Wilfork and Maroney for A.Peterson???!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Freeway555. Show Freeway555's posts

Wilfork and Maroney for A.Peterson???!!

First, I understand this trade would most likely never happen outside a Madden game but hear me out: Pat Williams (NT) is most likely retiring, opening up a huge need for NT for the Vikings. While it may seem outrageous to trade Peterson, the Vikes OL is so good, many RB's could succeed there (like Chester Taylor did before Peterson arrived) who don't have fumbling issues, maybe the Pats would throw in a draft choice too, then if they have a stud RB  get a NT in the draft or switch to a 4-3 and draft/sign different personnel. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

Re: Wilfork and Maroney for A.Peterson???!!

this will never happen-.-

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Maroney was benched for fumbling, what would happen with Peterson? He'd live in the dog house.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snoopcogg. Show snoopcogg's posts

Belichik and Childress are foes.... never going to happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Some people over look A.Peterson's "other stat". If it werent for scoring so many touchdowns he would no doubt be benched in a heart beat. In his career hes a fumbling machine... fumbling 22 times over 3 years!!

With the focus in New England at the passing game. The liability of having a player prone to fumbling no matter how great he is would be a huge risk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Yeah, I really became fond of Maroney's fumbles in critical situations.  With Peterson, I'll get to experience that special feeling much more often.  IMHO, if you can't hang onto the ball, all those stats are meaningless.  Ditto for QB's and interceptions.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

thanks joakim... i've been looking for that darius butler int everywhere!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Agree with everything said above.  If looking to get a RB, I would focus on Stephen Jackson from the Rams. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

on a totally different note... i got the PERFECT idea for the pro bowl... since reporters always act like they can suit up and be productive in the nfl(regardless of injury or w/e) i say suit up gaspar, shaugnessy, peter king and company and give em a crash course in gridiron warfare and we'll see who's really "soft"(peter king or shall i say p3n!s king)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Just cut Maroney.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

even if it could happen, NO. I want Maroney gone but our D is better with VW in it.  If we can sign him and pickup some studs to put around him this d will back in the top 10.

We need play makers, the running backs for the pats also need an OL that open holes for them even we all the backs we had running the rock the Pats as a group ran for close to 2000 yards.  Need guys in the trenches.

release or trade maroney but VW is a must for 2010.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Trade a NT for a RB. How does that make sense?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmassgreg. Show wmassgreg's posts

i could see trading something/someone for chestor taylor hes a good back with a lot of miles on him since hes petersons back up

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Whatever else happens cut Laura.  She's been stinking up the joint since 2006.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Man, do we ever see bizarro trades thoughts on this site!!  I know, fans will be fans, making up that wish list of players they feel will improve the team.  I am just glad fans do not run a franchise because it seems more minds are made up with the heart than with a business/football sense! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Ha! No way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

glad i could help 81pats!