Why I Haven't Performed, By Trent Richardson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Why I Haven't Performed, By Trent Richardson

In response to LuvsThosePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is off-topic, but UD's avatar = Gomez Addams??  Hi --fuggin' -- larious!!!  I just had a huge belly laugh over that one.  I've been wondering who that's supposed to be a picture of.  Now, who is it really?

[/QUOTE]
    It is actually the guy who is investigating the bullying situation in Miami for the NFL.  His name is Ted Wells. 

Ted Wells is a prominent criminal attorney. A litigation partner at the New York law firm of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP, the National Law Journal has selected Wells as one of America's best white-collar defense attorneys on numerous occasions.[1] Wells received his B.A. from College of the Holy Cross, his M.B.A. from Harvard Business School, and his J.D. from Harvard Law School.[2] He and his wife, former New Jersey Secretary of State Nina Mitchell Wells, reside in Livingston, New Jersey.[3][4]

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey Gomez...this seems to go against your alleged "public opinions" on Richardson. Still waiting for a cite on those so-called "public opinions" of yours: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-11-10/trent-richardson-trade-a-bust-colts-vs-rams-score-andrew-luck-sacks-hits-one-dimensional-afc

LOL!!! 

[/QUOTE]

Poor Patty - I don't catalouge everything I read like you, and I don't intend to.  As I recall it came from a football outsiders guy or former one.  Best I can give you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You are absolutely delusional.   Have you told the board what Grigson did last year to win that award yet?

He drafted Luck #1 overall. Ok, who wouldn't have done that?  Resigning Reggie Wayne? Ok.

What else?  You are a joke.  I can name a half dozen instrumental moves BB did as our GM in 2010 that dwarf any move that Grigson did in 2012.

[/QUOTE]
    Belichick can't win the 2012 award based on 2010 moves.  Grigson put together a staff and roster that succeeded despite substantial odds.  Who did more?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Cool

Ol TP - getting to be just like Russ.  Always looking for opponents to kick.

It cannot be denied that this looks like a horrible deal, but as I said, I give the reigning exec of the year the benefit of the doubt.  Why?  He's the reigning exec of the year.  He's turned over something like 80% of the roster since Peyton Manning was here and replaced them with personnel that went from a 2 win team to the playoffs the following year and is on course for another playoff appearance amidst substantial injuries to the team.  Props to Ryan Grigson. 

The good news is that this player is on a rookie salary after the rookie salary limit.  He's not taking up significant cap space and if anything has been proven time and again by all teams including Mr. Belichick, late first round picks are never guaranteed to succeed. 

Tpatty - you should pick on another team - not one that has beaten San Fran, Seattle, and Denver. 

[/QUOTE]

He won Exec of the Year last year? Why?  Are you kidding me?  

Do not tell us about injuries either.  Also, your division blew up this year. Houston was out a month ago.  You're kidding yourself. You got giddy back in October and now it's exposing you.

[/QUOTE]

You didn't know he won exec of the year?  Russ, you can't admit such things when you talk like you know everything.  It makes you look less than honest, but it'll be our secret. 

Why?  I already gave you that reason, but I'll do it again.  He blew up the team that existed prior to his arrival and reinvented it and with good coaching took that updated collection of personnel to the playoffs.  Who did better or more with less last year?  No one. 

Injuries are what they are.  The colts have had a number of them and are still succeeding.  And our division blowing doesn't matter, why?  Because the colts have beaten the 49ers, Seahawks, and Broncos. 

Houston almost beat the pats - I wouldn't use them as an example. 

And yes, I am giddy - still.  The colts aren't very good this year.  I assume that the issue is a combination of injuries and left over talent, but it doesn't matter.  When you have team that is not that good that finds a way to win against the best teams in the league while still knowing they are not that good - giddiness is exactly what happens. 

I feel like a broken record, but Russ pays so little attention that reiterating what has already been said is enough to make him look like an idiot. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  I guess that goes to show you how much I pay attention to fraud awards or people who don't deserve the award.

Explain why Grigson won the award.  Because they tanked, he was hired and Luck was the obvious #1 overall pick????? That's the reason?  What on earth?

What a pathetic, and I mean absolutely pathetic choice of Exec of the Year.   BB has been brilliant 100 times over in many seasons as  GM since 2000 and this organization has only won it a couple of times when they handed it to Pioli.

How on earth, can BB, clearly the best GM of the 2010 season, maybe even this year as well, not be winning these awards with Caserio? How is it possible?

Grigson signs up, takes Luck as the #1 overall and wins Exec of the Year? Just what kind of photos does Irsay have on Goodell over there?

[/QUOTE]

Oh pathetic rusty - the only awards that you believe are not pathetic are those that are given to the pats.  Explain to me how going from 2-14 to 11-5 with an enormous roster turnover including the coaching staff, the leader or which comes down with cancer during the early season, is not deserving of the award?

Apparently you'd rather give it to the coach who goes from 13-3 and superbowl loser to 12-4 and superbowl watcher.   I honestly wonder what kind of photos Ernie Adams has on you. 

[/QUOTE]

Did you just imply that the Colts went 2-14 legimiately and did not "Suck for Luck"? Did you?

THat is the most fraudulent Exec of the Year award I've ever seen. Arians deserved coach of the year, but no personnel moves at all are standout moves from Grigson last year. That's a fact.

[/QUOTE]
    I did.  I do, and I will forever.  He turned over 70% of the starting roster.  His playoff team included 2 rookie TE's, 2 Rookie WR's, a Rookie RB, and a rookie QB.  Go compare the starting rosters of 2011 vs. 2012 and then the rest of the roster.  Its incredible what he did.  You'll have to pull your head out of BB's A22 before you can actually do that, and it will be a first for quite sometime, but trust me - the evidence is there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

The Browns don't even miss this guy.  Bad deal Colts fans.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Cool

It cannot be denied that this looks like a horrible deal, but as I said, I give the reigning exec of the year the benefit of the doubt.  Why?  He's the reigning exec of the year.  He's turned over something like 80% of the roster since Peyton Manning was here and replaced them with personnel that went from a 2 win team to the playoffs the following year and is on course for another playoff appearance amidst substantial injuries to the team.  Props to Ryan Grigson. 

The good news is that this player is on a rookie salary after the rookie salary limit.  He's not taking up significant cap space and if anything has been proven time and again by all teams including Mr. Belichick, late first round picks are never guaranteed to succeed. 

Tpatty - you should pick on another team - not one that has beaten San Fran, Seattle, and Denver. 

[/QUOTE]

Do not tell us about injuries either.  Also, your division blew up this year. Houston was out a month ago.  You're kidding yourself. You got giddy back in October and now it's exposing you.

[/QUOTE]

You didn't know he won exec of the year?  Russ, you can't admit such things when you talk like you know everything.  It makes you look less than honest, but it'll be our secret. 

Why?  I already gave you that reason, but I'll do it again.  He blew up the team that existed prior to his arrival and reinvented it and with good coaching took that updated collection of personnel to the playoffs.  Who did better or more with less last year?  No one. 

Injuries are what they are.  The colts have had a number of them and are still succeeding.  And our division blowing doesn't matter, why?  Because the colts have beaten the 49ers, Seahawks, and Broncos. 

And yes, I am giddy - still.  The colts aren't very good this year.  I assume that the issue is a combination of injuries and left over talent, but it doesn't matter.  When you have team that is not that good that finds a way to win against the best teams in the league while still knowing they are not that good - giddiness is exactly what happens. 

I feel like a broken record, but Russ pays so little attention that reiterating what has already been said is enough to make him look like an idiot. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  I guess that goes to show you how much I pay attention to fraud awards or people who don't deserve the award.

Explain why Grigson won the award.  Because they tanked, he was hired and Luck was the obvious #1 overall pick????? That's the reason?  What on earth?

What a pathetic, and I mean absolutely pathetic choice of Exec of the Year.   BB has been brilliant 100 times over in many seasons as  GM since 2000 and this organization has only won it a couple of times when they handed it to Pioli.

How on earth, can BB, clearly the best GM of the 2010 season, maybe even this year as well, not be winning these awards with Caserio? How is it possible?

Grigson signs up, takes Luck as the #1 overall and wins Exec of the Year? Just what kind of photos does Irsay have on Goodell over there?

[/QUOTE]

Oh pathetic rusty - the only awards that you believe are not pathetic are those that are given to the pats.  Explain to me how going from 2-14 to 11-5 with an enormous roster turnover including the coaching staff, the leader or which comes down with cancer during the early season, is not deserving of the award?

Apparently you'd rather give it to the coach who goes from 13-3 and superbowl loser to 12-4 and superbowl watcher.   I honestly wonder what kind of photos Ernie Adams has on you. 

[/QUOTE]

Did you just imply that the Colts went 2-14 legimiately and did not "Suck for Luck"? Did you?

THat is the most fraudulent Exec of the Year award I've ever seen. Arians deserved coach of the year, but no personnel moves at all are standout moves from Grigson last year. That's a fact.

[/QUOTE]
    I did.  I do, and I will forever.  He turned over 70% of the starting roster.  His playoff team included 2 rookie TE's, 2 Rookie WR's, a Rookie RB, and a rookie QB.  Go compare the starting rosters of 2011 vs. 2012 and then the rest of the roster.  Its incredible what he did.  You'll have to pull your head out of BB's A22 before you can actually do that, and it will be a first for quite sometime, but trust me - the evidence is there.

[/QUOTE]

In 2010, BB started 4 rookies on D. One was an All Pro.  Two started or played more and more as the season went on offense (Gronk and Hernandez).  That's 6 ROOKIES.

He dealt Randy Moss, a future HOFer and then the team reeled off 10 out of their next 11 games. He also dealt Maroney for a 3rd and reacquired Branch, mid season.

He drafted McCourty, Spikes, Gronk and Hernandez.  

Do not sit here and lecture me about roster turnover as your pathetic franchise somehow as some pathetic B Line into the Exec of the Year award voting process.   It's uncanny. 

It's flippin' embarrassing to watch too.

BB had a great draft in 2010 and made moves that were ballsy and brilliant to help Brady win another MVP award. NE went 14-2 with 6 total rookies starting.

PLain and simple. Compare that to Grigson taking over for Polian making an easy decision to tank and pick Luck.

Also, he was lucky Pagano got sick because the team clearly rallied around that. That has nothing to do with Grigson's personnel moves. Nothing.

A wild card was great, but please.  Tanking for Luck is not a hard decision.

[/QUOTE]

Yep and that D blew.  Of course, the reason for that was because BB frantically tried to hold together an aging declining team and then was forced to dump them all at once.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Cool

[/QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Do you still love this deal for Indy, Gomez?? Even you have to be concerned about the way the Colts have been playing lately. Their defense is awful, and their offense, despite Andrew Luck, is mediocre at best. Luck looks lost without Reggie Wayne...and is sitting duck behind his awful OL: http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/2470/colts-troubled-offensive-line-dealing-with-injuries?ex_cid=espnapi_public 

But, the Colts can surely shore up their OL through the deep 2014 draft. They can use their #1 pick...err...oh, thats right. So sorry...LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]
    Who is Gomez, Tipper?  I suggest you read my posts for your answer.  No need to ask answered questions my intellectually challenged friend. 

RESPONSE: It's a very simple question, Gomez. I made it that way, because I know how reluctant you are to take a position. I'll ask again: DO...YOU...STILL...LIKE...THIS...RICHARDSON...TRADE...FOR...INDY? YES, or NO? As for who is Gomez...your avatar looks something like Gomez Addams, of  Addams Family fame. LOL!!!

Not sure what you expected with Avery gone from last year, Allen on IR, Wayne on IR, Ballard on IR, Bradshaw on IR and an 80% staff turnover since 2011.  The colts certainly have a long way to go, but they are making progress nonetheless, went to the playoffs last year and will go again this year and have wins this year over SF, SEA, and DEN  - and Grigson has much to do with that.

RESPONSE: Using injuries as an excuse, are we?? What the hell did Grigson have to do with Indy winning those games? Did he make a tackle? Throw a TD pass?? 

Your time will come when your team loses its centerpiece, and they will likely have the opportunity to prepare for that loss unlike the colts.  Even with that preparation, do you think the pats will succeed as well as the colts have.  Looking forward to that day. 

RESPONSE: As if the Pats haven't lost centerpieces already?? Vince Wilfolk, Jerod Mayo, Aaron Hernandez, Wes Welker...and yet the Pats are still winning. The Pats lost Tom Brady for the entire 2008 season...yet still went 11-5. What happened in Indy when Peyton missed a season?  When the day comes that Brady steps down, or, God forbid, is carried out on his shield...I'm sure that the Pats' franchise handle he matter with more dignity than did the Colts franchise...and not purposely tank the season to get the #1 overall draft pick. 

[/QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Now Gomez...Uquit trying to change the subject. Do you still like the Richardson deal...YES or NOI've read your previous posts, and got no answers...other than you claiming that "others"/public opinion, say that there's something to Richardson's claim that he was forced into the offense too quickly. Please name who you mean by "others"...and please cite articles that confirm that this is "public opinion". Almost everything I've read indicates that "public opinion" is that Richardson is a bust...and hat the Browns swindled the Colts. Come on, Pinocchio. A good deal for Indy? Yes, or No???   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Cool

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In 2010, BB started 4 rookies on D. One was an All Pro.  Two started or played more and more as the season went on offense (Gronk and Hernandez).  That's 6 ROOKIES.

He dealt Randy Moss, a future HOFer and then the team reeled off 10 out of their next 11 games. He also dealt Maroney for a 3rd and reacquired Branch, mid season.

He drafted McCourty, Spikes, Gronk and Hernandez.  

Do not sit here and lecture me about roster turnover as your pathetic franchise somehow as some pathetic B Line into the Exec of the Year award voting process.   It's uncanny. 

It's flippin' embarrassing to watch too.

BB had a great draft in 2010 and made moves that were ballsy and brilliant to help Brady win another MVP award. NE went 14-2 with 6 total rookies starting.

PLain and simple. Compare that to Grigson taking over for Polian making an easy decision to tank and pick Luck.

Also, he was lucky Pagano got sick because the team clearly rallied around that. That has nothing to do with Grigson's personnel moves. Nothing.

A wild card was great, but please.  Tanking for Luck is not a hard decision.

[/QUOTE]

Yep and that D blew.  Of course, the reason for that was because BB frantically tried to hold together an aging declining team and then was forced to dump them all at once.

[/QUOTE]

Well - that finally explains how the Jets ended up beating the Pats out for the division title and getting to an AFC championship game or getting to a SB a couple of years ago. Maybe the Pats will someday find a way to compete for the division title again and find a way maybe to be one of the teams expected to make a run at a SB. In the meantime we can all enjoy watching the Jets!

Now story time is over Meadow. Go to sleep. Think of all the dresses you can wear to the party when the Patriots are playing in January and who knows, maybe February.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

delete

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

UD6 - you can make the case that Richardson had a chance to contribute right away while a draft pick next year cannot. You can also make the hopeful case that until the Colts either win or are eliminated in the playoffs that Richardson cuold make the significatn impact the GM is hoping for.

But UD6 - at this point it is clear that Richardson does not look like he is worth a high third round pick let alone a 1st round pick. And the Colts are not a loaded team. If they are going to challenge for a SB they need to be MUCH better than they are now. That means losing a 1st round pick is a very bad thing unless the trade really does add real 1st or at least REAL 2nd round value. At this time it looks like the GM was gambling rather than continuing to build. He gave up too much with the HOPE that Richardson was being used badly.

This might end up being an example of why awards are meaningless. The record is what counts. The Colts are a playoff team. But they rely on 1 person as much as GB does. Even the Pats would find a way to win 9 or 10 games with TB even if they would not get any further. But the Colts would be strained to win 5 games without Luck. THey NEED more players around him. Richardson might have been one of those players but they gave up really too much for him and this will slow down they development.

You should be unhappy about this because you do not want to waste a year or two in the career of Luck. He is too good to be holding back due to GM blunders.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

UD6 - you can make the case that Richardson had a chance to contribute right away while a draft pick next year cannot. You can also make the hopeful case that until the Colts either win or are eliminated in the playoffs that Richardson cuold make the significatn impact the GM is hoping for.

But UD6 - at this point it is clear that Richardson does not look like he is worth a high third round pick let alone a 1st round pick. And the Colts are not a loaded team. If they are going to challenge for a SB they need to be MUCH better than they are now. That means losing a 1st round pick is a very bad thing unless the trade really does add real 1st or at least REAL 2nd round value. At this time it looks like the GM was gambling rather than continuing to build. He gave up too much with the HOPE that Richardson was being used badly.

This might end up being an example of why awards are meaningless. The record is what counts. The Colts are a playoff team. But they rely on 1 person as much as GB does. Even the Pats would find a way to win 9 or 10 games with TB even if they would not get any further. But the Colts would be strained to win 5 games without Luck. THey NEED more players around him. Richardson might have been one of those players but they gave up really too much for him and this will slow down they development.

You should be unhappy about this because you do not want to waste a year or two in the career of Luck. He is too good to be holding back due to GM blunders.

[/QUOTE]

Oh...never mind. UD6, a/k/a "the Dog(gggggg)", a/k/a Pinocchio (for his tendencies to lie and make things up), a/k/a Gomez (see his goofy avatar, bearing a resemblance to Gomez Addams of Addams Family fame), has obviously chosen to take his ball, and run back to his Mamma's basement. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Portfolio - I've admitted that the trade is bad if nothing changes with Richardson.  Frankly, there is no evidence that anything will change, so I've got no problem with people making the case that it was a bad deal.  It just isn't, yet. 

Further, I can make the case that there are no guarantees that the pick given up will absolutely produce results. There's ample evidence that late 1st round picks don't always turn out great. 

As it stands, the colts have a player on a rookie contract without having to have paid him a signing bonus or be responsible for the cap number the signing bonus caused.  They only pay him his salary and their cap allowance is only that salary.  That's a financially good deal - no matter what. 

As it stands today - has he been worth a first rounder - not even close, but that first rounder is not given up until next year - so this year he is just a player.  Next year will be a different story.  Again there is no guarantee that the player they would have taken with that pick would have been productive.  There's plenty of evidence to show otherwise. 

The true negative of the deal is only subjective at this point.  He was the 3rd player taken and he has performed more like a 5th rounder, but the colts didn't take him at third.  That's not their history. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

RB Trent Richardson, the guy that UD6, a/k/a Gomez, a/k/a "The Dog(gggggg), a/k/a Pinocchio, felt was the "final piece" to the Colts' puzzle: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=331208004.

LOL!!!!! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

RB Trent Richardson, the guy that UD6, a/k/a Gomez, a/k/a "The Dog(gggggg), a/k/a Pinocchio, felt was the "final piece" to the Colts' puzzle: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=331208004.

LOL!!!!! 

[/QUOTE]
    can you show us where I said that?