Why I hate Wes Welker...with proof this time!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Why I hate Wes Welker...with proof this time!

So, I posted that I hated Wes Welker and got hate from some of you for saying it. I know, it seemed ludicrious that me advocating for a guy who's caught nearly 600 balls since he arrived 5 years ago to be regulated to back-up duty, but it doesn't take a genius to know that THE SPREAD 3 IS PREDICTABLE AND VERY STOPPABLE!

Here's Cardinals defensive cord. saying how predictable it is thanks to ESPN BOSTON...

ESPN's Doug Clawson looks into the claim that the Patriots were tipping play calls with Tom Brady in the shotgun.

Is stopping Tom Brady as simple as seeing if he’s in the shotgun? That’s what Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton told Arizona Sports 620.

The Cardinals stifled the New England Patriots in a 20-18 win in Week 2. For Brady, it marked just his second loss at home in 37 regular-season games.

According to Horton, the Cardinals’ staff picked up on the Patriots' offensive tendencies, especially after Aaron Hernandez left the game with an injury. Specifically, Arizona looked at Brady’s positioning to determine if the Patriots would pass or run.

So, was Horton correct? After Hernandez was injured with 7:03 left in the first quarter, the Patriots called a pass play on 37 of 46 snaps (80.4 percent) with Brady in shotgun. When Brady was under center, the Patriots called a run on 18 of 29 snaps (62.1 percent).

Now, I know the Welker lovers are going to come at me with "it took the offense 3 quarters to get going under the power O formation, so why should we keep running it"? To those people, I say, shush. The problem with the offense wasn't that we can't pass the ball from under center,--we ran the ball just fine--the problem is that Hern is Brady's second option in the passing game under the power 0. Lloyd is number 1, Hern number 2, Gronk number 3 and Ridley for the dump off. Once Hern went out, the Cards went to "stuff the line and stop Ridley" to beat the Pats.

When we went spread 3, Ridley became useless and we went with Woodhead as the primary runner (WORST IDEA EVER! Please, Vereen needs to come back sooner rather than later because Woodhead runs like the previous #39. He runs into an OL and falls forward for 2 or 3 yards.) Teams don't respect Woodhead and they go 2-2-7 and just try to get to Brady as fast as they can.

Point is, get Brady under center and give Ridley his stats! The guy is the most talented RB we've had in the Belichick era and we're not using him so we can playcate Welker's ego and the Welker lovers' fantasy teams? Please!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Re: Why I hate Wes Welker...with proof this time!

Poop on this crap!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Don't kid yoursel,f you've been banned for being a tool box.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Do people even watch the games? The Pats did exactly what people are asking for for most of the game--and only scored 9 points through three quarters. Most of the spread offense came late in the fourth quarter as time was getting short---and it was successful, producing more points than anything else they had done all game. 

Please, if you expect anyone to take you even a little seriously, at least watch the games! At this point certain posters are letting their goofy theories completely cloud their vision. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't kid YOURSELF. YOU should be banned for being a johnny-come-lately pink hat who offers nothing of discussion on this board.

You're an IT dork. 

[/QUOTE]

This is what gets you banned, not the endless drivel you spew or your Jet loving Brady bashing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Oh Lord... the season is lost, now!!