Wilfolk Gone?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from airrick16. Show airrick16's posts

Wilfolk Gone?

Okay we all know athletes are overpaid, BUT in my opinion Wilfolk was the best, most dominant player on the team last year. Without him the defense goes from above average (very good against run), to one of the worst in the league.
    It's that simple. If you want to be competitive, sign him. Franchise him and you alieniate him, ensuring his departure and you still have a hole to fill when this happens.
    When I look at their roster, aside from Brady I dont know who they're spending their money on. This is probably crazy, but I have a feeling the Pats were paying guys retroactively in order to stockpile talent for their Superbowl run; like the 49ers did during the Bill Walsh era. And maybe they're still paying past salaries under the table. Or more likely they're just spending the money on another shopping mall outside Gillette Stadium. Perhaps, a PF Chang's would be great?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Wilfolk Gone?

Franchise him and the odds are they will have to trade him.  They can't let him walk that would be stupid!  It would be nice to give him an extension that he accepts, but that odds of that are slim!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Coming up on a week thursday and no tag, hmmmm somethings cooking

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Kansas, I think you might be right.  If they were trying to trade VW they would have franchise him by now.  I think they are trying to work something out with him.  I think it will go down to the final hour if they have to franchise him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

My guess is they work something out but if not they will franchise him and trade him. I hope they work it out he is a piece we have so to speak. I have to guess they are working on something or they would have tagged him already.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The patriots are not going to release The Fork. They might work a deal monetarilly but it would have to be a deal thats heavily in the favor of the team. That leaves the only logical conclussion,franchise him and if he doesn't except the franchise number trade him. There really is no middle ground in this case especially when the entire Wilfork family says that they are monitoring the Free Agent market too determine what his worth is,meaning that they don't want a drunken Placekicker getting almost as much money as their fat boy!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"If they were trying to trade VW they would have franchise him by now."

People who keep posting this same stuff don't understand how the Franchise Tag works.  They cannot trade Vince unless he signs the franchise tender at this point.  Just because they tag him does not mean they can trade his rights to any team they please.  It would have to be a cooperative effort between Vince and the Pats for him to be traded. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

Even though he says he wants to stay, it looks to me like he wants out. With Tom Brady talking about everyting thats needed, all the confusion going on with the defense, the offense the running backs, I doubt he really wants to stay.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from airrick16. Show airrick16's posts

Well we'll see.  We all know what their track record is on retaining talent.  At the start of Bill's tenure they were hitting on the draft and in FA. So it didn't affect them, when they cut or parted ways with players eg. Lawyer Milloy.  Seems like recently the high profile departures have really been felt the next year..like with Branch (no offense Reche Caldwell) or with Asante Samuel.  Pats cannot afford another draft of Shawn Crables, Chad Jacksons, Ron Brace..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from airrick16. Show airrick16's posts

In Response to Re: Wilfolk Gone?:
    Well we'll see.  We all know what their track record is on retaining talent.  At the start of Bill's tenure they were hitting on the draft and in FA. So it didn't affect them, when they cut or parted ways with players eg. Lawyer Milloy.  Seems like recently the high profile departures have really been felt the next year..like with Branch (no offense Reche Caldwell) or with Asante Samuel.  Pats cannot afford another draft of Shawn Crables, Chad Jacksons, Ron Brace..
    Posted by airrick16

But dont get me wrong, I understand the need to be fiscally responsible. Can't afford to be like Dan Synder in Washington Tongue out