Why they are here................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Why they are here................

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

rkarp, how do you think the Jets would play if events led them to hire Tom Coughlin as coach in the offseason? I still think the lack of a QB hurts them, even though I respect Coughlin alot.

[/QUOTE]

I dont see Idzek doing a hire like Coughlin, but always thought it was a good thing to follow a "players coach" with a "stricter coach" and vice versa.

I actually see the team playing hard for Rex, and his defense is tough as usual. With a couple more players, this will be a formidable defense.

The best thing for Geno is Marty Morning (Sanchez would have been better with him as well). Geno needs continuity, and they need a vet behind him and in relief of him...even a QB such as Cassel would be perfect for them.

3 things make me nervous about the Jets...

-Rex ALWAYS has his team vey ready to play the PAts. If he returns, it will continue to be a war. I actually think Miami and Buff have more talent than the Jets, but BB coaches circles around them. But Rex always is a tough out for the Pats. If he is replaced, and Lovie or Bevell or OB come in, I am not as concerned

-Idzek is very smart. He is the rght guy for the job

-They have $40M to spend on free agents. I am very sure that Idzek does not go out and make a Mario Williams signing. He will methodically upgrade that middle class depth with the $40M 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

rkarp, how do you think the Jets would play if events led them to hire Tom Coughlin as coach in the offseason? I still think the lack of a QB hurts them, even though I respect Coughlin alot.

[/QUOTE]

I dont see Idzek doing a hire like Coughlin, but always thought it was a good thing to follow a "players coach" with a "stricter coach" and vice versa.

I actually see the team playing hard for Rex, and his defense is tough as usual. With a couple more players, this will be a formidable defense.

The best thing for Geno is Marty Morning (Sanchez would have been better with him as well). Geno needs continuity, and they need a vet behind him and in relief of him...even a QB such as Cassel would be perfect for them.

3 things make me nervous about the Jets...

-Rex ALWAYS has his team vey ready to play the PAts. If he returns, it will continue to be a war. I actually think Miami and Buff have more talent than the Jets, but BB coaches circles around them. But Rex always is a tough out for the Pats. If he is replaced, and Lovie or Bevell or OB come in, I am not as concerned

-Idzek is very smart. He is the rght guy for the job

-They have $40M to spend on free agents. I am very sure that Idzek does not go out and make a Mario Williams signing. He will methodically upgrade that middle class depth with the $40M 

[/QUOTE]

Here's the issue... Geno Smith can't read defenses. He holds on to the ball way to long because he doesn't understand what he is seeing from opposing defenses. The evidence lies in his sack total and INT total.

If the jets were smart they would admit their mistake ASAP and move on from Smith... if not they will continue on down the road of mediocrity regardless of what free agents they bring in. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

They have $40M in cap space available. 

Idzek will use that for the middle class of the roster

I prefer Rex to Bevell, Lovie or OB who I am hearing are top 3 candidates. I understand Houston interviewed Lovie last week to maybe beat the Jets to the punch. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Coughlin ain't going to the Jets and nowhere else either...when he leaves the Jints he is spending time with the grandkids

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Jim Morrison sang it best to describe the NY sports scene

"When the music's over.........turn out the lights............turn out the lights.............turn out the lights.............."

Giants         5 - 9

Jets             6 - 8

Nets           9 - 16

Knicks        8 - 17

Sabers       9 - 23

Rangers     16 - 17

Devils         14 - 15

Islanders    9 - 19

Three sports.....8 Teams.....Not ONE winning record....

No wonder they troll TITLE TOWN !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many of these trolls are transplanted New Yorkers, living in New England -- either for jobs or for education.  Even with NY teams' winning records, we can expect the trolls on the various Boston sports forums because this is where smart, knowledeable fans gather and exchange opinions, insights, knowledge, etc. which are not available in the media market capital!

Red Sox 2013 World Series Champs.  Patriots 2014 Super Bowl Champs???!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtwZQvDieec

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

[QUOTE]

"When the music's over.........turn out the lights............turn out the lights.............turn out the lights.............."

Giants         5 - 9

Jets             6 - 8

Nets           9 - 16

Knicks        8 - 17

Sabers       9 - 23

Rangers     16 - 17

Devils         14 - 15

Islanders    9 - 19

I wonder how many of these trolls are transplanted New Yorkers, living in New England -- either for jobs or for education.  Even with NY teams' winning records, we can expect the trolls on the various Boston sports forums because this is where smart, knowledeable fans gather and exchange opinions, insights, knowledge, etc. which are not available in the media market capital!

[/QUOTE]

keep it to sports. Don't embarrass urself and Boston by comparing it to New York in any other way shape or form...as Steve Austin (WWE) said KNOW YOUR ROLL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Giants         5 - 9

Jets             6 - 8

Nets           9 - 16

Knicks        8 - 17

Sabers       9 - 23

Rangers     16 - 17

Devils         14 - 15

Islanders    9 - 19

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

keep it to sports. Don't embarrass urself and Boston by comparing it to New York in any other way shape or form...as Steve Austin (WWE) said KNOW YOUR ROLL

[/QUOTE]

So in order to refute another posters opinion regarding non-sports comparisons between Boston and NY you use a quote from a person who plays in a weekly soap opera. This would seem to be laugable taken at face value but the coup de gras is your incorrect usage of the word "roll". Unless that is you were asking about his knowledge regarding bread or sushi.

Perhaps it is you who might not want to "embarrass urself".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Giants         5 - 9

Jets             6 - 8

Nets           9 - 16

Knicks        8 - 17

Sabers       9 - 23

Rangers     16 - 17

Devils         14 - 15

Islanders    9 - 19

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So in order to refute another posters opinion regarding non-sports comparisons between Boston and NY you use a quote from a person who plays in a weekly soap opera. This would seem to be laugable taken at face value but the coup de gras is your incorrect usage of the word "roll". Unless that is you were asking about his knowledge regarding bread or su

Perhaps it is you who might not want to "embarrass urself".

[/QUOTE]

haha good catch jiri! Ok know your ROLE...of course the rest of my points in this asinine thread still stand