Wilfork

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Wilfork

Big Vince has been a non factor thus far? I'd like to see George Winn back & replace Blount. Your thoughts??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from facman34288. Show facman34288's posts

Re: Wilfork

Agree, said the same thing on another thread, he just looks slow and really heavy, me thinks right now he is living on reputation...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to facman34288's comment:

Agree, said the same thing on another thread, he just looks slow and really heavy, me thinks right now he is living on reputation...

Agree 100%

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to facman34288's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What do u think about Blount ? I know Winn tried out for the G-men Tuesday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think he's fine for where he is in his career.  He is a big fat man who is getting on in years.  I disagree that he's resting on his laurels.  I think it's "I'm a 31 year old Vince Wilfork" not "I'm Vince Wilfork."

I may be a bit apologetic for him because I am a big fan, but I've never seen anything that suggests that he's taking it easy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

throwing him in the trash heap already?  my,my

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I think he's fine for where he is in his career.  He is a big fat man who is getting on in years.  I disagree that he's resting on his laurels.  I think it's "I'm a 31 year old Vince Wilfork" not "I'm Vince Wilfork."

I may be a bit apologetic for him because I am a big fan, but I've never seen anything that suggests that he's taking it easy.

Not easy- Just getting man handled at the line,when ever have u seen that?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

"Living on a reputation"...? Really...?

Let's give the guy more than 2 games before declaring him an old chump who's done.

He's coming off a short week after a physical game with Buffalo, and was facing a physical Jets' offensive line, with Mangold and Ducasse in the middle. To see him looking a bit gassed and worn down is entirely expected, and by no means indicates that he is tailing off. 

Vince is a great player, a great leader, and an anchor on that defense. He's fine. 

Let's go Pats!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

People have been writing off Vince at various points the last few seasons when he has what people think was a single subpar game.  He plays an unglamorous position that doesn't lend itself to splash plays and he is often the focal point of the offensive line's game plan.  Get back to me when he has a bad season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

throwing him in the trash heap already?  my,my

Just wondering what's up w/him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123six. Show 123six's posts

I wouldn't single out VW...the entire DL and LBs have been non factors so far! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to 123six's comment:

I wouldn't single out VW...the entire DL and LBs have been non factors so far! 

Nink has been really good both games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's give the guy more than 2 games before declaring him an old chump who's done.

He's coming off a short week after a physical game with Buffalo, and was facing a physical Jets' offensive line, with Mangold and Ducasse in the middle. To see him looking a bit gassed and worn down is entirely expected, and by no means indicates that he is tailing off. 

Vince is a great player, a great leader, and an anchor on that defense. He's fine. 

A physcial game in Buffalo ? Hello, Wilfork didn't make the stat sheet! Nothing......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Gotta remember Vince is 32 and playing at a high level since his rookie year in 2003. mabye he's just hit that age and isn't the same anymore Can't beat nature. Vince to me is stil a real instinctful player (last night I saw him pull out of the pass rush and worry about containing Smith which led to him throwing a pick) and will make plays just not as many

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

I wonder where Spikes the run stuffer is?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to dwhite1220's comment:

[QUOTE]

A physcial game in Buffalo ? Hello, Wilfork didn't make the stat sheet! Nothing......

Vince doesn't play a particularly glamorous position. His job is to eat blocks and clog the middle of the field, especially against a run-oriented team like Buffalo. He did that job very well in week 1. He's not going to rack up big stats due to his role, but that by no means indicates that he's playing poorly. 

The game against Buffalo was certainly physical. He was facing a decent o-line, and was playing a team that likes to run the ball. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Everyone is playing like crap, Brady is whining because his Uggs are too tight and his WR's are too green, AH will be catching "passes" from "new teammates", Amendola and Gronk are made of Balsa wood,Vereen too, Joshy still can't call plays, BB is no longer a Defensive Guru, Welker took our entire Offense with him to Denver, Rodney Harrison is still retired, We still havent't resigned Moss,  Home fans suck ( well that one's kinda true) and it's time to put a pitchfork in Wilfork !!!! Oh yeah...we are 2 and 0...........

Ladies and Gentleman.......Your 2013 New England Patriots!!!!

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I agree with this.

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And this

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

People have been writing off Vince at various points the last few seasons when he has what people think was a single subpar game.  He plays an unglamorous position that doesn't lend itself to splash plays and he is often the focal point of the offensive line's game plan.  Get back to me when he has a bad season.

[/QUOTE]

oh, and this one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123six. Show 123six's posts

He has been getting pushed backwards on run plays in both games (same with Mayo)...maybe they were protecting against Geno scrambling...but I agree where are those big hits on the RBs?  I only remember him crashing the line once last ngiht.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Did you watch the Talib pick to end the game? The one Mangold tried the cheap shot on. If you pay attention to the sideline, everyone on the Pats is celebrating except for Spikes. He doesn't even move. Very weird.

As far as Vince, I say he is still just working off all the off-season superbirds.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The more Nink, Jones, Buchannan and the like have their name mentioned as being in the backfield the more you can be sure Vince has done his job.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to dwhite1220's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hello, Vince rarely makes the stat sheet! He is there to soak up double teams and make the other team run away from him. Which they usually do if they are smart or experienced playing the Pats.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The jets must not agree that Big Vince is living on his rep, since they DT'd him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

BB takes turns rotating those titans in Kelly and Vince, they rarely see the field together. He's saving them for the playoffs, I reckon.

Viva Ronaldo! Viva Ronaldo! Running down the wing, hear United sing! Viva Ronaldo!