Why NE will win the Super Bowl next year...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Re: Why NE will win the Super Bowl next year...

In response to ATJ's comment:

Bravo Wozzy!  Really like your optimism.  Despite the naysayers and thread crappers the Pats do have a good shot at winning it all next year.  As good as any other team and better than most.  The team has some needs to address and if that gets done then we'll see where it goes.

.500 against REAL, playoff caliber teams during the regular season is NOT a good thing. See the connection to this regular season performance and their inability to win it all again? Yes, they do have as good a shot as any other team, an better than most, but this is hardly a earth shaking statement.  (Love the "IF they address some of their needs". Nice way to give yourself a back door out.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:

Bravo Wozzy!  Really like your optimism.  Despite the naysayers and thread crappers the Pats do have a good shot at winning it all next year.  As good as any other team and better than most.  The team has some needs to address and if that gets done then we'll see where it goes.

.500 against REAL, playoff caliber teams during the regular season is NOT a good thing. See the connection to this regular season performance and their inability to win it all again? Yes, they do have as good a shot as any other team, an better than most, but this is hardly a earth shaking statement.  (Love the "IF they address some of their needs". Nice way to give yourself a back door out.)

Didn't realize I was expected to make the Earth move under your feet (with apologies to Carole King) when I posted here.  I'll try harder next time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Truthfully it's been a long time since a Patriot's team had to deal with youth and learning how to win.  Posters here, fans, are spoiled from years of winning, completely spoiled.  

Listen to them, they are entitled to win another Super Bowl, damn you Belichick you're supposed to win one every year!  

Because it's so easy, all you have to do is spend more money, draft the right players, bring in the right free agents by opening up the purse strings... they don't account for 22 year old kids learning that it takes more than just talent to win, it takes perseverance, toughness, focus.

I wonder how many of these "fans" I'm talking about are actual fans and how many are just plants by the NY Times Co to spread the fanaticism around here to keep the board lively.  All I know that if these are Patriot fans, they are a complete embarrassment.

Winning a ring is hard work, you also have to be lucky.  I contend that if Love and Talib don't get injured we beat the Ravens by the slimmest of margins but the simple fact is that they beat us because they wanted it more and were starving for a championship.

This Pats team is young, they don't have that hunger, hopefully next year they will be a year healthier, wiser and tougher.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

Truthfully it's been a long time since a Patriot's team had to deal with youthand learning how to win.  Posters here, fans, are spoiled from years of winning, completely spoiled.  

Listen to them, they are entitled to win another Super Bowl, damn you Belichick you're supposed to win one every year!  

Because it's so easy, all you have to do is spend more money, draft the right players, bring in the right free agents by opening up the purse strings... they don't account for 22 year old kids learning that it takes more than just talent to win, it takes perseverance, toughness, focus.

I wonder how many of these "fans" I'm talking about are actual fans and how many are just plants by the NY Times Co to spread the fanaticism around here to keep the board lively.  All I know that if these are Patriot fans, they are a complete embarrassment.

Winning a ring is hard work, you also have to be lucky.  I contend that if Love and Talib don't get injured we beat the Ravens by the slimmest of margins but the simple fact is that they beat us because they wanted it more and were starving for a championship.

This Pats team is young, they don't have that hunger, hopefully next year they will be a year healthier, wiser and tougher.

Like your optomism, but in all seriousness, how many more subpar games from Brady are you willing to watch?

He'll be 36 next year. Don't expect Peyton Manning to be as good next year or beyond.  The age factor is now officially any issue. What drove Brady for so long might actually be a detriment as he ages.

I am absolutely stunned he had another poor game in the AFC title game.  He's had chance after chance after chance to revert back to his early era style, but he refuses to do it.

What I saw was a sub par second half from the entire team, the Ravens came out of the half with a ton of energy and we didn't match it.  They punched us in the face.  The better team won.  Blaming Brady alone is misguided and wrong.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Agree, but don't you think it's time Brady himself step up in the AFC title game? Why is a dinged up D, the youngesy in the leauge, more responsible? It's the same story. The offense fades or turns it over and the D is asked to play lights out for an entire half.

Isn't it time the offense pitch in?  Go look at the offense's postseason games other than going against easy Jax in 2007 or Denver in 2011. Their best outings come in the divisional round only.

That's ridiculous.

Two evenly matched playoff teams, it won't be a blow out on either side, it will either be a low scoring game or a shootout.  We took too many injuries at the end of the season, in the last game alone, that it was too much and these kids weren't ready.  They need to experience some heart break.  Frankly so do some "fans" around here...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

I have no confidence in Brady anymore. No lie. I don't.  This was such a huge game for him to bounce back from last year's collapse in the SB, the bad AFC title game, etc.

He just didn't get it done. It's become a pattern now. He seems to think they can just walk in and win games because they're at home and because they're a higher seed.

It's just baffling as to where his head goes in the postseason.

Brady isn't the problem. The Pats offense is much easier to defend when they lack a deep threat. Especially against playoff teams. And BB hasn't been able to solve that problem the past 4 years. I find it interesting that no one on this board critiques the OL. Pats fans have traditionally over-rated the OL because of Brady. The OL has progressively been giving up more sacks and QB pressures the past few years. And that's with receivers running short routes for the most part. And in the playoffs the run game disappears because of a mediocre OL. And last but certainly not least, our D is soft. After Talib went down our D collapsed like a deck of cards. And that was predictable. With our midget DB's and inconsistent pass rush, the D will always be soft. I lost confidence in BB fielding a solid D years ago. Brady is still a top 3 QB. He just needs a legitimate deep threat and some decent pass protection.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Truthfully it's been a long time since a Patriot's team had to deal with youthand learning how to win.  Posters here, fans, are spoiled from years of winning, completely spoiled.  

Check your thread title, then this statement. Also, let's not forget when they play in the PS they're not going against the AFC East.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:

I have no confidence in Brady anymore. No lie. I don't.  This was such a huge game for him to bounce back from last year's collapse in the SB, the bad AFC title game, etc.

He just didn't get it done. It's become a pattern now. He seems to think they can just walk in and win games because they're at home and because they're a higher seed.

It's just baffling as to where his head goes in the postseason.

Brady isn't the problem. The Pats offense is much easier to defend when they lack a deep threat. Especially against playoff teams. And BB hasn't been able to solve that problem the past 4 years. I find it interesting that no one on this board critiques the OL. Pats fans have traditionally over-rated the OL because of Brady. The OL has progressively been giving up more sacks and QB pressures the past few years. And that's with receivers running short routes for the most part. And in the playoffs the run game disappears because of a mediocre OL. And last but certainly not least, our D is soft. After Talib went down our D collapsed like a deck of cards. And that was predictable. With our midget DB's and inconsistent pass rush, the D will always be soft. I lost confidence in BB fielding a solid D years ago. Brady is still a top 3 QB. He just needs a legitimate deep threat and some decent pass protection.

So, the regular season All World offensive stats were, well, BUNK? Seems to me that the much heralded offense put up thes enumbers withiut a "deep threat", and didn't win a SB with one either (Moss, postseason '07). 

The OL is what it is..... protect Brady, out up numbers, go All Pro. The offense lives with the pass. If you did your homework, you'd see that Brady was tied for 5th in the least times sacked this season (27). It's more glamorous than the run, especially with Brady at the helm. Still, the Pats finished #7 in the NFL in rushing. Why run it when you have HIM back there?  They got enamoured by their passing game and let the running game die (only 6 attempts in the 2nd hald. Ah! But Brady again proved inefficient in getting the ball across the goal line. Any time Brady "has" to throw the ball 54 times, he well better complete more than 54% of his passes. This isn't happening. Welker dropped an easy one, but there were many more over and underthrown balls than drops. This time he did it the entire 2nd half, and not just in the 4th Qtr with a double digit lead. Sorry, but the OL was NOT the problem this season or Sunday (Brady wasn't sacked, and they averaged 3.9 YPC).

The DB? Yes, they are small and young. They have been gashed all season by any/all teams with a QB remotely referred to as capable. Even the "running" QB's beat them!  Injuries? Everyone gets 'em. Save that excuse for when/if the team bus crashed on the way to a stadium. Talib leaving the game? He's good, but not good enuf to cover all Raven WR's at the same time. (Check the stats; Flacco spread the passes around.)  

I beleve this most recent fiasco/disappointment was lost between the earholes.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

.. because they will be tougher, more battle hardened and playoff seasoned.  

Offensively the tightend unit of Gronk, Ballard, Huey and Fells if they keep him will be the most physical TE unit in the NFL.  This will allow Hernandez to stick to fullback and wide receiver where he is a mismatch for the entire NFL.  Our offense will be bigger, more physical and tougher.

Defense will need one more draft to round it out.  Another D tackle either the draft or via free agency would help greatly. If we could get a unit of Wilfork, player x, Love and Deaderick this would mean we could ply more three man fronts like the Ravens do and like we used to do, this would make us more stout upfront and allow Chandler and Francis to play end and outside linebacker at times. This would also allow Nincovich to go back to a more traditional outside linebacker position opposite Hightower, leaving Spikes and Mayo inside with a lot of room to roam with a bigger front in between them and the opposing O line.

In short we have to get bigger, tougher, meaner and hungrier to win, hopefully this season will give us ammo to finish Brady's career in the way it should finish.  We've been finesse for too long, expecting that to change in one season or two was probably unrealistic.  Next season can't come soon enough... bring on the draft.

Let's hope you're  a prophet.  NE always seems o be a favourite (and will be next year).  The current tem, however, talented will not do it.  The team needs some work and a new attitude.  With BB and TB still at the core of this team, can it change?  The reality is, we should have 5 rings/trophies right now.  Losing the last 2 SB's the way we did, is inexcusable really.  But I will say, the Pats are the type of team that just commands respect and is always close to winning it all.  I hope for a fourth ring at least for Brady because I respect him greatly.