Wilfork and general game comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Wilfork and general game comments

I hate to do this....and start to whine....but let's trade him now.  I jest.  He appeared to be the only solid player in that 1st half.

I was waiting for the Jets to awaken and they did in the 2nd half.  The team will get better.  But it certainly appears that the Giants have established that blueprint to beat the Pats.  It makes you wonder why all teams don't play like that (like the Jets did) all the time???  Rush 7 guys the whole time.  Seriously....football minds.....how do you counter that???

Galloway is horrible ... either that or he needs sunglasses.  That drop was critical. 

Why do they continue to use Maroney in a starting role?  Fred Taylor is clearly more instinctive. 

When a team continuously rushes 7 men, can't a quick dump off to a receiver 2-3 yards over the line of scrimmage running over the middle work?

Special teams was a larger disappointment than the defense.  The two times Washington ran in back 40+ yards the Jets scored.  That last punt coverage sucked as well.

To many penalties, not so much the delay of games, but the holdings and special teams penalties.  (By the way I think the Jets got away with a few things in the 2nd half.  Do you?  Couple times I saw blocking in the back and maybe maybe one pass interference.)

OL wasn't to great.  That 3rd and 2 when the announcers said what great play Ellis made.  Jeez.....Kaczur completely missed the block.  Talk about focus.  Do your job doofus.

Isn't the definition of insanity to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result?  Why kick deep to Washington when it was apparent they couldn't slow him down?

I thought Edleman (sp) did a good job cloning as Welker.  Couple missed opportunities, but overall ok.

The sky isn't falling, they played horribly and lost only 16-9.  But that blueprint (established by the Giants in the Super Bowl) is troubling.

This team could conceivably be 0-2.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from iclaudius. Show iclaudius's posts

Re: Wilfork and general game comments

nicely put, schwank.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Here's something interesting to ask yourself:

If pressure on Tom Brady makes the best QB and best WR in the NFL ineffective - I wonder what pressure would do to a rookie and Jerrico Cotchery?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDonalds75. Show JDonalds75's posts

The biggest issue were the mental errors.  Two special teams penalties on Sam Aiken, and the delay of game penalties as well, is very troubling, especially for a BB team.

The offensive is nowhere near as creative as was a McDaniels-called offense. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

In Response to Wilfork and general game comments:
    [QUOTE] But it certainly appears that the Giants have established that blueprint to beat the Pats.  It makes you wonder why all teams don't play like that (like the Jets did) all the time???  Rush 7 guys the whole time.  Seriously....football minds.....how do you counter that???Posted by schwank[/QUOTE]

Theoretically one could use screens, draw plays and a heavy dosis of running plays.
    I am very disappointed that somehow the coaching staff was either "surprised" (this I cannot believe) by the Jets heavy blitzing and/or couldn't adjust to it. It seems that the OL is built for pass blocking and not for run blocking, that might be a big problem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

We were embarrassed by the Jets, and Moss is not even close
    to being the best WR in the game.  He never steps up when it countsm he drops way to many passes, he can't get open when it  counts, and simply put, he never steps up.  Forget the TD record, he stunk the second half of 07.  Great players make great plays, and he has disappeared whenever we need him most.

We have a lot of improving to do on both sides of the ball, but the D has much potential, and we did lose 4 great players from our SB teams along with Hobbs, so give them time to jell.

The Offense?  Like the Cplts, this passing team will go nowhere till they develop a run game like we had w/ Cassell last year.  They were much better down the stretch last year than the 07 record offense which stopped scoring as the season went along.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

In Response to Re: Wilfork and general game comments:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Wilfork and general game comments : Theoretically one could use screens, draw plays and a heavy dosis of running plays. I am very disappointed that somehow the coaching staff was either "surprised" (this I cannot believe) by the Jets heavy blitzing and/or couldn't adjust to it. It seems that the OL is built for pass blocking and not for run blocking, that might be a big problem.
    Posted by FrogLegs[/QUOTE]

Your right good point....screens.  Back pedalling dump offs to Faulk.  Didn't see any of that did we?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

Fred Taylor was averaging 6.3 yards per run, and I saw Laura Maroney more than him,  coaches need to coach better and players need to step up if the Pats are gonna win more.  Is Rex Ryan that good of a half time adjuster that the Pats got dominated for the last 30 mins of the game?  oh waid Keller down the seam again cost teh Patsies the Game yet again

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

Fred Taylor was averaging 6.3 yards per run, and I saw Laura Maroney more than him,  coaches need to coach better and players need to step up if the Pats are gonna win more.  Is Rex Ryan that good of a half time adjuster that the Pats got dominated for the last 30 mins of the game?  oh waid Keller down the seam again cost the  Patsies the Game yet again,  If Brady aint ready sit him down.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Fred Taylor was averaging 6.3 yards per run, and I saw Laura Maroney more than him,  coaches need to coach better and players need to step up if the Pats are gonna win more.  Is Rex Ryan that good of a half time adjuster that the Pats got dominated for the last 30 mins of the game?  oh waid Keller down the seam again cost the  Patsies the Game yet again,  If Brady aint ready sit him down.....
    Posted by bchan89[/QUOTE]

I didn't see much running either way. I saw Galloway drop like four passes and Edelman drop two. And Brady miss like five. And not much running.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

This game was the fault of the offense, not the defense.  The defense held the Jets to 16 points.  Time was when if you were told that the other team got 16 points, you would have said that the pats won by at least two touchdowns. 

Put the blame where it belongs -- the offensive offense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wilfork and general game comments : I didn't see much running either way. I saw Galloway drop like four passes and Edelman drop two. And Brady miss like five. And not much running.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

the only production i remember was #21 running hard in the third,  afta that didn't see him or the offense,  I know it is only wk 2 but there was zero insparation on the Pats side of the field, when they got called for 2 DELAy of games coming outta an injury timeout you have to know we are ill-prepared to play in this game,  when do you remember a Pats team getting called for not only one delay of game but two coming outaa a timeout...... Zeb your a good football analyst, was the game not over at that point?  I had it down as a loss at that point.......................................................

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

11 penalities for 89 yards make it tough to win. The lack of discipline was very uncharacteristic of a BB team. Delay of game penalities are inexcusable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Wilfork and general game comments:
    [QUOTE]The sky isn't falling, they played horribly and lost only 16-9.  But that blueprint (established by the Giants in the Super Bowl) is troubling. This team could conceivably be 0-2.
    Posted by schwank[/QUOTE]

You are correct, sir- the sky is not falling.  However, this team has played horribly for the past two games (leaving out the 4 pre-season games).  I believe people are expecting them to pick up from where they left off, before Brady got hurt.  However, it's too late for that...in the past; closed chapter.  Of course, this puts the onus on THIS YEAR'S team.  Unfortunately, they don't look very good.  Where is the New England pride?  Where are those players who would prefer to play for the Pats?  Are they going to show up for a few plays; a few games? 

What's the gaffe??? Undecided

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jshinny. Show jshinny's posts

[QUOTE]Here's something interesting to ask yourself: If pressure on Tom Brady makes the best QB and best WR in the NFL ineffective - I wonder what pressure would do to a rookie and Jerrico Cotchery?
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Ding, ding ding.  We have a winner!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Wilfork and general game comments : You are correct, sir- the sky is not falling.  However, this team has played horribly for the past two games (leaving out the 4 pre-season games).  I believe people are expecting them to pick up from where they left off, before Brady got hurt.  However, it's too late for that...in the past; closed chapter.  Of course, this puts the onus on THIS YEAR'S team.  Unfortunately, they don't look very good.  Where is the New England pride?  Where are those players who would prefer to play for the Pats?  Are they going to show up for a few plays; a few games?  What's the gaffe???
    Posted by BTownExpress[/QUOTE]

I started this post primarily motivated by the fact that it looked like a carbon copy thrashing of the Super Bowl loss.  For dinner, I had the chore to go pick up the pizza (part of the family is at U-2).  Listening to Zolak, Gresh (sp) and Tanguay, I was perplexed, as they said the main reason for concern, and they all agreed, was the defense.  They went on and on about the lack of any LB's and no fix in sight!!!! 

I didn't see it that way today, oh sure not perfect, but not exactly 34-9 either.  But those guys know football better than me (ya think?). 

The beauty of football is that you don't win the title in September.  In a war of attrition and adjustments.  How many times did we see Indy teams that looked like the greatest of all time and fold like tents at a carnival closing. 

I beleive this defense can only get better.  But he were questioning the lack of creativity, (seen in 2001 with odd man fronts and blitz's), and the lack of personnel at LB.  It will be interesting.  Infortunately 2007 established a new bar if you will.  Again the key is how well you are playing in the final 6 games of the year.  I've studied that one for years and it truly is the best indicator as to who the best teams are headed into the playoffs.