Will 2009 be like 2003?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Will 2009 be like 2003?

Call me crazy, but I am getting a big case of deja vu with regard to the 2009 season. 

Let's go back to 2002. Last game of the season. Pats need to win and they need Brett Favre to come through and beat the Jets. Pats win the 1:00 game, and then Favre blows the late game despite playing for home field advantage. Pats are out of the playoffs. They have a long offseason. Brady is coming off a dislocated shoulder. Pats go out and sign Rodney, Colvin, Poole. Then they have a killer draft, getting Warren, Bethel (who contributed a lot that year), Samuel, Wilson, Koppen. Plus they had some young guys from previous drafts coming into their own - Jarvis, Givens, Branch, Graham. They start 2003 at 2-2, but eventually the young guys started to take over and this was a big part of the super bowl run.

2008. Pats need to win last game of season and have Brett Favre come through. Pats win. Despite having everything to play for, Favre blows it. Pats are out of the playoffs. In 2009, Brady is coming off an injury. The Pats make some FA veteran signings - Bodden, Springs, Taylor, Galloway, trade for Burgess. Then they have a killer draft - Chung, Brace, Butler, Vollmer, Tate, Edleman. Plus they have some young guys developing from the past two drafts - Merriweather, Wheatley, Wilhite, Mayo. I see a decent start, but the young defense helping to guide this team to a super bowl just like in 2003.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: Will 2009 be like 2003?

i see a team effort of young,and older players combineing there skills to help them succeed.on the defense side,springs is a older vet,and bodden a younger corner merriweather,sanders,chung.seymour, warren, thomas,burgess,bruschi older vets.mayo,woods,crable the younger.then you have the players comeing in,and out.its a great mixture of success.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrizutko. Show jrizutko's posts

Re: Will 2009 be like 2003?

If our defense can appraoch the level of play they had in 2003, we'll be celebrating in February.  If they can't... well I still like our chances, but I'd feel better if there are no glaring holes on D.