Why is the league going wild??? PTS YDS and TD´s?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Why is the league going wild??? PTS YDS and TD´s?

why is this happenning ?  Lockout ?  rules ? 

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter :

Teams have registered more points (2,157), net passing yards (23,560) and passing TDs (153) in first 3 weeks of any season in NFL history.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Re: Why is the league going wild??? PTS YDS and TD´s?

Of course this also mean that the entire NFL Defense is very bad !

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

I'm curious if there have been more special teams TD's as well.  It's pretty obvious that the lockout hurt defenses more than offenses, but I think the trend in officiating is a contributing factor as well.  I don't have any hard data but it seems like there are more and more ticky tack calls (particularly in the secondary) every year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I love how all the experts were predicting the exact opposite.

I forget who it was but many of them were stating that offenses will be off rhythm and defenses will have a major edge once the season starts.

exact opposite has occurred, so much for all the experts lmfao.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I miss the days where a running game played a role. 

It really is coming down to one player, the quarterback. Got a decent on and you can win. If you don't forget it. And there are not many decent ones. 

I'd like to see some rule changes that help bring back the run and get the scoring down. 

It's not just something from this year, I'm thinking the past 5 years. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Not everyone's defense is bad. Pittsburgh's defense managed to recover rather quickly from one bad game (caused by a whole slew of offensive turnovers). Tennessee is holding up pretty good considering how mediocre their offense is. Detroit's defense is also fine. If the lock out hurt those defenses than it really killed ours because ours is the worst in the league right now. So how come those teams were able to "recover" from the lockout so quickly?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Turning into a pass happy league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Not everyone's defense is bad. Pittsburgh's defense managed to recover rather quickly from one bad game (caused by a whole slew of offensive turnovers). Tennessee is holding up pretty good considering how mediocre their offense is. Detroit's defense is also fine. If the lock out hurt those defenses than it really killed ours because ours is the worst in the league right now. So how come those teams were able to "recover" from the lockout so quickly?
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]
    Look at who they played.

Wk 1  Pit @ Bal  Ten @ Jac  Det @ TB
    Wk 2  Sea @ Pit  Bal @ Ten  KC @ Det
    Wk 2  Pit @ Ind  Den @ Ten  Det @ Min

I'm not trying to excuse our defense but strength of schedule plays a big part plus it's still early in the season. Let's hope our D peaks later on and carries us through the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In Response to Re: Why is the league going wild??? PTS YDS and TD´s?:
    [QUOTE]Look at who they played. Wk 1  Pit @ Bal  Ten @ Jac  Det @ TB Wk 2  Sea @ Pit  Bal @ Ten  KC @ Det Wk 2  Pit @ Ind  Den @ Ten  Det @ Min I'm not trying to excuse our defense but strength of schedule plays a big part plus it's still early in the season. Let's hope our D peaks later on and carries us through the playoffs.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

I agree the schedule is important but by all accounts the Dolphins are awful and Henne passed for 400+ against the Pats. Rivers struggled against both the god awful Vikings and Chiefs but not against the Pats in comparison.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Why is the league going wild??? PTS YDS and TD´s?:
    [QUOTE]why is this happenning ?  Lockout ?  rules ?  AdamSchefter Adam Schefter :  Teams have registered more points (2,157), net passing yards (23,560) and passing TDs (153) in first 3 weeks of any season in NFL history.
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

because Sergio Brown can stay step for step with a receiver, stop, not move his feet, turn his head, keep his hands by his side, and still get a pass interference even though he just stood there because apparently he has no right to space

and because illegal contact

and because offensive holding is called very sporadically

and because QBs are protected from getting hit above the chest and below the knee and after they release the ball and from any kind of contact between a defender's helmet and any part of their body

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from june2010. Show june2010's posts

As Phil simms said ... the defense will eventually catch up with the offense. When the defense finally gets in the grove of playing backwards, they will see the game better in front of them.