.  Tiger Woods is a cultural icon (as ridiculous as that is).  I'd bet that 99% of Americans knew who Tiger Woods was before his scandal broke out, and most of them knew about his family image. 

Only football fans know who Roethlisberger is, and they already knew that Roethlisberger was a goon from his motorcycle accident and previous accusations of sexual assault. 

The circumstances and background of these two stories could not be more different.  Bringing up the race card in this particular case is dumb and just ignorant.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

Nothing to do with white or black it's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

People want to watch Tiger and hear details about it on TV radio internet and buy mags and rating$$

No one gives a 5hit about rottenburges rapist life.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Ben admitted no wrong, Tiger did. Pretty simple, if you admit you are guilty, you are an easier target.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I don't think race played a huge part in this, but I have to agree that I would suspect that Tiger doing the same things as Ben would have landed him in jail w/o bail in the South.  Let's not forget how Kobe was hardly touched yet Wade Boggs for dragged through his own mud for months.

I give more creedance to the angle that Tiger had the bigger, more sensational story because of his much greater fame and because of how the scandal so contrasted with his meticulously crafted image. Add to it that Tiger is reverred almost like a walking diety and it makes an even better story - humans have loved stories of frailty in their leaders since stories were first told.

All aside, IMO Ben is a serial rapist and his guards are accomplices.  He should be heavliy suspended so that it hopefully leads to him being booted from the NFL after his next scandal, which we all expect is going to happen. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Tiger is a d0uche, Rapistberger is too. I'm glad I was never a fan of either, it just makes loathing them the better. 

Tiger was attacked because he came out with a persnickety attitude like the Media did something wrong for doing their job and reporting NEWS. He is a sleaze ball and a lair, plus, Tiger looks like a beaver. Most of the women I saw that had an affair with him, including his wife, were smoking hot. Admit it, every time you see a smoking hottie with a clown you say "What's she doing with him". People love to indulge in other people's sex lives, while rape is something that anyone wants to hear, see, or talk about, unless it's male-on-male rape in jail, then it becomes comedy.

Roethlisberger is a freak, he raped, but he is also the QB for the NFL's new "America's team" -- The Steelers. Big Ben has been a media darling for years. When the media mentions this clown as one of the GQBOAT, you know he's loved. 

Tiger = A-hole who tries to market Golf as a "Professional sport".

Rapistberger = A-hole who goes around raping -- although, I don't believe he raped the first girl. I believe he raped the second one because she, unlike the first girl, filed a Police report as soon as possible. The other woman waited until she could get him in a civil suit so she could make some money of him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I didn't even read the posts but here are the two issues and really the only two issues that matter in this case...

#1 Ben is no Tiger, Tiger is known around the world Ben is known in the US.

#2. Ben has never tried to pretend to be anything he isn't, Tiger has pretended his whole career to be a cleaner then clean Buddist.

CASE CLOSED

They both are slime balls!