Why no Media criticism of McDaniels???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Why no Media criticism of McDaniels???

From 6-0, to 8-7 and a good chance to finish 8-8 missing the playoffs....You know if the Pats were in this scenario the national media would be having a party with it...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

Re: Why no Media criticism of McDaniels???

get over it with the conspiracy cra#ola. You make regular fans cringe with this trash.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

They say that the biggest form of disrespect is getting no attention at all. I think the Broncos and Josh are at that stage right now because the media doesn't care.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I think they are benifactors off, Indy's dumb decision not to go for 16-0 and also the fall of the saints and viks as the favorite teams.  there's also so many stories with the NFC East that just talking about the broncos is not news enough to leap in front of the Cowboy or the giants crash and burn dec or how hot the Eagles are right now.

But on the other hand, he's a rookie coach.  That broncos team was terrible last year and he has improved them some.  Changing them back to the broncos of the 90s will take another year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

6-0 or not, Kyle Orton is still the QB. The fact is that with that team, going 8-8 is consider a great season, they are nowhere near ready this year. That 6-0 was all luck, should have been 4-2 without the lucky week 1 win and bs win against the Pats. The 6-0 was with extreme good luck, the 2-7 after that is with some bad luck, in the end, they are a 8-8 team pretty much.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Criticize him for what?

Overacheiving?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from STP43FAN. Show STP43FAN's posts

I'm not sure why the media hasn't been more critical of McDaniels.  He's proven no better than Shanahan - the Broncos get off to fast starts and then fade. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from STP43FAN. Show STP43FAN's posts

prairiemike - McDaniels didn't overachieve - the Broncos are no better now than they were the last four-plus years under Shanahan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I would disagree with that, STP.

I fully expected the Broncos to tank miserably this year, especially after the whole Jay Cutler fiasco. That McDaniels has been able to accomplish as much as Shanahan (one of the most experienced and respected coaches in the league), and may yet make the playoffs if the proper bizarre things happen, is a testament to his (McDaniels') coaching acumen and genealogy. The fast start raised expectectations beyond anything realistically acheivable for that team, but they're better than they were last year, and McDaniels is responsible for a lot of that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

There's nothing to criticize him about. He was one of the media's 'new things' during the first quarter of the season and when they started losing the media walked away. They had other new things to fixate on like the Saints and Colts undefeated records. Remember they were fixated on the Jests and Sunshine Sanchez first few weeks too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

If the media decided to criticize Mc D they might have to get into the reasons why they, the Bronco's, might not make the playoffs. That would mean they would have to look at the fact the Colts decision to not "play to win" may have cost them a trip to the playoffs. Then, if there was such a thing as balanced reporting, they would have to get into the discussion of whether violating an NFL bylaw ie. "all football teams will play every game to win" constitutes cheating and if so what kind of penalty does it merit. The NFL doesn't want that kind of bruhaha so it ain't gonna happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Colts conspiracy?

No, not at all.

Why do you ask?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

everything ALWAYS circles back to the Colts and how they're favored by everyone and the Pats are hated by everyone. GET OVER IT

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Do some of you watch football?

Josh-bashing has been in vogue for the media all offseason. Media hatred of BB extends to the branches on his tree. Even after they win, Jamie Dukes makes idiotic comments suggesting that they would have still been better off with Cutler.

Denver has had a brutal schedule and if they can beat the Chiefs at home they will earn a 9-7 record, which is an improvement over 2008. Moreover, his decision to dump Cutler looks like a stroke of genius.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Cuban that was in the off season. Remember the media has a memory measured in milliseconds especially when it comes to themselves. How many times over the last ten years have they switched from fawning over the Pats to trashing them within the same sentence? They need something to talk about and if there's no legitimate story they conjure up one out of thin air. They must have been elated when the Colts pulled manning then lost. It's given them hours of on screen blather this week.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bn34. Show bn34's posts

If the Pats were 8-7, of course it would be big news.  Same as if it were the Colts.  Those teams had stability and were expected to compete for SB.  Broncos a contender??????  Give me a break. 

McDaniels got blown up by media during the Cutler and Marshall off-season fiascos.  Many thought he was in over his head and was losing control.  All things considered, he's had a good year.  The trade of "franchise" qb looks pretty good now.  That organization is in transition and he's changing the culture/philosophy.  Shanny was a great coach in 90s but grew stale toward end.  All things considered, 8-7 and shot at playoffs is pretty good season.  Some bad losses balanced by some good wins (including beating the Pats).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

That would mean they would have to look at the fact the Colts decision to not "play to win" may have cost them a trip to the playoffs. 

This is the biggest hokum being talked about with regard to Indy. Denver could have just beaten Philly (or won any of half a dozen other games during the year) to maintain control of their playoff status. Trying to blame Indy because they rested their starters is ridiculous. Indy doesn't owe anything to any other team with regards to their game management just as no other team owes anything to them.

Indy messed up in a completely different way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bn34. Show bn34's posts

I agree with Enoch.  Denver has had some terrible losses 4-3 at home losing to OAK.  They controlled their destiny and blew it.  Blaming the Colts is a lame copout.  Colts earned right to do what they want although I think it was a terrible decision.  They took the easy way out and I lost a lot of respect for that organization ( I don't blame the players- this was management's decision).   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

With all Josh has had to deal with in Denver he get a B+ for the season.  He brought the right people in to change the mentality in that organization.

He's doing it with who at QB?  Cutler has been the biggest reason Josh is not getting burned in the media, if cutler would be having a probowl season 30+tds to 10- ints it would be a different story but that's not the case.
    Cutler is not the right QB for the system and Josh new that, this guy knows football.  Denver will be a contender next year and will play for the AFC title the next.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

The reason there hasnt been any criticism is due to the fact that the broncos were predicted by many "experts" to only win 3 games this year. They started out 6-0 and now they are just looking like the same old broncos.  Hot start, finish slow.

But IMO, I would have loved if McDaniels would have stayed with the Pats and been promised to be BB successor.  The thing with that is he was ready to go out on his own and not wait for that position to open.  It does not look like BB is going anywhere anytime soon and I am very grateful for that, but when the day does eventually come around hopefully the Kraft family can woo him back to NE. 

I believe he will be a great HC one day.  He has done a great job in Denver if you ask me and I probably dislike denver more than any other team in the NFL.