Will Brees break TFB's TD Record This Year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Will Brees break TFB's TD Record This Year?

TexasPat's weekly breakdown made me think of this...but I believe he has a really good shot at this assuming he stays healthy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Re: Will Brees break TFB's TD Record This Year?

I could be a complete homer and say no way, but that's just not the case.  First off, the Saints have the Falcons, Bucs, and Panthers in their division, so Brees should have no problem throwing Td's to teams in Domes and good weather conditions.  In fact the Saints will play the Pats in New Orleans, and the coldest game should be at Washington in Dec, which probably won't be that bad.  Considering his strong start, then throwing over 50 TD's for Brees is a very strong possibility.   So I say he breaks the record, but doesn't get the rings which Brady has, and that's all that matters.  In other words, Brady is still the better QB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: Will Brees break TFB's TD Record This Year?:
    [QUOTE]I could be a complete homer and say no way, but that's just not the case.  First off, the Saints have the Falcons, Bucs, and Panthers in their division, so Brees should have no problem throwing Td's to teams in Domes and good weather conditions.  In fact the Saints will play the Pats in New Orleans, and the coldest game should be at Washington in Dec, which probably won't be that bad.  Considering his strong start, then throwing over 50 TD's for Brees is a very strong possibility.   So I say he breaks the record, but doesn't get the rings which Brady has, and that's all that matters.  In other words, Brady is still the better QB.
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

No argument there, just interested in the record aspect.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

He would have to average 3.1875 touchdowns a game for the season to break the record by 1 TD. He's currently averaging 4.5.

He would also need to average 317.8125 passing yards per game to break Marino's record. He's currently averaging 334.5.

I know it's a small sample, and a lot of QBs probably look like they have the potential, but Brees can probably keep that up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Unlikely.  It will all depend on how long it takes for the other teams to crack the code for slowing them down.  For instance, from the Eagles game on in 2007 we still had a good offense, but we would not have broken a single record if we played all season, the way we played after that game.

So how many games with the Saints go before teams figure out how to slow them down?  Then you also have to get lucky and avoid key injuries.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ModsandLeon. Show ModsandLeon's posts

Soldier Boy!How are ya!?
    You never got back to me about your experiment with the NY Jets fans!
    I'll bet you didn't go in there this week because you were too busy b itching and moaning about Brady's non stats and BB's gameplan like everybody else in NE that owns a Brady jersey....that would be everybody!
    Tough week for the pats in here-Did you see some of the titles of the threads???
    Yipes!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

This is such a premature topic on which to speculate.  No different than making the Jets the odds on favorite to win the SB off the results of the first two games of the season.  Let's see where Brees is after 10 games or so and his pace is being maintained.  Even if he does break the record, what should it matter?  As a Pats fan, you always like to have a player from your team with such a distinction and would hate to see it broken.  When Brady broke Peyton's mark, did that displace Peyton as an excellent QB?  It is just a record and they can be broken. If you ask Brady about it, he'd trade it in a heartbeat for another ring.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Leon, I got banned.  I thought you said only this place bans dissenting views?  You don't see me giving up on my team.  I did see all of the disturbing thread titles.  They were all created by either you, or Red Sox fans coming over for the day.  Few, if any of the Pats board regulars thought the world came to an end.

We got beat fair and square.  I refuse to blame officials, injuries, alignment of the stars, or anything else.  Will you do the same when we win the next game?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ModsandLeon. Show ModsandLeon's posts

Come on Soldier Boy!You've got to be kidding me!
    We both saw what went on in here.While you may have been horrified by what you witnessed I was shocked yet entertained beyond my wildest dreams!

Watching a fan base turn their backs on their team in the 2nd week of the season.....priceless!
    You must have been reading a different Forum...that's right you were in the Jets Forum...OK we figured that one out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ME. Show ME's posts

Definitely not. Brees is an excellent quarterback. The 3rd best in the game behind Brady and Manning. But defences will figure out how to slow him down. Also he doesn't have the recievers, of the protection that Brady had.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

no way, he's good and started off hot but he's only going to make 40 if he's lucky. They have no run game so what happens when teams start dropping back in coverage?