why not bring Edge in for a look?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

why not bring Edge in for a look?

All I hear on this board is how that's a bad idea yet the Pats were working out Maurice Hicks and other RB's correct? I hear all kinds of whining about how we need a running back and a WR and yet there are one of each out there and now it's not a good idea to bring one or both in?? Washed up or past primes maybe but at this point in the season you will get other teams trash that you MAY be able to turn into your own teams treasure. What's the harm in that? I say bring in Edge at least for a look.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: why not bring Edge in for a look?

Over/under on Edgerrin James threads is five.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Re: why not bring Edge in for a look?:
    [QUOTE]Over/under on Edgerrin James threads is five.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

..and your point is??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MacaroniFan. Show MacaroniFan's posts

I agree, bring him in for a workout. He's still good at picking up the blitz and on screen plays or short passes. He's no Peterson but his yards per carry are inline with Maroneys.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

[QUOTE] I agree, bring him in for a workout. He's still good at picking up the blitz and on screen plays or short passes. He's no Peterson but his yards per carry are inline with Maroneys.
    Posted by MacaroniFan[/QUOTE]

Did you look at stats or just throwing stuff out?  James is averaging 2.7 yards per carry this year, and the previous 3 years before this one, he was under 4 every season.  Maroney is averaging 4.3 yards per carry this year, and in 2007, his last meaningful playing time, averaged 4.5.  Maroney is a far better back than Edgerrin James at this point, and that is a testament to how utterly useless James is now.

I'd rather sign some rookie free agent from a division 2 school than Edgerrin James.  He is the definition of washed up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to why not bring Edge in for a look?:
    [QUOTE]All I hear on this board is how that's a bad idea yet the Pats were working out Maurice Hicks and other RB's correct? I hear all kinds of whining about how we need a running back and a WR and yet there are one of each out there and now it's not a good idea to bring one or both in?? Washed up or past primes maybe but at this point in the season you will get other teams trash that you MAY be able to turn into your own teams treasure. What's the harm in that? I say bring in Edge at least for a look.
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

They don't need to look. They know what he can and can't do at this point in his career and they also know that based on the fact that he was cut my one of the worst teams in the league tells the world that he has nothing left in the tank. Period.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

The Edge needs a zone blocking scheme in order to be effective and we do not run a zone blocking scheme. Not to mention the coaches on the Seahawks said that he had clearly lost a step. And incase no one saw last year during the whole Matt Cassel thing we go with the guys we have mid season. We go with the guys who know teh team, know the players, know the coaches, and know the scheme. Which is why Maroney and Law Firm are our guys till Fred Taylor gets healthy....if he gets healthy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Edge is disco.

I think what should, but won't, happen, is that the Colts should sign him to a one game contract and honor his contribution before season's end. He was a major contributor to one of the most prolific units in history.

However, he has pride, and will likely continue to shop his services, even if no one is interested.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to why not bring Edge in for a look? : They don't need to look. They know what he can and can't do at this point in his career and they also know that based on the fact that he was cut my one of the worst teams in the league tells the world that he has nothing left in the tank. Period.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

oh, so I guess what we have at RB is sooo much better that another experienced body would be detrimental?? That;'s ridiculous! They brought in an injury prone Fred Taylor who was past his prime as well as hanging onto gimpy Sammy Morris who can't stay on the field! Right, lets just stick with Law Firm and Phony Maroney and see how far that gets us. There is absolutely no harm whatsoever in bringing in James. he can only help what is already an anemic running attack

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MacaroniFan. Show MacaroniFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: why not bring Edge in for a look? : Did you look at stats or just throwing stuff out?  James is averaging 2.7 yards per carry this year, and the previous 3 years before this one, he was under 4 every season.  Maroney is averaging 4.3 yards per carry this year, and in 2007, his last meaningful playing time, averaged 4.5.  Maroney is a far better back than Edgerrin James at this point, and that is a testament to how utterly useless James is now. I'd rather sign some rookie free agent from a division 2 school than Edgerrin James.  He is the definition of washed up.
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE]

I like Maroney and thanks to a few good weeks against weeker "D"s his average is very respectable. What I like about Edge is the blocking, ablity to catch out of the backfield and experience. I like new blood at running back too but there is something to be said about expience. I know after thirty RB's production fall off and the injury bug tends to bite (look at Taylor and Morris) I just would like to see him get a work out and go from there. That doesn't cost anything and the coaches can better evaluate talent then us.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: why not bring Edge in for a look? : oh, so I guess what we have at RB is sooo much better that another experienced body would be detrimental?? That;'s ridiculous! They brought in an injury prone Fred Taylor who was past his prime as well as hanging onto gimpy Sammy Morris who can't stay on the field! Right, lets just stick with Law Firm and Phony Maroney and see how far that gets is. There is absolutely no harm whatsoever in bringing in James. he can only help what is already an anemic running attack

RB's get injured, it's not a very long career at RB because of the beating they take. That being said, i think Morris and Taylor are 10 times better than the edge,  Morris will probably be back in 4 weeks, i have not heard that he needs surgery or anything and don't rule out Taylor being ready for the playoffs. Nothing wrong with the guys we got.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: why not bring Edge in for a look? : RB's get injured, it's not a very long career at RB because of the beating they take. That being said, i think Morris and Taylor are 10 times better than the edge,  Morris will probably be back in 4 weeks, i have not heard that he needs surgery or anything and don't rule out Taylor being ready for the playoffs. Nothing wrong with the guys we got.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

"nothing wrong wiht the guys we got"?? You're kidding right?  So we wait 4 weeks for Sammy Morris to get healthy and then HOPE we have Taylor back for playoffs, that are still not a guarantee by the way. Great philosophy there. Maroney STINKS. So he shows a few flashes against some garbage teams so now he can carry the load? Law Firm is "ok" but not a number one back by any means. Now back to the injured two: When is it that Morris is ever healthy?? Fred Taylor can't be a feature back because he's too beat up. IF and that's a big IF he comes back for some kind of playoff game, how effective will he be.
    Bottom line is that the Pats need help quickly at RB. We have nothing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

When the Patriots play on sunday, instead of watching the RB's, watch the OL and then get back to me on sunday night,  were there any open running lanes or not, did LM run north/south or did he dance, same for BJGE, BB himself called out the OL this week and i think he might know a little bit more than you about how good or bad the RB's are. Your also forgetting about Faulk and Welker, both guys are used in the short pass/screen pass game which is an extension of the running game. This is not a typical offense, look outside the box. Your bitching about Morris and Taylor yet you want us to add The Edge who is dull and washed up, lets bring back Corey Dillon and Patrick Pass too, how about Sam Cunningham, i heard he can still make plays.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: why not bring Edge in for a look? : ..and your point is??

My point is that every time some washed-up has been gets cut six or 20 morons  come running in here to blather about how awesome this guy who can't play for one of the worst teams in the league would be if he simply put on a different shirt. And it's not enough that we have one retarded thread about this retarded topic, but these people are so inner-directed (and/or too lazy to peruse the board to see if maybe some other wit may have had their idea first) that we have to see thread after thread after thread addressing the same topic -- for the most recent evidence of this phenomenon, please visit any of the various Chris Chambers threads that have been polluting the board all week.

That's my point.

And my other point is that people with nothing to say should practice saying nothing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MacaroniFan. Show MacaroniFan's posts

And my other point is that people with nothing to say should practice saying nothing.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Maybe you've heard this one,if you cant say something nice dont say anything.No need to be rude, its an open forum with talk about looking/trying out a player. Thats all. None of us are going to loose sleep over if he becomes part of the team or not.Lets focus this negative energy on the Fish. Go Pats

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

OMG, please !!! Edge is done. Please no more RBs that need walkers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Edge can't block. He said so himself in AZ.

He's too slow and old.

No chance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Bring in Edge?.. Better yet, let's call Jim Brown or O.J. Simpson!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

[QUOTE]Bring in Edge?.. Better yet, let's call Jim Brown or O.J. Simpson!!
    Posted by jasonh86[/QUOTE]

Last time Edge was relevant, 1987 for the release of "The Joshua Tree"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

If we need anything in the backfield it's a real fullback.