Why's Taylor price inactive

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from civic82brit4112. Show civic82brit4112's posts

Why's Taylor price inactive

?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Why's Taylor price inactive

It's really because the Pats only dress 5 WRs for game day.

Moss Welker and Tate are locks to be active. 

Slater is a lock because he plays STs, that leaves Price and Edelman and Edelman can PR and KR. Edelman is more valuable than Price, so Edelman gets the nod over Price. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Why's Taylor price inactive:
    [QUOTE]Not that Tate is providing much impact as a receiver this year either.
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

There are people who don't know what they are talking about and then there are people who REALLY don't know what they are talking about. Guess which one you are...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

[QUOTE]Not that Tate is providing much impact as a receiver this year either.
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

you know any of these new wide outs have to be given a chance. at least throw them the "rock" on a consistent basis(IN A GAME). hell, peyton manning does it, why not Tom Brady?  I don't know why they draft these guys and for some reason they don't get the opportunity to prove themselves. there was a time when they had rookies like david givens and deion branch who WERE green as any rookie can be, but they got the opportunities. maybe ego is reason why? same reason why they ran Torry Holt out of town.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I didn't think he was all the impressive in preseason.  I think they probably feel he needs more time to hone his skills and learn the offense.  Also, the game plan Sunday probably called more for underneath routes than deep routes, which would make a slot guy like Edelman more attractive for the Jets game than a wideout like Price.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

I was watching Patriots All Access and there was a segment on the WR coach. You see him complementing Taylor Price on putting together his best practices yet. So here is hoping price might be right and hit the field soon

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

He hasn't grasped the playbook yet and all intricacies of the audibles and the route tree.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Taylor Price is on the roster because 31 other teams would snap him up if he went on waivers.  He will someday be a great blocking WR, impossible to jam because of his arm strength, with lateral acceleration something close to Wes Welker and with burner speed too.  He has potential.

For now Price is a stupid rook who learned nothing about the pro game in college.  He can't change up his route if the blitz is coming.  He doesn't know how to play special teams yet, he probably can't keep his lane on kickoffs.

The rook is clearly behind Welker, Edelman, Deion Branch and Tate.   Edelman was already a middle-of-the-pack receiver in his rookie year and he can return punts.  Hernandez can play third wideout too, ok he's kind of heavy for a wideout but he will never be jammed by a cornerback, he catches passes just fine and then he puts the lumber on the free safety after the catch, which BB likes to see.  Worse, BB is often happy playing with run-blocking tight ends Crumpler and Gronkowski, both of whom make the running game real.  The bulky formation takes considerable pressure off of Brady and puts it on the opponent.  In sum, BB doesn't need another wideout on the field right now.  He has other weaknesses to shore up.

Slater at least is not a rookie.  Slater now does the basics right, even if he's a bit short and weak.  Slater is also an emergency nickel back. 

That said, I assume that someday Price will be in.  Which week?  Who knows.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"maybe ego is reason why? same reason why they ran Torry Holt out of town."

Holt hurt his knee genius.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Umm, when Edelman is barely used due to the TE packages, why would Price be used?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Price was drafted because of his measurables and he came from a system where the WR has to block.  The college system that he came from is the culprit here.  He has to learn route running and reads at the pro level.  Something he knows very little about since he didn't go much of it at the college level.  Patience is the key with Price.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I think Edelman will eventually be the odd man out. Right now he's insurance against Welker's knee.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am not buying he is only insurance for Welker. He's their 3rd string QB and Hernandez's ascension has made him less involved.

He's still the 4th WR.

He's also really more of a viable option as the punt returner.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

BB doesn't feel he can help the team win today.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Taylor Price is on the roster because 31 other teams would snap him up if he went on waivers.  He will someday be a great blocking WR, impossible to jam because of his arm strength, with lateral acceleration something close to Wes Welker and with burner speed too.  He has potential. For now Price is a stupid rook who learned nothing about the pro game in college.  He can't change up his route if the blitz is coming.  He doesn't know how to play special teams yet, he probably can't keep his lane on kickoffs. The rook is clearly behind Welker, Edelman, Deion Branch and Tate.   Edelman was already a middle-of-the-pack receiver in his rookie year and he can return punts.  Hernandez can play third wideout too, ok he's kind of heavy for a wideout but he will never be jammed by a cornerback, he catches passes just fine and then he puts the lumber on the free safety after the catch, which BB likes to see.  Worse, BB is often happy playing with run-blocking tight ends Crumpler and Gronkowski, both of whom make the running game real.  The bulky formation takes considerable pressure off of Brady and puts it on the opponent.  In sum, BB doesn't need another wideout on the field right now.  He has other weaknesses to shore up. Slater at least is not a rookie.  Slater now does the basics right, even if he's a bit short and weak.  Slater is also an emergency nickel back.  That said, I assume that someday Price will be in.  Which week?  Who knows.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Good, comprehensive explanation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

RELAX....don't read so much into Price not playing yet...he came from a runheavy offense & in that he showed tremendous upside for his limited role...He's more of a project at this stage & going through a HUGE learning curve..Pats got a good taste of what it's like to put a YOUNG INEXPERIENCED WR out there in Chad Jackson....they want to groom him correctly & not shatter his confidence...He's more a red shirt product this year getting tons of practice, input from coaches & teammates & learning the system...Pats got PLENTY of WR talent hitting the field & there is no need to put him out there yet...sooooo RELAX on the Taylor Price topic & enjoy what we have & let the guy develop...
    GO PATRIOTS

DO you really think Bill would keep him on the Bench if he was actually more prepared & better than who's out there now...I mean Edelman hardly sees the field & he's played awesome when given the chance...& Brady has way more of a history with Branch & Tate at this time...absolutly no reason to play him at this time

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

yeah i just revived this thread because of what i saw on all access and i think he might be active today

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]yeah i just revived this thread because of what i saw on all access and i think he might be active today
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE] Actually I don't think he will be active as Branch was just announced as being active.