Why have Titan's players quit Fisher?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Why have Titan's players quit Fisher?

Writers are saying that this loss was more about the Titans quitting than the Pats clobbering.  Based on the performace of their DBs, I can see why, while not taking anything away for the Pats.

Why?

Is it that the team is cheap with its players?

Is it that there is a cut-throat side of the allegedly pious Fisher that has recently come to light in the David Givens lawsuit that has rubbed the players the wrong way? ("Would he do that to me, too?")

Is it the region's depressing culture of racism (reportedly about the worst in the naton), as some minority players have claimed in the past, that takes away their desire to perform for a base of fans that probably wouldn't hire them to paint the house?

Is it the years of mediocrity, broken promises of "this year," every year?

Or something else?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: Why have Titan's players quit Fisher?

Prairiemike won't like that you posted this.  I actually made a similar comment yesterday in the game thread only to be told that I might or might not be an idiot, but that may take was, because every team plays every week and every team takes a beating. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Why have Titan's players quit Fisher?:
    [QUOTE]Prairiemike won't like that you posted this.  I actually made a similar comment yesterday in the game thread only to be told that I might or might not be an idiot, but that may take was, because every team plays every week and every team takes a beating.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE] 

Did you suggest they quit the coach, generally, or for a specifc reason(s)?

I have a friend that lives near there, in Bowling Green (next state, same culture) and the people and the way they think, as he has described, would be hard to ignore for a proud, accomplished, professional minority man who grew up in Florida or CA or Chicago or just about any place else, where the racism is present, but not nearly so ominipresent, pronounced and proactive (though we know there are lots of great people living in the region, as well).  Titans players have said as much.

Maybe the quitting is for a composite of all the afformentioned reasons and more.

Re. the Given's aspect, BB made a mistake of forcing Ted Johnson to practice and play with a concusssion because he thought a player was hurt too much and questioned his toughness (big mistake, TJ gave it all, every play, then suffered permanent brain damage trying to save his spot). But BB didn't keep the inury a secret from TJ, as wrong as he was.  If I am palayer, I am ticked by what BB did, but incindiary about what Fisher did. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I don't think the team quit on Fisher as much as they've quit on themselves.  By the time they went in for the half it was all but assured they would be 0-6 which nearly eliminates them from playoff contention in the AFC.  If you're playing on that team you don't even want to go out for the second half.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think the team quit on Fisher as much as they've quit on themselves.  By the time they went in for the half it was all but assured they would be 0-6 which nearly eliminates them from playoff contention in the AFC.  If you're playing on that team you don't even want to go out for the second half.
    Posted by SonnyCorlione[/QUOTE]

Good point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Woody - I suggested that the beatings they took over the previous 5 games had fully taken a toll on their will.  Take those ingredients and combine them with a team (the pats) who had something to prove and the wherewithall to prove it and you have the recipie for a beatdown the likes of which have not been seen in the NFL in decades. 

As for your comments about the region, I would think Bowling Green might be worse for minorities than Nashville.  I generally think that way about any smaller city vs. a larger city.  But I don't know if you can attribute such a thing to the play of the team. 

Your take about Givens is interesting.  Didn't that come out this last summer?  If so, there could be some players that might not be willing to "play" for Fisher.  Even if we don't know all of the facts, what's been put out there so far might be enough for a player on a losing team to "pack it in".  I don't know. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

This goes way past yesterday's game. You're talking about a team that was a power last season and considered a SB contender that surprised everyone with their early exit It's been all down hill since then.

As for underdog's usual anti Pats whining....Brady and the Pats play was great not because of who they played and the final score but because Brady was hitting all the passes he'd been missing all season. Underdog and his fellow trolls are worried that Brady may be getting his mechanics and confidence back together and they fear what that may mean for their own teams later in the season and the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Evil - I think you have me all wrong here (no big surprise there).  I take nothing away from the pats.  Yesterday I said that regardless of the receivers being wide open and Brady having enough time to get a tan (even in that weather), he hit nearly every throw, long and short.  The long ones were impressive.  In fact, I went on to say, that when given time, I am not sure there is another player in the NFL that throws a better long ball than Brady. 

As for fear, I don't know about that.  I have never disrespected the pats talent or ability.  I said well before the season started that it might take Brady 4 games to get back, but I never said he wouldn't be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

We beat a bad team and it is in our interest (2nd round pick) that they can continue to play poorly.

I also want Brady to be at the top of his game when we face the Colts at the RCA TrackDome. And I hate HATE all these what if such and such happens in Buffalo or against Baltimore....who cares we won.....and the Patriots are getting better...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]Evil - I think you have me all wrong here (no big surprise there).  I take nothing away from the pats.  Yesterday I said that regardless of the receivers being wide open and Brady having enough time to get a tan (even in that weather), he hit nearly every throw, long and short.  The long ones were impressive.  In fact, I went on to say, that when given time, I am not sure there is another player in the NFL that throws a better long ball than Brady.  As for fear, I don't know about that.  I have never disrespected the pats talent or ability.  I said well before the season started that it might take Brady 4 games to get back, but I never said he wouldn't be.

Always the silly little insult. The very fact that you feel the need to post here just proves what a loser you are.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Hannah,

Indy is no longer a "trackdome".  First, the colts have been playing on field turf (same as the pats, i think) since 2005 or 2006.  Additionally, last year they moved into new digs and the RCA dome is demolished. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why have Titan's players quit Fisher? : Always the silly little insult. The very fact that you feel the need to post here just proves what a loser you are.
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]
    Of all things you are commenting on my insult??  Why do you think all insults where I am concerned are reserved only for your use?  And please do assume to think you know what I do or do not need.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]Evil - I think you have me all wrong here (no big surprise there).  I take nothing away from the pats.  Yesterday I said that regardless of the receivers being wide open and Brady having enough time to get a tan (even in that weather), he hit nearly every throw, long and short.  The long ones were impressive.  In fact, I went on to say, that when given time, I am not sure there is another player in the NFL that throws a better long ball than Brady.  As for fear, I don't know about that.  I have never disrespected the pats talent or ability.  I said well before the season started that it might take Brady 4 games to get back, but I never said he wouldn't be.

Yeah, I recall your take on Brady.   I thought it would be a lost season and he likley would come back next season, no guarantee.  Still alot of games, but looks like you were right and I was wrong. And I don;t think you were taking anything away form the Pats in this game.

I can see what you say about urban vs., rural.  I see much more accute racism in Aurora that in Chicago.  Still, I've read the Titans' players don't like/respect a large contingent of the local populace, what with various run-ins off-the-clock.  Reminds me of the situation for the minority players for the Boston teams for much of the previous century.  Bill Russell used it for fuel.  Others gave up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]Hannah, Indy is no longer a "trackdome".  First, the colts have been playing on field turf (same as the pats, i think) since 2005 or 2006.  Additionally, last year they moved into new digs and the RCA dome is demolished. 

That looks like an amazing facility.  Is it as cool up close as on TV?

Despite yesterday, I have concerns about playing the Colts.  They also have something to prove - that they can win post-Dungy.

A friend thought it would have been better to have Pats/Colts in England, instead of Pats/Bucs.  This way we could show the Brits a top contest and also finally see who would win w/o home field in a fairly split rivalry.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]Prairiemike won't like that you posted this.  I actually made a similar comment yesterday in the game thread only to be told that I might or might not be an idiot, but that may take was, because every team plays every week and every team takes a beating. 

Actually, what you said was Peyton Manning had something to with the Pats blowout yesterday, insinuating some crazy notion that the Colts were so bad@ss that  they had "softened up" the Titans for the Pats. You never said anything about the players quitting on Fisher, and coming in here today trying to make yourself feel better after zbellino and I handed you your @ss yesterday is just another quintessential pathetic underdogg troll maneuver.

When I pointed out the intrinsic idiocy in this statement, you began backpedaling furiously the way you always do and ended up saying something generic like "the games that go before have an impact on teams.
    "
    Which is exactly what I said when you said that Peyton Manning helped the Pats beat the Titans. No team is any more "softened up" than any other from week to week. The Titans quit yesterday -- that's true. But it wasn't because they have had to play Bitchburgh or Green New Jersey or the Colts -- it was because the New England Patriots were kicking their heads in worse than all the other teams that have kicked their heads in this season, and it was cold and wet outside and they wanted their mommies.

Your take was weak yesterday and it's weak today and the more you try to twist it around to force it to make sense when it doesn't just makes you look not only stupid but petulant.

Now why don't you go see if you can find some traffic to play in.

I'm beginning to weary of you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why have Titan's players quit Fisher? : Actually, what you said was Peyton Manning had something to with the Pats blowout yesterday, insinuating some crazy notion that the Colts were so bad@ss that  they had "softened up" the Titans for the Pats. You never said anything about the players quitting on Fisher, and coming in here today trying to make yourself feel better after zbellino and I handed you your @ss yesterday is just another quintessential pathetic underdogg troll maneuver. When I pointed out the intrinsic idiocy in this statement, you began backpedaling furiously the way you always do and ended up saying something generic like "the games that go before have an impact on teams. " Which is exactly what I said when you said that Peyton Manning helped the Pats beat the Titans. No team is any more "softened up" than any other from week to week. The Titans quit yesterday -- that's true. But it wasn't because they have had to play Bitchburgh or Green New Jersey or the Colts -- it was because the New England Patriots were kicking their heads in worse than all the other teams that have kicked their heads in this season, and it was cold and wet outside and they wanted their mommies. Your take was weak yesterday and it's weak today and the more you try to twist it around to force it to make sense when it doesn't just makes you look not only stupid but petulant. Now why don't you go see if you can find some traffic to play in. I'm beginning to weary of you.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Ah Prairiemike, Underdogg can't help it........he's been sniffing too much glue while reading the bleacher report tell him over and over that Manning is Zeus even when the facts say otherwise

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

You know what, qball?

I actually enjoy fencing with underdogg.

He has rightly pointed out that he takes more abuse than anyone else in here because he is the only dissenting voice who can actually be considered a regular.

Trolls for the opposition come and go -- and Leon is another entity entirely -- but underdogg comes in here with his weak game and takes it in the mouth week after week (and even in the off-season, which is more than I can say for some of you). So, as much as I like to beat underdogg about the head and ears with whatever is handy, he does get credit for standing behind the retarded things he says -- no matter how much logic some of us throw at him.

I'll be the first to admit, I don't understand why he likes to hang out in enemy territory -- maybe the lure of the debate is simply too strong -- but if you've ever seen the movie "Cool Hand Luke," particularly the scene where George Kennedy beats Paul Newman's head in and then marvels at how he kept coming back "with nothing," maybe that will help you understand underdogg.

Heaven knows, I don't.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why have Titan's players quit Fisher? : Actually, what you said was Peyton Manning had something to with the Pats blowout yesterday, insinuating some crazy notion that the Colts were so bad@ss that  they had "softened up" the Titans for the Pats. You never said anything about the players quitting on Fisher, and coming in here today trying to make yourself feel better after zbellino and I handed you your @ss yesterday is just another quintessential pathetic underdogg troll maneuver. When I pointed out the intrinsic idiocy in this statement, you began backpedaling furiously the way you always do and ended up saying something generic like "the games that go before have an impact on teams. " Which is exactly what I said when you said that Peyton Manning helped the Pats beat the Titans. No team is any more "softened up" than any other from week to week. The Titans quit yesterday -- that's true. But it wasn't because they have had to play Bitchburgh or Green New Jersey or the Colts -- it was because the New England Patriots were kicking their heads in worse than all the other teams that have kicked their heads in this season, and it was cold and wet outside and they wanted their mommies. Your take was weak yesterday and it's weak today and the more you try to twist it around to force it to make sense when it doesn't just makes you look not only stupid but petulant. Now why don't you go see if you can find some traffic to play in. I'm beginning to weary of you.

Mike, I'm glad you came in here to correct the revisionist ramblings of underdogg.  I couldn't believe the BS I was reading, having read the thread yesterday. 

Udog, you weren't always this weak.  You need to stop trying to spin everything to support your agenda.  Most of your posts are about you defending yourself. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]... I'll be the first to admit, I don't understand why he likes to hang out in enemy territory -- maybe the lure of the debate is simply too strong -- but if you've ever seen the movie "Cool Hand Luke," particularly the scene where George Kennedy beats Paul Newman's head in and then marvels at how he kept coming back "with nothing," maybe that will help you understand underdogg. Heaven knows, I don't.

Love it.  Maybe you can convince him to eat 50 eggs, including the one that I hope he is wearing on his face after the next Colts/Pats meeting?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Actually what I said was that Manning was partially responsible, which meant that all of the losses leading up to your game weakened the titans will.  The colts were just one of five.  That's all I said.  If you think I insinuated something else, well thats your problem.  Maybe if you stopped thinking so highly of yourself you would stop assuming you know what other people are thinking.  And if you don't, feel free to ask.  

Oh by the way, if I recall correctly, you said yesterday that the weather was not a factor.  In fact, here are your words:

"the weather affects both teams and therefor never an aid in victory nor an excuse for defeat..." 

Damn you can display unwarranted arrogance for someone so clearly human. 

Woof Woof.  Good Night John Boy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I did say that about the weather, and it's true.

But that statement doesn't take into account the possiblility that one team may turn out to be composed of gutless maggots who roll over and play dead the minute adversity stares them in the face.

Beyond that, continuing to water down what you said -- and EXACTLY what you said -- and tried to defend -- is fresh in my mind and probably still posted for anyone who cares to look -- is only making my point for me.

I'm not interested in hearing you try to explain what you meant. I can read English, and more than that, I've spent enough time sparring with you (and watching you spar with others) to know that when you run into the wall, you like to play these little semantic games and project "insinuation"  and "assumption" onto those who make you look foolish.

Although actually I suppose it's not really necessary for anyone else to help you to look foolish. You do a fine job all by yourself. As for my arrogance, I suppose you bring out the worst in me. You may or may not know that I have some experience with spin. I'm actually government trained. Watching you back and fill and hem and haw and try to cover for the preposterous things you sometimes say is probably more amusing to me than it is to most people, because I used to make a living doing exactly that, and it is simply not in my character to let you get away with your flimsy "if you misinterpreted what I said, that's your problem" excuses.

You get points for gall and persistence, Shoeshine Boy.

But it's gonna take more than that to cover the spread in my house.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]I did say that about the weather, and it's true. But that statement doesn't take into account the possiblility that one team may turn out to be composed of gutless maggots who roll over and play dead the minute adversity stares them in the face. Beyond that, continuing to water down what you said -- and EXACTLY what you said -- and tried to defend -- is fresh in my mind and probably still posted for anyone who cares to look -- is only making my point for me. I'm not interested in hearing you try to explain what you meant. I can read English, and more than that, I've spent enough time sparring with you (and watching you spar with others) to know that when you run into the wall, you like to play these little semantic games and project "insinuation"  and "assumption" onto those who make you look foolish. Although actually I suppose it's not really necessary for anyone else to help you to look foolish. You do a fine job all by yourself. As for my arrogance, I suppose you bring out the worst in me. You may or may not know that I have some experience with spin. I'm actually government trained. Watching you back and fill and hem and haw and try to cover for the preposterous things you sometimes say is probably more amusing to me than it is to most people, because I used to make a living doing exactly that, and it is simply not in my character to let you get away with your flimsy "if you misinterpreted what I said, that's your problem" excuses. You get points for gall and persistence, Shoeshine Boy. But it's gonna take more than that to cover the spread in my house.

Then you are going to love Underoo's latest: He made a Top 10 list and put the Falcons above the Pats.  The guy is a contrarian jerk - or he works for the Globe to stir it up. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

In Response to Why have Titan's players quit Fisher?:
    [QUOTE]Writers are saying that this loss was more about the Titans quitting than the Pats clobbering.  Based on the performace of their DBs, I can see why, while not taking anything away for the Pats. Why? Is it that the team is cheap with its players? Is it that there is a cut-throat side of the allegedly pious Fisher that has recently come to light in the David Givens lawsuit that has rubbed the players the wrong way? ("Would he do that to me, too?") Is it the region's depressing culture of racism (reportedly about the worst in the naton), as some minority players have claimed in the past, that takes away their desire to perform for a base of fans that probably wouldn't hire them to paint the house? Is it the years of mediocrity, broken promises of "this year," every year? Or something else?
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

I think it 's testament ot he fine line of winning and losing in the NFL.  They ahd a couple of offseason changes, coupled with some tough early season losses and it has snowballed.  Then the defensive injuries on top of it.  They'll be back. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I did say that about the weather, and it's true.

But that statement doesn't take into account the possiblility that one team may turn out to be composed of gutless maggots who roll over and play dead the minute adversity stares them in the face.

Because their previous losses softened them up for you?  I see.  So if I question your comment, you may choose to clarify it, and that is ok.  But when I do it, its not.  Play fair mikey.

So why do you think the titans laid down?  was the fear struck in the eyes of all things titans when his majesty cheating bill belichick stepped on the field, because it clearly couldn't have had anything to do with their 5 losses over the last 5 weeks could it?  As I see it your guess is as good as mine, and whatever yours is, is no less idiotic, moronic, or preposterous than mine.  

It doesn't matter, the fact remains you are elaborating on your statement here as I did mine, but you find yours acceptable but mine not.  Spinsters are nothing if no hypocrites. 

Beyond that, continuing to water down what you said -- and EXACTLY what you said -- and tried to defend -- is fresh in my mind and probably still posted for anyone who cares to look -- is only making my point for me.

Here is EXACTLY some of what I said:

Manning is his last name.
    You can partially thank him for this tennessee performance.

then further:

Well at least you can admit your failures. 
    but honestly, you completely disagree with my take?  You can also thank the Jets and Jacksonville, Pitt and Houston.  If you do not think that the beatings the Titans have taken week after week don't have anything to with their performance this week, well then I think we can apply the idiotic homer comment to yours as well.

I don't know how this is watered down but if you thinking that makes you feel better then so be it.  

I'm not interested in hearing you try to explain what you meant. (too bad) I can read English, and more than that, I've spent enough time sparring with you (and watching you spar with others) to know that when you run into the wall, you like to play these little semantic games and project "insinuation"  and "assumption" onto those who make you look foolish.

What wall, the mikey wall of not liking my comment?  that wall?  It must be that you were simply p o'd at me for raining on your happy parade of pats victory.  Yes, you thought Tennessee stunk, but if you think my comment was fos then I can only think that you believe that the pats really are 59 points better than the titans and that 10 of 10 times the exact same result would occur except that you said they weren't.  So then why was my comment preposterous?  Is it because, as you said, "every team plays every week"?  By the way, what does that mean as it relates to my comment? 

Although actually I suppose it's not really necessary for anyone else to help you to look foolish. You do a fine job all by yourself. As for my arrogance, I suppose you bring out the worst in me. You may or may not know that I have some experience with spin. I'm actually government trained. Watching you back and fill and hem and haw and try to cover for the preposterous things you sometimes say is probably more amusing to me than it is to most people, because I used to make a living doing exactly that, and it is simply not in my character to let you get away with your flimsy "if you misinterpreted what I said, that's your problem" excuses.

Clearly you think you are entitled to your assumptions even if they are wrong.  I guess that's true, but apparently you don't like them pointed out.

my house - lol.  good one john boy.  Take your smuggness and go play in the field.  Jim Bob's calling you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

This . . .

This is my place.

And these . . .

These are my people.

-- V. Barbarino