Why Watch This Weekend?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonGlory. Show BostonGlory's posts

Why Watch This Weekend?

It's the Jets and the Colts, the 2 most hated NFL teams among Boston Sports fans.

If the Jets win, it puts a New York Team in the Super Bowl. If the Colts win, it gives Peyton Manning a depressingly easy road to the Super Bowl without having to go through the Chargers.

Really, it's a no-win situation for Boston Sports fans. So why watch? What else is on? And what better things can we do with our time on Sunday afternoon?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Why Watch This Weekend?

If you like FOOTBALL, why not watch?  Are you basically saying if the Patriots aren't on TV, you NEVER watch another NFL game? 

Football fans like football, and in my opinion, watch for the sake of enjoying the sport.  You can watch without feeling anything for the teams on the tube and for the curiosity of seeing a good game.  Using your logic, this would make the SB the least watched game in the country because only two teams are playing for which only their fans have an interest. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonGlory. Show BostonGlory's posts

Fair point.

Usually, I'd agree with you. Even when the Patriots are not playing as long as I can still root for at least one team I still enjoy watching football games.

But I hate the Rex Ryan's Jets with a passion, and I hate Peton Manning's Colts with a passion. It's almost like the Yankees playing the Mets in the World Series.

That's why I simply cannot bring myself to watch the AFC Championship on Sunday. And I'm sure many Patriots fans feel the same way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I love sports, plain and simple. I hate these loser who think their more of a fan than someone because how much hate they have for the Yankees and Jets. It makes me sick seeing the Yanks in SB, but appreciate and respect Jeter and 'Mo. And its the samething for me at least, with Manning. I really dont understand why Pats fans hate him so much, it seems like their trying to hard to do so. Listen I never "root" for him, but its the same with him as with DJ. If anything I thinks its jealousy, I argue about 12 with my friends all the time. I think Brady is a great QB, top 3 easy the last 10 years, but greatest of all time? When your talking about pure QB's, reading D's, footwork, leadership, making all the throws etc, how can you not like the guy(Manning). Sorry it really seems a little to commercial for me. And when your talking about teams you hate, Colts shouldnt be in the top 5(if your a real fan lol) Yankees, Lakers, Jets, Canadians, 'Fins, maybe not in that order, but Colts dont come near any of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

its def possible to be a sports nut and have a girl. especially if she likes the game.

as for this game. heres my interest.

It would be the most embarrasing loss in colts history to lose a rookie QB and rookie HC that they could have easily eliminated, but did not because they did not want to go for perfection.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Because football is about to be done until September so enjoy anything you can. I love baseball and the hip-hop league that is the NBA but come on, NFL is king!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

There are only three games left, why would you miss one? I am not a fan of either team either, and as much as I dislike saying it, I'm rooting for the jets this weekend. I don't ever want to see Manning in another superbowl, and just think how embarassing it would be for them to be knocked out by the team that only got in because they laid down. Poetic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

BGloryHole has a thing for NY teams...a little obsessed are we?? Anyway, even if the Jets lose they are still worth watching and I will still be very happy about how a ROOKIE coach and a ROOKIE QB made it a lot farther than the cadavar coach and still very good but looks a bit old QB on your team

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Why watch?

Ask yourself this:

Why did the Colts pull their starters after a half against this team, claiming they wanted to "protect" them, only to play them the following week in a blizzard (against a less fearsome defense) in order to pad a few guys' meaningless stats?

I'll tell you why.

Because against Green New Jersey, there is a very real possibility that Manning will end up on his @ss repeatedly, and even if it is the Jets putting him there, as a Pats fan, you want to see that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I'm watching so I can laugh at the Colts, when the team they let into the Playoffs, kicks them out of the Playoffs. Then I'll watch the Superbowl to watch the Jets get manhandled by the NFC team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Why watch?

Ask yourself this:  Why would the Colts take their starters out of a game against this very defense, only to run them back out there the following week in a raging blizzard (against a less fearsome defense) so that a couple of them could pad their meaningless stats?

I'll tell you why:  Because these guys offer up the potential of laying Peyton Manning out on his @ss and, as a Pats fan, you want to see that, even if it is Green New Jersey laying the wood.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Can it get any worse? Bretty Boop, Yokel Brain and the bleeping Jerks all still alive for a Super Bowl berth. I guess that means I'll be "rooting" for the Saints.
    And by the way...

"If the Jets win, it puts a New York Team in the Super Bowl."

How can a Jets victory put the Buffalo Bills in the Super Bowl?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dplav. Show dplav's posts

this is a win win weekend .one of the two teams I hate will get beat.jets or colts yesss.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ironman11. Show ironman11's posts

I can't see why you guys hate New York teams. I just watched the history of the AFL. They said the Patriots were the only team that used to play on Fridays because they couldn't compete with the Giants on TV because all the New Englanders watched the Giants on Sunday back then.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"I can't see why you guys hate New York teams."

I don't hate Buffalo. They've cooperated 13 times in a row.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

What do you mean without having to go through San Diego? The Chargers are garbage.

Let's just root for the NFC this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I don't know why you're being so hard on San Dago, fitz . . .

In the last few years (but for one pre-packaged and gift-wrapped Super Bowl victory) the Bolts are right there, neck-and-neck with the Colts for supremacy of the meaningless regular season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ironman11. Show ironman11's posts

otherwise it would be the Foxboro Patriots.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

to see this

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"Give it a rest, Yapple.  I've never seen someone care so much about where a team plays their games.  They're called the NEW YORK Jets so who cares if they play in NJ, they're a New York team whether you like it or not."

The Jerks and Giants are called New York because the New Jersey Sports And Exposition Authority, in its haste to bend over for those teams and enable them to escape the New York urban and fiscal jungle and have a civilized location and stadium where they could make buckets of money, permitted them to keep the New York in their names. This wasn't good enough for the graduates of the Pat Summerall School Of Broadcasting. They must remind viewers, at every opportunity, that the Jerks and the holy Giants are still playing in sacred New York. The fans are New York fans. The players are New York players. And no, this isn't "state pride". It's the geography stupid. It's a mistake every time one of them says New York. It's a mistake when "Jaws" leers at the camera with his rosy red cheeks, practically drooling all over himself, and declares very slowly and firmly that "the Jets play in New York and the Jets practice in New York" as if to say..."this is utter nonsense but everyone says it so I can get away with it even tho it's absolute horse hockey". It's a mistake when the great genius Bill Walsh says, in all seriousness, that he can't understand why there isn't a greater rivalry between the Giants and the Bills...after all..."they both play in the same state." And furthermore...I don't intend to give it a rest.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

By hating both the Jets and the Colts indiscriminately you fail to miss the best storyline here: a team the Colts allowed into the playoffs when they turned their back on the undefeated season is back to haunt them. While there is every reason to expect the Colts to win tomorrow, the Jets victory would be a great underdog win and proof that the Football Gods are paying attention. For the rest of their franchise history, the Colts can then look back on the woulda/coulda/shouldas of that missed opportunity at perfection. 

Meantime, if the Jets pull off that improbable victory, you can always root for them to get spanked in the Super Bowl.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SettleDown. Show SettleDown's posts

I'm down with the Jets upsetting the Colts, then getting drilled by the Saints.
    This year, that's the best I can hope for.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

I'll watch the game to only see Manning get sacked, more explicitly drilled. The older I get the more I dislike him. If the Colts win then hopefully Manning will hobble into the SB against the likely Saints, and get knocked down a few more times!!

I love this game!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Colts win today, then get the sh*t kicked out of them by the Saints. Archie (useless) Manning, that played for the Saints and could never win anything, had the b*lls to dictate to the world who could/could not draft his aroggant kids.

Now that's poetic justice!!!!!