Will Moss be a Patriot after this season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Will Moss be a Patriot after this season?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Will Moss be a Patriot after this season?

Best receiver in the league!  I would take Moss over any other receiver in the league the next 3 years!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Im biased , Moss has been my favorite football player and one of my favorite athletes since I saw him tear up Ball St. for 5 TDs in college. So from a selfish point of view Id love to see him retire as a PAT and sign a 3 year deal. I really think hed take less to stay here again. After 07' the Eagles offered a better deal and the Saints were also interested , I heard theres was the same as the PATS. I can see him staying for 3 more years for 5.5-7 per. Hes not the guy he was in Minnesota , that guy was just crazy fast and expolsive. Go one youtube and watch 3 TDs from him , one against Dallas , a bubble screen from the 50 where he ran past 4 defenders. Same play only against Tenn and NO that are just freakish. Hes not that guy , but " mosdef " a top 5 receiver , Id go AJ , Fitz , Marshall , 81 , and either Q(when healthy) or Steve Smith. Listen the guy put up 1260/13 TDs last year while playing w/ a bad back/sep. shoulder and still commanded more than a consistant double team. We need a guy like Marshall who can also stretch the field and play in the short game. Marshall is great at the bubble screen , short slants/comebacks , etc. and he puts up 6. It would be a HUGE waste not take advantage of having a top 3 Rec/QB of all time and not get another weapon. This isnt 03/04 , we dont have that D , we dont have that coaching staff , that was a moment in time , just like 07(LOL up until the SB). We are playing in much different times now. Bring back the superfreak for 3 more!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

If Randy continues to play well I can see a 3 / 15Mil extension as a good starting point. Randy is a great receiver and I am hoping that if he plays with Tom for 4 More years than he has to be thinking to himself hey this may give me a ring and solidify me as a hall of fame receiver. I can also see Randy putting up 4 More years of 1,000 + & 10 + Td's.  Lets keep him Welker and Tom together for a while and see what happens. We also need another deep threat to shut up Revis.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Will Moss be a Patriot after this season?:

Posted by BradyMossFan

I think it will depend on whether Brady is resigned after 2010. Moss came here mostly because of Brady and the chance to win a SB ring.

My guess is he will test the waters with other teams who have a solid chance for vying for a SB ring - it's still something that he wants to cap off his career.

If Brady is NOT resigned, then common sense would say he's sure to be gone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I doubt he is here but there is one but... if he performs well and gets a ring this year then he looks to get paid elsewhere, if he performs well and we just miss a ring and he is willing to resign here for reasonable money he stays. Right now I put it at 60-40 he is gone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GunghoGuy. Show GunghoGuy's posts

....Of course, he will be!!.....but even if the 2010 Pats edition wins the Super Bowl, he will go to greener pastures.....it is a busines with Moss and Kraft now after his altercation with Coach Bill last season.....too bad for all concerned.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bfletch56. Show bfletch56's posts

I hope so. He has been a great player here. He has said the right things and has let his play on the field do the talking. We need more guys like Randy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

If he doesn't expect to be the highest paid WR in football I'm sure the Pats would want him back. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

id rather have a reciever who is a multithreat in the passing game. not just a deep threat.  he's not very useful over the middle or underneath.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

If he comes back and has a great year, i see him getting a few more years with the pats. The pats are his only chance to ever get A SB ring and he knows that

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Although he is a great reciever it will come down to how he preforms this year. If what the reports say are true that he played most of the season hurt, he may come back healed and tear the football field up to set himself up for a very big payday this season. One thing is certain, the Patriots need a new style of offense that they have running backs that can break through the line and take some of that pressure off the recievers. Maybe now with Volmer playing as a starter we will see whoever is running going to the side that Volmer plays. If that happens it can open an all new way for Moss to shine. Once again we have to wait for the draft