Why is the media ripping Favre?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezer827. Show breezer827's posts

Re: Why is the media ripping Favre?

Why is this a question? Brett Favre has brought this all on himself. He is nothing but a Drama queen with a capital D. This is a shame on how the media and almost everyone in the sports world sees him now. He is one of the mot entertaining QB's in the history in the league. I really enjoyed watching him play last year. Not to mention the years past. This whole media drama you are talking about goes back to when he first retired. He made are heart warming speech about how this is it. Then he decides a few months later after the packers have moved on and named Aaron Rodgers their starting QB. He calls the Packers traitors for not letting him back just B/c he decided he wants to play. He goes to the Jets and stinks (thank god). After the season with the Jets he does the whole i'm retiring again and never playing football. He give interviews with ESPN saying that he has played his last game ever. What does he do next? Take a guess... He signs with the Packers rivals the Vikings. He has a great year but blows his teams chances of going to the super bowl b/c of a interception in overtime. But this time he breaks his ankle. He has offseason surgery which led people to believe that he was coming back. But what people don't realize is that a QB most important body parts are his legs and feet. that is where they get their power when they throw the ball. So this "decision" might take longer. Not to mention that he skips training camps b/c he doesn't want to go through that. This is why Favre is getting so much crap from the media that he is. So the answer to you question is yes. He deserves everything that he is getting. and honestly who cares what he does?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Even if this year it wasn't his fault he brought it on himself. He's been doing this since 2006, it's 2010 now. 

He has to be one of the most overrated QBs in league history. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Why is the media ripping Favre?:
    [QUOTE]Seems to me Favre was minding his own business on his farm when a report comes out of nowhere from a unanmed source saying he is not coming back. media. Even the dude looking chick from the globe called him selfish...
    Posted by Brady2Moss07[/QUOTE]

This is not entirely accurate. While neither Glazer nor Zulgad could be persuaded to admit it, Visanthe Shiancoe has been identified as (one of) the guy(s) who let it slip that Favre was texting teammates about his "retirement." I think in a case like this, you're going to get a certain amount of "Boy Who Cried Wolf" reaction because The Human Turnover has been doing this for four years now. The idea that Favre is not a willing participant in the annual media circus surrounding him is patently laughable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

THe media rip's everyone so get over it....Look how they constantly report on that wacko who cant keep a boyfriend Jennifer Anuston...Why do you think she cant keep a bo?  Do you think she has smelly feet, or is it soemthing else?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

zzzzzzzzzzz

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dv8ed. Show dv8ed's posts

AND those married folks who don't want drama, don't send pictures of their plumbing to women.  While this may not be primarliy a news site, I think they're unlikely to drop this bomb without being clear that it happened (they've actually broken some pretty big football news in the past).  Best football webiste out there for those that like a laugh.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2010/08/brett-favre-would-like-you-to-see-his-love-gun.html

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

its because he DIDN'T report for camp, and DIDN'T retire either.  Signalling another year of BrettaDonna syndrome and all the attendant media frenzy.  So YES, he did do something.  He didn't stop or go to camp.  He is under contract.  Report or retire. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Why is the media ripping Favre?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Why is the media ripping Favre? : AND those married folks who don't want drama, don't send pictures of their plumbing to women.  While this may not be primarliy a news site, I think they're unlikely to drop this bomb without being clear that it happened (they've actually broken some pretty big football news in the past).  Best football webiste out there for those that like a laugh. http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2010/08/brett-favre-would-like-you-to-see-his-love-gun.html
    Posted by dv8ed[/QUOTE]

Finally! A story about Favre that's almost interesting. LOL 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Like I said, its all media driven. If you guys can't see this they you have all bought into what the media spoon feeds you. I recall seing a video and the TE said I did not recive a text, but someone else did. That being said, if he did send the text to a player, that is not being sent to the media and that is not Favre asking for media coverage. If you want to cry about a player look at Lebron who has one hour specials to tell the world he is not good enough to win it all on his own so he is teaming up with other super stars.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmassgreg. Show wmassgreg's posts

[QUOTE]Just curious what your thoughts are? Seems to me Favre was minding his own business on his farm when a report comes out of nowhere from a unanmed source saying he is not coming back. Next thing you know there is a report he texted teammates saying he was done, though no teammates have come out to confirm. So now, Favre is all the media wants to talk about and they rip him as being a premadonna, selfish, wanting more $, attention, whatever... But did Favre ask for any of this? Did he contact the media? I am pretty sure he did not. I am pretty sure training camp started and some reported wante to start up Favre watch 2. The guy has said he wants to play if he is healthy, but he is not yet. The Vikings want hime back. He did not ask for the attention the media is doing it to garner intrest in their shows. Then some of these talking heads have it in them to call out Favre. I cannot stand the media. Even the dude looking chick from the globe called him selfish...
    HES A DRAMA QUEEN!!! worse than a high school girl or even a provincetown queen!! why do skinny girls always say they are fat ? for attention. favre himself probablystarted the rumors just to get his name out there. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Like I said, its all media driven. If you guys can't see this they you have all bought into what the media spoon feeds you. I recall seing a video and the TE said I did not recive a text, but someone else did. That being said, if he did send the text to a player, that is not being sent to the media and that is not Favre asking for media coverage. If you want to cry about a player look at Lebron who has one hour specials to tell the world he is not good enough to win it all on his own so he is teaming up with other super stars.

Are you trying to say that farve really wants to be quietly ignored down in his swampland but the media won't let him? I just cannot accept that.

Of course the media is a willing accomplice but farve is the conductor for sure. Its painfully obvious to me that he's a just totally self-absorbed athlete who cannot live without constant attention, especially in the waning years of his less-than-spectacular career. Here we are talking about this has-been again.

I wonder if LV has odds as to how long before he un-retires again? I'm guessing he's back in the NFL by Oct 15, after several weeks of self-generated, teasing speculation and a 24/7 farve watch for at least a month.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Where is all of this "drama queen" BS coming from, it's pretty simple; he's a 40 year old pro bowl QB who doesn't want or need training camp, so he has to work from within the framework the league has set up.  He either has to report or teeter on the verge of retirement, he can't come out and say what everyone knows he is thinking "I don't want to go to training camp" or he will be viewed as a bad teammate by the same media that has him at the top of the news blotter every day... leave him alone until he decides to report.

I think he's earned the right to miss camp, has already proven he can come in right before the season and still be one of the best out there. 

Just because the media have the urge to report on his every bowel movement and create "news" during a slow new's week should he be lambasted for it?  Just another example of lazy reporting...  what's Britney Spears up to anyway?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I agree with Wozzy. We are talking about "The Iron Man" This guy has never missed a game in 20 years(HUH) He is 41 years old. He probably has to get up 3 times a night to take a p**s. At 40 years old he had the best season of his career.

The Saints almost killed him in last years NFC game and he had foot surgery. You cannot just skip camp without fines and such so he is playing the game the way he has to. I understand we are all sick of hearing about this and he may be basking in the fame a bit on his way out the door but I think he deserves it.

I am not much of a Favre fan but I respect what he has done in a position where 11 guys are trying to kill you every day. Yes he takes too many gambles and throws picks but he also has a pretty darn good record. 33 tds to only 7 interceptions last year in a new offense at 40 years old. Wow. I hope he comes back so the Pats can beat the Vikings in the Superbowl for a little revenge against the old man.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Can't minimize Favre's 09 season, he was terrific.  This year Vikes are 9-7 without him, probably 12-4 with him.  It's more about money then drama, he wants another big pay day.  Can't blame him when you see Bradford get $50mm.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Rodney Harrison said it best, "Each and every offseason bringing so much attention to himself, it’s just really a disappointment to hear that time and time again.  If you’ve been in the league 13, 14, 15 years or so you know if you want to play. The circus shouldn’t have to go on for three to four years. It’s just a disappointment.

“Then the media, they’re just so caught up and in love with Brett Favre. … It’s ridiculous because a lot of guys are doing good, positive things in the National Football League and those keep things keep getting overlooked.”

Favre is such a d*ck making his team hang on his every word...

Egotistical narcissistic d bag...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]Jennifer Anuston...Why do you think she cant keep a bo?  Do you think she has smelly feet, or is it soemthing else?
    Posted by LittleLazJunior[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, it's the feet. Not smelly, but the 2nd toe is way longer than the big toe and it just freaks dudes out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezer827. Show breezer827's posts

In Response to Re: Why  I think he's earned the right to miss camp, has already proven he can come in right before the season and still be one of the best out there. 

Are u serious? So i guess this means that if Tom Brady, Randy moss, Wes Welker, Wilfork, and faulk decided that they didn't want 2 go 2 training camp it would be ok. I believe that these guys have "earned the right to miss camp". If you remember what happened when he did that when he was with the Jets he stunk. I believe that it worked out the way it did with the vikings b/c the vikings are stacked. They have a lot of really good players on both sides of the ball. He was just icing on the cake. The vikings did pretty well the year before he joined them so they really didn't need Favre.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Boy the jealousy is so thick you can taste it...

This is the same guy that goes back to his farm in the offseason and would otherwise disappear if the media didn't follow him.  The same guy who when his wife got sick and went through personal turmoil he didn't go on Oprah, write a book or use it to further his image; he just shut his mouth and sucked it up. 

Most of the chumps in the media wish they were Brett Farve, as do a few posters here obviously.  Rodney Harrison is making his living as a pundit now, he has to say things that might be considered controversial or even critical. He might even be a little peeved that, being a defensive player, a strong safety would never get that much attention anyhow... he hated QB's when he played and nothing much has changed.

The media made this mess, now they can't shut up about it.  He doesn't need to be at camp and you'd better believe that his teammates don't give a rats a--.  They want Farve on their team, he gives them the best chance to win... period. 

Grow up, don't be so small, this isn't a right of passage every time they go into camp and Tavarius Jackson isn't getting any better even if Joe Montana himself came to camp to teach him.  Haters hate, thats what they do...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You could never know what it's like to be him or what he's thinking...  so get a grip.

Barry Sanders could have played 5 more seasons easily, but he didn't control his own fate, he was destined to rot on sub 500 teams until his body broke down playing in Detroit, when he retired early the media hopped on him and called him selfish and the fans were denied the greatest runner in the modern age. 

Brett has control of his life and career but you and the media would rather he was some indentured servant.  Anytime a guy can play out his final years as a free agent like Farve or Shaq who the F are you to judge him?  Get a life or go watch soap operas so you can bathe in the drama, theres no crying in football.  And please get off your pulpit about what he owes to his "team," The Vikings can play ball control offense and solid defense with Jackson at QB but they will NEVER make it to the NFC title game. 

I'm a football fan, the Viking lose all relevance the moment Farve retires, I love to watch him play...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why  I think he's earned the right to miss camp, has already proven he can come in right before the season and still be one of the best out there.  Are u serious? So i guess this means that if Tom Brady, Randy moss, Wes Welker, Wilfork, and faulk decided that they didn't want 2 go 2 training camp it would be ok. I believe that these guys have "earned the right to miss camp". If you remember what happened when he did that when he was with the Jets he stunk. I believe that it worked out the way it did with the vikings b/c the vikings are stacked. They have a lot of really good players on both sides of the ball. He was just icing on the cake. The vikings did pretty well the year before he joined them so they really didn't need Favre.
    Posted by breezer827[/QUOTE]
    ]
    The Vikings were 10-6 the previous year in a very weak division Lions no wins,Bears fell apart, Packers 1st year with Rogers. Now with Favre they are Superbowl favorites for lots of people. To try and down play Favre's impact on the Vikings season is telling me you must really hate this guy. He was probably the best QB in football last year.

Yes his throw was a bad play in the end but so was Adrian Petersons fumble to kill the drive the series before that. As a matter of fact didn't Adrian Peterson fumble as many times as Favre threw interceptions last year?

In regard to missing time at an old age, I think QB's are the 1 player that can get away with it. They do not need to run jump or tackle. They need to have mental toughness and go easy on their arms.

To answer your question yes at 40 years old I think Brady would be fine without mini camps( which he already misses at 33) and most of training camp. Now with that said camp is obviously important for team unity but if Brady were contemplating retirement I would hope we would give him as much time as he ever needed. In fact I would think at 40 years old we would want to limit Brady's throwing as to save him for the season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

This is why Favre does what he does...because we're all here talking about him as fans of a team that has no association with him or the team he might or might not play for...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Personally, I don't agree. Rodgers was incredible behind an awful line taking so many sacks and Favre had arguably the best line in the NFL to play behind. We can debate Peterson v.s. Grant and the WR groups, but I think the O Line is the clear difference. He had a very good year, but that foundation was already there on offense, no doubt. Anyone remember when Matt Cassel had better numbers in 2008 than Favre, but Lawn Boy went to a Pro Bowl? I mean, this guy has been living his reputation since the mid and late 90s. He can still play, but like I said, Tavaris Jackson led Minny to a playoff game in 2008.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly Gus Ferrote was the QB most of that year. The defense was one of the better units that year. Rushing D was #1 or something. I think that had more to do with the wins then Jacksons 5 games. Then last year the defense actually took a step back (in the secondary) and Favre came in with literally no #1 wr and Berrian as a suspect #2. Sydney Rice played on that team the year before and was nowhere near what he was last year. I agree about a solid offensive line but that didn't help him much in the Saints game.

Look Im not saying I like the guy and I will definitely agree that he might be taking advantage of the situation both in terms of missing camp and possibly stealing a little extra spotlight, but you can't take away from what this guy has accomplished, and to put him in a class of Bonds  AROD and a bunch of cheaters is pretty extreme.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I would agree with TC that Favre's histrionics, while a bit adolescent and irritating, shouldn't be classed with the behvior of unrepentant cheaters like A-Rod and Clemens and Bonds (Oh my!). I rarely watch ESPN, so I couldn't comment with any credibility on its coverage, but what I find interesting this time around is that no one on the Vikings' flagship website is talking about this anymore. It blew up for one day immediately after it was reported and has now virtually disappeared from the KFAN message board. Like I said before, this is the NFL's version of The Boy Who Cried "Wolf." Favre will be back. It's not about any injury he just suddenly realized wasn't healing and it's not about money. It's just about Brett making sure everybody remembers that he's special and preparing the proper "Oh, thank God!" response when he ultimately reports. Vikings fan knows this and is apparently okay with it. Think about it realistically: Favre is the quintessential hired gun. The Vikings, correctly believing they were only a quarterback away from serious Super Bowl contention, reached out to the guy who had tormented them for 15 years -- and Favre is eating it up with a spoon. He can do whatever he wants and he knows it. Leave us not forget that this is the same guy who, when Minnesota still had a shot at securing home-field advantage in the playoffs, ignored his coach when instructed to come out of a game his team was losing badly to an inept Carolina Panthers team. This is a very clear example, to me, of having to sleep in the bed you make. The Vikes let the cupboard go bare at quarterback in a quarterback league, and for their reward they get this guy and all his incumbent baggage.

If there are footballl gods and they are kind, this time around Favre will actually throw his season-killing interception in the Super Bowl, and Darius Butler will return it for a touchdown.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezer827. Show breezer827's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is the media ripping Favre? : ] The Vikings were 10-6 the previous year in a very weak division Lions no wins,Bears fell apart, Packers 1st year with Rogers. Now with Favre they are Superbowl favorites for lots of people. To try and down play Favre's impact on the Vikings season is telling me you must really hate this guy. He was probably the best QB in football last year. Yes his throw was a bad play in the end but so was Adrian Petersons fumble to kill the drive the series before that. As a matter of fact didn't Adrian Peterson fumble as many times as Favre threw interceptions last year? In regard to missing time at an old age, I think QB's are the 1 player that can get away with it. They do not need to run jump or tackle. They need to have mental toughness and go easy on their arms. To answer your question yes at 40 years old I think Brady would be fine without mini camps( which he already misses at 33) and most of training camp. Now with that said camp is obviously important for team unity but if Brady were contemplating retirement I would hope we would give him as much time as he ever needed. In fact I would think at 40 years old we would want to limit Brady's throwing as to save him for the season.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I have never down played Favre. i said previously that i enjoyed watching him play last year and the others past. i never said that he wasn't a good quarterback. I was actually rooting for him and the vikings to go to the super bowl for the NFC. My point is that he has seriously tarnished his reputation and carer b/c of this i'm retiring oh wait just kidding sh*t. Oh, i don't think Brady has ever missed Mimi Camp buddy. He has been at mimi camps for as long as i remember. even the when he was coming off knee surgery he was there he just didn't speak. OTA's are different then mimi camp. one fact being is that they arn't mandatory. I don't really care if Brady isn't there for OTA's b/c a lot of players don't show up. For one he works out in Cali with his friends and team mates. Two he is a dad now and has family and friends there. Who cares! you must be blowing smoke if you think that if one of the  important Pats players didn't show for training camp people would be angry and that it would b ok.