Wild Card Weekend Games Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Wild Card Weekend Games Thread

SD is so stupid, didn't they know the bungles would stack the line

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

poor play call....never go wide on the goal line

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

don't chargers have a big power back they can hand off to at the goal line

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if they strap woodhead to ronnie browns shoulders and form a master blaster! 

[/QUOTE]

LOL. funniest post of the day

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The Pats would beat the chargers and the bengals.....at the same time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

I do think the colts are a better matchup for the pats than the bengsls  but mike reiss has been saying that the colts are the team to avoid because of the Andrew luck factor- and he is usually pretty spot on

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

SD is so stupid, didn't they know the bungles would stack the line

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that play never had a chance. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kevin13130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Meaningless hypothetical:

Do you guys think Keenan Allen (drafted in 3rd round) would have had a better year than Aaron Dobson (drafted in 2nd round) if Allen were with the Pats?

[/QUOTE]

How many rookie receivers have done well with our complex offense? Plus, in this hypothetical does allen crack his foot like dobby did?

[/QUOTE]

Not many, which is why it's an intriguing question. Allen looks very good in SD and is a rookie of the year candidate, but you wonder if he'd perform well in our offense.

Regarding the injury, that's a fair question. Again, that's why this is a meaningless question.

It just makes me wonder if our system is TOO complex. It can work well when we bring in some veteran guys who "get it", but I wonder if we're missing out on a lot of talented receivers by only selecting out young guys who can grasp the system.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to Blgrane's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

maybe we should have been rooting for the Bungles

[/QUOTE]

how did the Pats lose to them in the first place??

[/QUOTE]

Hurricane moved in and I'm guessing Ridley probably had a fumble and back then when the rookie WR were actually on the field they were dropping everything thrown their way. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I have now watched 6 quarterbacks play poorly this post season, yet the village idiot claims Brady  "craps down his leg" in the post season. Picture Brady throwing to the guys Dalton is throwing to right now. Dalton doesn't even get it in the same zip code as his targets. Laughable. Rivers hasn't had to make a single throw a high school quarterback couldn't today. Last night Drew Brees did nothing and his team won. Luck - who is being talked up today like he invented the football - threw 3 picks yesterday. Three! 

I'll take Brady.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I do think the colts are a better matchup for the pats than the bengsls  but mike reiss has been saying that the colts are the team to avoid because of the Andrew luck factor- and he is usually pretty spot on

[/QUOTE]

their D stinks... besides if NE has any hope of being home for 2 games SD is a better candidate to beat denver in denver than indy is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah the Colts have the Luck factor, but a bad bad defense

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have now watched 6 quarterbacks play poorly this post season, yet the village idiot claims Brady  "craps down his leg" in the post season. Picture Brady throwing to the guys Dalton is throwing to right now. Dalton doesn't even get it in the same zip code as his targets. Laughable. Rivers hasn't had to make a single throw a high school quarterback couldn't today. Last night Drew Brees did nothing and his team won. Luck - who is being talked up today like he invented the football - threw 3 picks yesterday. Three! 

I'll take Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah the douchbag was still ripping our QB just a few pages back.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hurricane moved in and I'm guessing Ridley probably had a fumble and back then when the rookie WR were actually on the field they were dropping everything thrown their way. 

[/QUOTE]

lol good guess no ridley didn't play that game. blount did have a crucial fumble when we were driving though. also we had first and goal from the 1 in the early 4th and settled for 3 after MCD called 3 pass plays. and the hurricane screwed us

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Luck threw 3 picks in a dome.  Can't wait to see him play in NE in January.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Meaningless hypothetical:

Do you guys think Keenan Allen (drafted in 3rd round) would have had a better year than Aaron Dobson (drafted in 2nd round) if Allen were with the Pats?

[/QUOTE]

How many rookie receivers have done well with our complex offense? Plus, in this hypothetical does allen crack his foot like dobby did?

[/QUOTE]

Not many, which is why it's an intriguing question. Allen looks very good in SD and is a rookie of the year candidate, but you wonder if he'd perform well in our offense.

Regarding the injury, that's a fair question. Again, that's why this is a meaningless question.

It just makes me wonder if our system is TOO complex. It can work well when we bring in some veteran guys who "get it", but I wonder if we're missing out on a lot of talented receivers by only selecting out young guys who can grasp the system.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ive asked the same question before.Even in the curious case of chad Johnson,  he clearly couldn't grasp our system, but when he played(which was only 25% of the snaps, he averaged 18.4 ypc which was top 5 in the league that year.  I wished we would have dumbed things down for him a bit and just had him run routes he was used to... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

man what's that smell.......Dalton

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Andy Dalton getting abused like a red headed stepchild

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

lol that is the only reason playing the bengals sounded nice. dalton plays for our team on some plays. hahaha

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Dalton is blowing this game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Andy Dalton is the Tony Romo of the AFC when it comes to big games...except I would rather have Romo as my QB than Dalton.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

the red ripple misfires

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Want to see how much of clock Charges use.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And we decided to throw 38 times in that hurricane,  with brand new receivers. Almost got Brady killed. Ridley benched, but Blount ran well, just didn't use him much.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

My god Dalton sucks! He's throwing to guys that are tall, fast, young and good, yet he still can't make a decision or consistently put the ball where it needs to be! I've seen him sail the ball on four different occasions today and his freakish targets saved his butt. I'll give him that long ball in the first half, but Jones also ran that thing perfectly.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll take Brady.

[/QUOTE]

I thought both Smith and Luck played well.  Smith had the fumble and intentional grounding, but overall it was a very strong performance.  Luck did have the interceptions, but overall he was extremely good I thought. 

Foles, Brees, and Rivers were mediocre.

Dalton is having a bad game.