why not challenge the gronk td??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: why not challenge the gronk td??

The offense took forever to snap the ball anyway. They would have saved a ton of time and at the very least the ball would have been inches from the goal. Brady could have easily ran a QB sneak or something like that there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

should have. would have left more time on the clock. if wrong, they prolly would have score just as quickly as they did w/o challenge.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I agree they should have challenged it. Everyone but the refs seemed to believe it was a touchdown  as it happened. They then wasted nearly 30 seconds to get the next play off. The offense seemed to expect a challenge to come, perhaps that is why they were so slow getting the play off. They would not have lost the time out any way since it seemed to clearly be a touchdown to even the announcers who thought they should have challenged it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

and another thing that was mind boggling, 3 straight plays from the half yard line and they call THREE STRAIGHT PASS PLAYS?, you have lawfirm and faulk, two guys capable of running it in off the snap.. and had that db not been called for the holding on gronk, we wouldnt have even scored on that drive cuz brady threw that pic!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

onside kick was brutal to watch and i disagree with the call, but its just the result of the d giving up 1st down after 1st down all game long

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

bergzilla, you would be right with that opinion, except for one thing...they DID have time, they took their sweet time before getting that play off after the gronk catch, plenty of time to get the signal for the red flag

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i agree with you Ridingwiththeking, but the thing that was horrible about the d was that they were playing way too far off the receivers and giving them huge chunks, they had so many chances on 3rd and long to get off the field and they just didnt, that was painful to watch. i was impressed with the adjustments they made in the 2nd half, you cant expect more than what they did in only allowing 6 points in the 2nd half.. the offense was worse by far, with all the firepower on this offense, 23 points should be nothing, they should be able to get that in the first half

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

haha my fault on the spelling, didnt realize that typo..good catch though

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

why not challenge the gronk td??

just wondering how you feel on this.. there is really no downside to throwing the flag there. 1. you slow down the game and give time for the offense to get the right call in even if its not called a td. 2. there has to be someone upstairs who saw that and needs to send the signal to challenge it, and it was indisputibly a touchdown. 3. even if you were to lose a timeout, if they were planning to onside kick it, the timeouts wouldnt be as important anyway. and yes they scored a td anyway, but that 1:30 in the clock was HUGE in the result of this game..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanJoe. Show MeanJoe's posts

Poor coaching?  No on field video man?  Hard to tell.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In Response to why not challenge the gronk td??:
    [QUOTE]just wondering how you feel on this.. there is really no downside to throwing the flag there. 1. you slow down the game and give time for the offense to get the right call in even if its not called a td. 2. there has to be someone upstairs who saw that and needs to send the signal to challenge it, and it was indisputibly a touchdown. 3. even if you were to lose a timeout, if they were planning to onside kick it, the timeouts wouldnt be as important anyway. and yes they scored a td anyway, but that 1:30 in the clock was HUGE in the result of this game..
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Obviously if it was reviewed it would have been over-turned and left more time on the clock.
    Just another poor decision by the coaching staff like the one to try the on-side kick with 3 timeouts and the 2 min. warning instead of kicking it away. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Dumb as the onside kick. They didn't deserve to win the game. Period.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanJoe. Show MeanJoe's posts

In Response to Re: why not challenge the gronk td??:
    [QUOTE]Dumb as the onside kick. They didn't deserve to win the game. Period.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Onside kick wasn't so dumb, kicking it 7 yards was.  You think putting in the hands of that horrible D would have been any better?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

not enough time to see replay and didnt want to waste a TO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I was expecting a quick QB sneak, what I got was 35 seconds of confused idiocy, followed by a loss of yardage.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to why not challenge the gronk td??:
    [QUOTE]just wondering how you feel on this.. there is really no downside to throwing the flag there. 1. you slow down the game and give time for the offense to get the right call in even if its not called a td. 2. there has to be someone upstairs who saw that and needs to send the signal to challenge it, and it was indisputibly a touchdown. 3. even if you were to lose a timeout, if they were planning to onside kick it, the timeouts wouldnt be as important anyway. and yes they scored a td anyway, but that 1:30 in the clock was HUGE in the result of this game..
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

what is an escuse?  I'm challenging your spelling!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phillipston. Show Phillipston's posts

I thought the new rule was that all TD's are reviewable.  Perhaps Bill was waiting for a review from the booth.  I didn't see the play.  If I'm wwrong, BB was wrong for not stopping the playclock at least, damn the TO.