Why Not Show Passion?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Why Not Show Passion?

My god, he means he has a passion to be something other than a DL coach. When he and the current DC were up for the DC job, the other guy won it. Peppers is saying he wants to be a Head Coach, his passion for the game is that desire to make a name for himself.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

It could be that after 26 years in the same system his passion was gone. He wasn't learning and growing. I think it is more about a change of scenery and new learning that will allow his passion to shine thru. 

Maybe BB and he knew and agreed this was best for Pepper. Why does it have to be a conflict/struggle of wills or resentment fueled departure.

BB is his coach and friend, he said that. Could it be that BB knows he needs to leave to grow?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

My god, he means he has a passion to be something other than a DL coach. When he and the current DC were up for the DC job, the other guy won it. Peppers is saying he wants to be a Head Coach, his passion for the game is that desire to make a name for himself.

[/QUOTE]

Phatty is a Jets fan, why bother responding?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Obviously any honest person has to raise an eyebrow at a statement like that from a guy who was with BB for 23 years and considers him a good friend.

Something is clearly not right there. There is absolutely no reason to put it that way if the situation was not somehow screwed up.

Pees said some similar veiled things and Mangini went so far as to stab him in the back.

Did Dante say anything good about BB when he retired?

Did O'Brien have anything good to say? Charlie? Romeo?

Something, though shrouded,  seems rotten in Denmark.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Besides, several players have said that BB doesn't care for letting players be themselves. They're told to behave a certain way, say canned things.  IMO, the Patriot players don't appear to be as demonstrative on the field - emotionless.  Talib and Spikes are the only two off the top of my head who display any kind of passion/emotion on the field. Look at how Ocho was while he was here. Welker made comments about BB shortly after he left.

[/QUOTE]

That's what control freaks do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

Interesting comment by Pepper Johnson

"There’s definitely a love, and I don’t even have to mention the respect that I have for him. Bill, it was tough for him, tough for me to walk away, but by the same token, he knows the passion that I have for the game. And I could not do that there with the Patriots. I needed to come out here and bring a Super Bowl championship to Buffalo.

This may be one area where there is a perceived difference between BB and Carroll.  Carroll has the reputation for letting players be themselves.  BB has the reputation of being a disciplinarian - do your job - follow the mantra kind of guy. 

I'm sure there are pros/cons for each.  I sure would mind seeing more passion from the players when they're playing. Who doesn't get pumped after someone lays a great hit.

[/QUOTE]

Notice he didn't want to go play for your loser coach Rexy or your pinhead owner. Says a lot about your team that the Bills are considered a better option.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Obviously any honest person has to raise an eyebrow at a statement like that from a guy who was with BB for 23 years and considers him a good friend.

Something is clearly not right there. There is absolutely no reason to put it that way if the situation was not somehow screwed up.

Pees said some similar veiled things and Mangini went so far as to stab him in the back.

In case you were curious here is Dante on BB:

On Bill Belichick being the best coach he’s worked with: “There’€™s no doubt about it, he’€™s an extraordinary head coach. He’€™s very, very tough. He’€™s forthright. I think he has a way — you’€™ll never be able to experience this — but if you ever sat in our squad meetings and listened to the way he teaches how he wants the game played every week, particular to the opponent that we’€™re playing, you would have a tremendous appreciation for the way this guy is.

“I think, personally, I think he’€™s a very easy guy to work for because you always know what he wants. … All you have to do is give him what he wants and then it becomes easy. If you don’€™t give him what he wants then it gets a little rough. He’€™s always defined our program as not an easy program to be a part of and it isn’€™t because there’€™s a lot demanded of him, but they all listen and they all buy into it, and those that don’€™t have a hard time.”

Yeah everyone really hates that BB guy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from phatcatvirginbuttbuster45. Show phatcatvirginbuttbuster45's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Interesting comment by Pepper Johnson

"There’s definitely a love, and I don’t even have to mention the respect that I have for him. Bill, it was tough for him, tough for me to walk away, but by the same token, he knows the passion that I have for the game. And I could not do that there with the Patriots. I needed to come out here and bring a Super Bowl championship to Buffalo.

This may be one area where there is a perceived difference between BB and Carroll.  Carroll has the reputation for letting players be themselves.  BB has the reputation of being a disciplinarian - do your job - follow the mantra kind of guy. 

I'm sure there are pros/cons for each.  I sure would mind seeing more passion from the players when they're playing. Who doesn't get pumped after someone lays a great hit.

[/QUOTE]

Notice he didn't want to go play for your loser coach Rexy or your pinhead owner. Says a lot about your team that the Bills are considered a better option.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't know, as I'm not a Jet fan - so, your comment isn't applicable. 

[/QUOTE]

BUST-CHISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you think I wouldn't do my job for this board and let them know you are the one and only BUST-CHISE, the world’s biggest and most ridiculous NY Jets Troll? That you hunt for the backsides of your neighbors kitties at night? That you carry an old rag, a torn up Mark Sanchez Jets T-Shirt, and a bottle of chloroform which you use to incapacitate your young feline victims and that it's the reason you call this BUST-CHISE persona "Phat Virgin"?

You will be known whenever you come here….this I swear to this board….the NY Jets are the worst franchise in the history of the NFL…44 years of laughable failure and ridicule, like Kellen “Vaseline Jazz Hands” Winslow….RUB-A-DUB-DUB, BUST-CHISE, RUB -A--DUB-DUB

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In case you were curious here is Dante on BB:

On Bill Belichick being the best coach he’s worked with: “There’€™s no doubt about it, he’€™s an extraordinary head coach. He’€™s very, very tough. He’€™s forthright. I think he has a way — you’€™ll never be able to experience this — but if you ever sat in our squad meetings and listened to the way he teaches how he wants the game played every week, particular to the opponent that we’€™re playing, you would have a tremendous appreciation for the way this guy is.

“I think, personally, I think he’€™s a very easy guy to work for because you always know what he wants. … All you have to do is give him what he wants and then it becomes easy. If you don’€™t give him what he wants then it gets a little rough. He’€™s always defined our program as not an easy program to be a part of and it isn’€™t because there’€™s a lot demanded of him, but they all listen and they all buy into it, and those that don’€™t have a hard time.”

Yeah everyone really hates that BB guy.

[/QUOTE]

^^

This

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Who knows how most players feel.  I've only met one Patriots player in person.  He's a friend of a relative of mine and was at a cook-out at my relative's house. I asked this player (now ex-player--he's retired with his three Super Bowl rings) what it was like to play for Belichick.  He raved about him as a coach.  Just one player's opinion, of course, but it was in a casual situation where he had no reason to hide how he really felt, so I believe it was true.