In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Meadowland Mike and Bungalow Bill.......both showing up and picking the opposite view on this thread....?

I was pretty upset that the guy laid himself out like that and got his TD taken away just because his helmet fell off at the half yard line as he was already diving! The NFL is getting to be too much, just let them play..

[/QUOTE]

I agree...........not trying to act like a spoiled Pats fan either.....but that Jets game call hasn't been called since it happened.......a call that they were supposed to be focusing on this year. NFL is really getting alot of sketchy involvement in the reffing of games........even if it isn't a Pats game. Must be about the $$$$

[/QUOTE]

And it's happened again?  It was known throughout the NFL that Belichick intentionally cooached that specific cheating in critical situations, as seen against New Orleans.  Just as Crable reported that he coached forming a wall and tripping.   Do you know how many other calls have been made 1 or few times this year?

Sounds like a spoiled Pats fan to me.  Or as the rest of the NFL calls it, a Pats fan.

[/QUOTE]

why are you still responding to me?..........oiur conversation is done.....your feelings of innsecurity and a feeling of inadequacy aren't something I can't fix for you. The topic is Tomlin .....not BB , spygate, or anything else you want to swerve it to. Please be respectful

[/QUOTE]

Are  you French?  Sorry kid, you don't get to make the rules around here.  I'll respond to anything I want.  And BTW, respect this (I'm pointing to that spot where you keep your vigina)

[/QUOTE]

just because the Jets are having a tough year....you don't have to be distastefull. Some day they will have a good team....maybe not this year...maybe not next.......but someday.
    If you would just admit how deep down inside you truly admire the Pats and BB you might not feel such deep seated anger.........and once again you really should have some respect Laughing

[/QUOTE]

Yaaaaaawn. Tough year?  Better than anticipated.  Best run D in the NFL in the last decade.  Each stupid post makes you look.... more, ummmmm, stupid.  

As I said, respect this l  l

l  l

l  l

\    /

\/

[/QUOTE]

best run D ? what does that mean? is that making the Jets Championship calibre?? Are they winning the division year in and year out with that best run D?

It's okay....someday they will make it....don't lose hope.

practice respect though....you can do it...I know you can  Laughing

[/QUOTE]

I love that you respond instantaneously after pleading with me not to respond to you.  It's very rustylike.  

What it means is that a team with 14 new starters, all new cordinators, a new GM and a slew of rookies and second year players are doing a fantastic job.  Teams that can't stop the run, don't do well.  If you don't have good lines, nothing else matters.

[/QUOTE]

fantastic job?............and what is that doing for your team?...what are they winning?

what about a team that wins the division year in and year out for over a decade?.....well since that isn't your team...you don't consider them doing a FANTASTIC JOB? No ...you would rather accuse them of cheating or attack their fans on this forum.

but we do win....year in and year out........and it teaches you respect Cool

[/QUOTE]

The arrogance of the idiot Pats fan shows through once again. You post as if the Patriots have won something anytime recently.  Every year is superbowl or bust.  Only a complete fool would take some sort of solace in winning a division or the fact that four of your eight wins have been by a total of 11 points.  Once again, you preteen tool, I got your respect right here.

[/QUOTE]

Wow werent you bragging about making "the final4".  Ha ha.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Will Goodell Fine Tomlin?

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

^what a troll.  Tomlin steps out onto the field to fake a hip check and somehow this is not a discussion?  It is all over nfl network!

[/QUOTE]

Tomlin didn't cheat.  Why you always trying to find fault with every single coach, player, GM of every team?  Are you really that insecure?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I am pretty sure a coach jetting out into the field of play to affect a football play in some way by being on the field intentionally will carry some variation of a punishment and could be deemed as cheating.

Why do you always defend other teams who do things worse than ours ever did?

If BB did that, the entire board would blow up with trolls, ESPN would have head helicopters circling Gillette last night and tools like you would be whining about why BB did such a thing, you fraud.

Jetting??

You are kidding, right??

Why do I defend other teams?  Because you make mountains out of molehills.  Why do you always think someone is cheating?  Get a grip, dude!  You are extremely paranoid and overly defensive. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ha Ha, funny!

lichick: Been blown up a couple times November, 29, 2013 Nov 29 11:30 AM ET By Mike Reiss | ESPNBoston.com

One of the notable plays from the NFL's three-game Thanksgiving slate came when Ravens kickoff returner Jacoby Jones was darting up the left sideline and seemed to have his path impeded by Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, whose back was turned to the play as he apparently was watching the play upfold on the videoboard.

That led to a brief exchange this morning between reporters and Patriots coach Bill Belichick about times in which he got a bit too close to the action.

"Yeah, I've been blown up a couple times," Belichick said. "There's one play in particular where I was kind of watching the pass rush off the front and the ball was thrown. I didn't really follow the ball that quickly and all the sudden the guy caught it and was right on top of me and [I] ended up under the Gatorade bench."

For coaches like Belichick, a big part of it is what part of the action they are watching.

"Obviously if you're watching the ball, it shouldn't be that big of a problem. But if you're trying to watch something else ... Obviously we have to give the officials and the players room to play. Sometimes that just happens where you get guys caught up a little bit on the sideline," he said.

"But yeah, I saw the play last night. I was like, 'Oh my God, yeah.' That could easily happen to any of us. It's a good lesson, I have to be careful."

Belichick was then asked how well he remembers the specifics of the game he ended up under the Gatorade table.

"Oh yeah, I sure do," he answered. "Looking up at the cups and the Gatorade dripping down, yeah."

[/QUOTE]

Great post pezz.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

What Tomlin did was bush league and he will be fined. 

(I respect Tomlin greatly, he just had a lapse in judgement. I don't consider it cheating, just being a bone head.)

Tomlin is lucky his team didn't win the game or this would be a big deal. As such it is message board fodder, quickly forgottne.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tomlin's foot was in play.  He was technically standing on the field. It's not really proof of intention, but you would have to go a long, long way to convince most people that he didn't know what he was doing.  But intent can't be proved on that play.

I contrast, Jason Kidd is on camera mouthing the words, "Hit me" so he could "drop" a drink on the court with no time outs.  Had Kidd kept his mouth shut, he probably wouldn't have been fined.  THe NFL cannot prove that Tomlin was intending to impede the runner, and the game's outcome was unaffected.  He's going to be fined for a techincality; Kidd was trying to give his team an extra time out to draw up a play with a game on the line.  He got fined 50K.

[/QUOTE]

Tomlin can just say he didn't know the rules.  Isn't that the excuse the best coach in the NFL uses?

[/QUOTE]

Since when is Tomlin the best in the NFL?  He's barely better than Rex.

You need to think when you write. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Along with the rest of America, I saw the play on Thanksgiving. Unlike the majority of ESPN viewers, I don't think Tomlin was trying to influence the game. But that is debatable by anyone with eyes and a motivation to comment on the play. On a play like this third quarter incident, where the player or coach has his back turned and takes no discernable action toward a player, you just don't know if his goal was to impede the player unless you can see into his head. 

Tomlin is generally a good coach in my opinion, and he accepted responsibility. Additionally, he doesn't make a clear jabbing motion, and he does actually dart out of the runner's path. Finally, he doesn't strike me as the kind of fellow to do this thing. There are coaches I loathe out there. Sean Payton, Rex Ryan, the Harbaughs, and Jim Schwartz would not shock me if they emerged as "trip artists" or instructed their players to do the same. But Tomlin isn't on that list.  

That said, Tomlin most certainly should be fined. Ironically, tripping is the competetion committee's worst nightmare, and it is a scenario that Flacco himself dredged up last season by insinuating his teammates should have come off the bench to trip Ted Ginn on the free-kick return in SB XLVII. Absent a Flacco-like sound byte, it's still in the NFL's interest to levy a fine. Tomlin's incident is one of those situations where it doesn't matter whether you can ascertain intent. The NFL cannot prove intent, nor should they have to prove intent. A stiff fine is a line in the sand. It will remind other coaches to keep off the field, and it will prevent other similar incidences from happening. The only thing that should separate this from Sal Alosi and "Wall-gate" is how it is framed by the media.

So, about that fine? A $100,000 team fine and a $25,000 coach fine are the precedent. And they aren't nearly enough. The situation is that important, because interference undermines the fabric of a twenty-two man competition. Currently, there really is no fine or penalty system in place to stop players from interfering. It doesn't take a mssion control team of scientists to deduce that, given how important each NFL game is, players and coaches will be presented with some situations where $100,000 is short incentive to to refrain from tripping a runner and influencing a game's outcome. Sacrificing a half-week's salary and a 15 yard penalty could be better than relinquishing a game deciding touchdown. Sure, it is possible for a referee to award a TD to a team on the spot following a palpably unfair act that prevented a touchdown. Yet, referees are often reluctant to influence the outcome of a game, and they do not have the time to get into the kind of judgments that something like Tomlin's actions or the Sal Alosi "wall" eventually required. The penalty should be something drastic, and it should be able to be awarded ex post facto.

If I were the NFL I would get ahead of this and start talking about serious ramifications for interference of this nature. I would start this offseason at the owners' meetings. In a few seasons we've had Flacco's comment, Tomlin's "whatever-it-was," and the Jets' obvious tripping tactic. None of it has amounted to anything much in terms of punishment, even if Sal Alosi was given a soft pink slip and allowed to resign from his position in New York.

Instead of micro-scrutinizing the angle, height, and velocity in which a defensive player approaches his opponent in attempt to glean whether or not they were trying to injure or just tackle them, Goodell should craft some rules that make sense and open a discussion that nips this behavior in the bud. I'm talking about year suspensions, forfeited draft picks, and vacated wins. The NFL has rather broad powers to penalize teams after a game, but only after a hearing. A structured and referenced commisioner's policy, like the policy for the review of illegal hits, would circumvent a team's ability to defend itself and clarify the stakes in becoming the twelfth man. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

As a head coach he should know better than to be on the field of play.  

Intentional or not,  he's guilty of doing just that and just plain being a bonehead.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Just watched the video before logging on here and must say it looked like he knew exactly what he was doing. He needs to be fined!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I just watched it a few times. It is clear that:

1. Tomlin's foot was on the field

2. More damning is that though his back appears to the play he is CLEARLY watching the play out of the corner of his eye and suddenly steps into and then away from the field JUST as the returned approaches. If he was not actually looking... and his eyes are clearly looking.. quite clear... nice shot by the cameraman... if he could not see, was not lookiing he could not have timed his disruptive moves the way he did. I say not only fine him but suspend him for at least a game.

And by the way.... good to see Meadow here... she is always able to put a feminine spin on things. So a shout out.. any of those big brawny guys down there in NY looking to make it onto a playoff team before they retire...? Or maybe better. attend a SB? Ir will they be satsified with a ticket to watch two teams NOT from NY this Feb? If any of their players want to know what it is like to play in a SB have em see if they can find a way on to the Pats. 

Meanwhile Meadow, have fun with all those all time highlights like the cheating of the Jets special teams. A real classic. ANd the timeless humor of the butt fumble... and wasnt there a play this year that was just oo hard to believe? Someone help me with that.  What was it now...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Just imagine the outrage and comments if this were BB who did this.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Best comment on this comes from Obnoxios Boston Fan.  Mike Tomlin has been named NFL Special Team Player of the Week.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

My only comment:  "Imagine if BB did this?"  The howling would be so much greater, IMHO.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

Hypocrite Tom Jackson: "Tomlin did not do that intentionally."

What a joke.

Who pushed his right leg onto the field of play? Who made him laugh? The boogie man?  ESPN is a pathetic JOKE!

They're actually debating whether or not Jones could have scored a TD.  Unreal. I have seen a lot of arrogance in my life, but not quite like this.

The discussion is not whether or not Jones could have run for a TD, but what Tomlin intentionally did to affect the play on the field!  He was watching the board, saw the play up the sidelines and made a quick motion to his right to distract/force Jones back inside toward the middle of the field!

This is not debatable!  Unbelievable.

[/QUOTE]

The correct call would be jones is awarded the TD. It's interference. The ref had to run around him for gosh sakes. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Tomlin was not supposed to be on the 6 foot wide white line.  The official following the play had to pass on the outside of Tomlin.  How could that official not call the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty?

Are we sure the real officials came back to work?  

The position of the NFL on this stuff is: " the officials were correct, you did not see what you saw"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

God crusty, just shut up.

He made no motion to the right, he was already standing there.  He shouldn't have been standing in play and he may get fined for that but there was no deliberate step to impede.

In fact if you watch it, the ref is also running up the sideline to the left of him and if Tomlin had made an attempt to get back earlier, he would have knocked him into tomorrow.

He had to wait for the zebra to pass him to jump to the left and safely off the field.

Like Bb said, after watching.  It could have happened to anyone.  You just have to be careful. Lesson learned.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]

Hypocrite Tom Jackson: "Tomlin did not do that intentionally."

What a joke.

Who pushed his right leg onto the field of play? Who made him laugh? The boogie man?  ESPN is a pathetic JOKE!

They're actually debating whether or not Jones could have scored a TD.  Unreal. I have seen a lot of arrogance in my life, but not quite like this.

The discussion is not whether or not Jones could have run for a TD, but what Tomlin intentionally did to affect the play on the field!  He was watching the board, saw the play up the sidelines and made a quick motion to his right to distract/force Jones back inside toward the middle of the field!

This is not debatable!  Unbelievable.

[/QUOTE]

I can't help but feel like BB would not get these excuses from the media if he did it...