Wilfork to Chiefs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Wilfork to Chiefs?

I just strolled by the ESPN rumors section and it mentioned VW going to KC to join Crennel if the Pats dont sign him.  Now I know that BB wont let him go for nothing and it seems like they are just going to franchise him.  If thats the case why not trade him for thier no. 1 this year.  As so many on this board keep saying that this is a "rebuilding" year for the Pats, why not send this guy for a great draft choice. 

Im not sure where KC is at on the board, but if they can get Rolando Mcclain from Alabama that would be awesome.  What would be better is if they got Suh, but thats reaching.

I know Pryor is still young but he shows promise so why not take the chance. I know some will try to crucify me for saying that, but BB's not going to sign him long term anyways, whats there to lose.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Wilfork to Chiefs?

For the leadership and smarts plus he is a Saban guy I would think he would be a great fit.  I think that Pats need some solid LBs, but if you can think of a better guy at that spot then by all means.

What my point is, trading VW is probably a good move.  It seems like they are not going to sign him so why not get a great pick out of it.  BB & Co. can get whoever they want with the pick.  That will leave NE with two 1st round picks.  You can be mad at that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Whoever!  Im sure they will figure that out.  But it seems like you are missing the point..............PATS ARE NOT GOING TO SIGN WILFORK FOR A LONG TERM DEAL, WHY NOT TRADE HIM FOR A 1ST ROUND PICK!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Why Would KC do that? They would be trading a #1 pick for a guy has maybe 4-5 years left and is looking for a monster contract. The Chiefs are full of holes. They need to build through the draft before they worry about signing big money veterans.

Maybe crazy Al Davis would bite.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

NE will tag him. however, if NE sees him the same way that dafoe does, then they will let him go. it would be interesting to see if NE trades away the 22 spot after cody gets picked up. that would mean they were hoping to get another candidate to take over the starting nt spot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Not sure if any of you know, but the Pats were trying to trade Vince b4 they traded Sey. If they do they better get a number one because right now thats what hes worth, when you talk about the thirty four D Vince is the best NT in the game. J-Williams from SD is an absolute beats , but cant stay on the field. And they better have a plan in place because Pryor is not a NT and theres no way Wright can play that spot for 16 game. Your kidding yourself if you think he can, and your taking away his natural talents, which is rushing the QB. And Im curious why Patsfan doesnt think McClain is worth the hype? Listen Im a fan so I guess Im a little biased, but this guy has shown everything you would want from stud I/Mlb. I hear your point about Cody, I guess you could take that a little further because of the other guys on that team. They had a very good D with nightmare Cody, Arenas, Barron, and Dareus, very good team D. Maybe Im to high on him, or maybe its just because I think we really need help at the ILB spot, to me Mayo still has an awful lot to prove.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Rolando McClain
    Height6-4
    Weight258 lbs.

Patrick Willis  Height/Weight: 6-1/240
    Gary Guyton,Height/Weight: 6-3/245
    Jerod Mayo,Height/Weight: 6-1/245
    Junior Seau,Height/Weight: 6-3/250
    Brian Urlacher,Height/Weight: 6-4/258

I'll just give a link  You make up your own mind
     http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/archive/1273352
    McClain does not disappear in games. I would not call him a big play guy, But I have'nt seen him washed out on a play that was his to make. I have seen him run with speeder backs to the sidline and make the tackle as the back comes around the edge. I don't see anyone rating him as a 2 down backer either.

We all should have a pretty good read on what Guyton & Mayo playing behind Wilfork will be. Then if Wilfork is what most say he is. Then why is Guyton/Mayo not producing? Do you give it all up to Mayo's injury? Also on Wilfork before this year we always heard how Seymour took the double team. Where was Wilfork then? We were told that Warren was the one being over looked for Pro Bowl votes by his own teammates. Guyton/Mayo has how many sacks,hurries,passes defensed,INT's ? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

I was'nt trying to say the Wilfork never made a play because he can. He pushes up the middle well / helps keep the QB from being able to step up into the pocket and gets off blocks to make tackles. But he's not to us what Haynesworth was to TN.  I just see this as a LB system. D lineman making plays is a plus. If the D linemen are to make the plays then put 4 out there.

I don't see us getting McClain either. But I'm for it even if it takes two picks. Because at 22 it's a nobrainer.  AD and a pick for the pick that get's him here? I'd take it all day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Unless the Pats plan to switch to a 4-3 defense, I don't see them letting Wilfork go. Both Belichick and Parcels share the view that you build your lines first and that gives you a chance to compete. A big nose tackle is essential in a 3-4 defense. Drafting Brace was suppose to give the Pats some options at nose tackle but after watching Brace struggle to play the nose I just don't see them letting Wilfork go. They will franchise him and then sign him to a longterm deal. That's my guess. As for Brace, I think this off season he'll get stronger and more comfortable with the system. He should put a chip on his shoulder and understand he's in the NFL- it's time to step it up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Keep big Vince and trade Mayo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In  most rankings that I've seen Cody isn't projected until the second round.The top 3 guys are Suh,Odrick and Williams as far as D-tackles are concerned. So
    with that knowledge they could conceivably drop down in the first round if they have a taker for Wilfork they would more than like receive a lower first round pick which would allow them to take the second best DT coming out.I forgot about McCoy from Oklahoma coming out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

dwhite1220, yeah, cause that is smart.  Trade the young leader on your D.  Can you run our team? please?  wait Uncle Al is that you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Patsfan24-7,
    What appeals to teams in regards to McClain are his elite instincts and diagnosis skills and how those are heightened by his extensive film study of his opponents to understand offensive tendancies etc.  He's able to get to the ball and make plays as quick as (if not faster than) a player with better sideline to sideline speed because he's quickly able to diagnos what is going on in front of him and find the football, not to mention his speed is pretty good, while his size is ideal for the position.

He's the QB on the field and is frequently seen aligning teammates to ensure they're in correct position relative to the defensive scheme and play call. NE's defense could use this type of commitment and leadership (but would have to trade into the top 10-15 to get him, the top 15 is possible, though the top 10 not so much).

IMO, he's a top 10 pick and the top LB in this class.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Don't believe everything you read or here Willlfork will stay put New England needs him He is there only player that gave it 110% every game not like some other players Brady Moss etc,

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I agree Paulawht, Wilfork showed how professional he is, that he is a stand up guy.  Wish more pro sports stars were like him. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from paparui. Show paparui's posts

Brady didn't give 110%. I agree with the Wilfork giving his all but how are you gonna question a QB that played coming off of a serious knee injury and whatever other injuries he could have had that was covered up by the team. Guess people don't remember how Manning wasn't the same till 2 years after his injury.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from airrick16. Show airrick16's posts

Why wouldnt they sign Vince Wilfolk??? Hes their best player.  If they dont, they are stupid.  Whoo are they spending money on???? They traded Seymour, they dont appear to be prepared to sign Mankins.  Without Vince Wilfolk, this defense would be one of the bottom (and certainly LEAST talented) defenses in league.  Guys like this do NOT come around often. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

If the Pats want to retain Wilfork, they're going to have to pay the Piper. The Redskins signed Albert Haynesworth in 2009 for $100 no typo $100 mil for 7 yrs w/$41 mil guaranteed. Fat Albert was damaged goods when the Redskins signed him and they knew it. When he played, which was less and less as the season progressed, he was ineffective and left the field gasping for air. He trashed departed head coach Jim Zorn and departed DC Greg Blache and blamed the Redsins "system' for his moribund performance. I don't know who Wolfork's agent is but I doubt you'll hear him talking abt a "hometown discount". IMHO, he walks.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Like someone else already said, he'll likely get franchise tag if still allowed in an uncapped year. He'll probably get shopped around too - however, the Patriots better make sure they got someone who can take up 2 bodies and stop the run (like they did in the past w/ Ted Washington). Brace isn't going to work because he appears to have very weak lower body strength and gets pushed back far too often.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Hey I like Mayo, but hes not an elite I/MLB at all. Last year he had Tedy, Big Vince, Sey, helping him out, all he had to do was "read an attack'. When he has to actually think and try an diagnose a play b4 it happens he wasnt been great or top ten worthy. How come when it comes to Moss, people throw out his injuries and call him out for "dogging it". The guy has had serious back problems almost his whole career and he still puts up 1260 and 13 TD. And whether you want to admit it or not hes are only consistent scoring threat and the only reason WW catches 100 balls every year. Mayos out there , hurt or not he played like chit this year. Huge drop off from last year, to big of a drop off if you ask me. The texans game was a microcosm of his year. I think he has potential, but he cant be our Willis, Ryans or Rudd. If were going to keep him we need another ILB as good if not better than him. You wanna blame backs getting the edge on his injuries ok Ill buy that, but what about all the plays he didnt make in the middle. Being slow and not wrapping up on a sideline to sideline play is one thing, but pulling that chit up the middle is a different story morning glory.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

if it's an uncapped year I don't see they the Pats wouldn't just offer him a mssively front loaded contract ?

EDIT: Actually I am now seeing it.  While it would accomplish giving the player the necessary money to keep him... it would also mean the player has no reason to get off his butt after the first year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

But in a case like VW, he played super hard this year for chump change.  He is one of those guys I dont think we would have to worry about that with.  One of the very few. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I don't tjhink the Chiefs would put up the money, never have, never will. example: Jared Allen