Will the Boston media cost Brady in the GOAT discussion?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Will the Boston media cost Brady in the GOAT discussion?

I've heard it discussed somewhere that the reason the collective media fawns all over Manning and not Brady despite having nearly identical numbers through their career and Brady having more wins and the better story as a 6th round pick is because the Boston media.

The Boston media feels the need to be smarter than everybody and crap on everyone and be negative.  And when the national media looks for stories they look at what the locals are writing because they take their lead from them. 

In Indy they get countless articles about Manning's greatness (deserved) and in Boston we get countless articles about Brady being overrated and Belichick being an arrogant jerk and about how they will lose the next game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Will the Boston media cost Brady in the GOAT discussion?

It's a head scratcher.  Could it be many in the Boston media are imports or simply need to generate interest in their stories by going off the beaten path?  IE - be negative to get them talked about!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Maybe, but does it really matter? Brady's fans know what the guy has meant and done; if others don't see it, it's their loss.

Brady and Montana are the best I've witnessed through the best parts of their careers. Never having seen Otto Graham or Sammy Baugh (other than highlights), and having seen Unitas toward the end of his career, it's hard to compare prime vs. prime, especially when it's such a different league now.

But, of modern QBs, I'd take either Tom or Joe. If they weren't available, I'd take Aikman or Elway, and if they weren't available, then Marino or Gomer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Agreed. And until the Boston rags start hiring AND KEEPING quality writers (Reiss) it will continue. The rags are more concerned with hiring 2nd rate hacks (Felger, Tomase) and plagarizers (Borges) then improving the sports page. It really is a shame especially with the success the teams have had this decade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I see two things that differentiate the careers of Brady and Manning:

1. Manning has been more consistent over his career in throwing the deep ball. (lately Brady has improved his accuracy to where it was some time ago)

2. Brady has been a much better QB in cold weather and in playoffs (and maybe there is a key overlap there).

I would add the Brady has been more consistent in the intermediate throws but really the first two points are the most divergent in their play.

Given what they have done, I think Manning's stats have been helped by PIDS (Production Isnide Domed Stadiums). WHile not illegal it does skew things the same way PEDS might for some atheletes.

I take Brady over Manning. THis year just emphasizes things.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

Maybe, but does it really matter? Brady's fans know what the guy has meant and done; if others don't see it, it's their loss.

Brady and Montana are the best I've witnessed through the best parts of their careers. Never having seen Otto Graham or Sammy Baugh (other than highlights), and having seen Unitas toward the end of his career, it's hard to compare prime vs. prime, especially when it's such a different league now.

But, of modern QBs, I'd take either Tom or Joe. If they weren't available, I'd take Aikman or Elway, and if they weren't available, then Marino or Gomer.

Aikman and Elway are not in the same conversation as Peyton and Marino.  Elway is the most overrated QB of all time.  But I won't write that essay (which I have actually done before).  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to NonChalant1's comment:

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

Aikman and Elway are not in the same conversation as Peyton and Marino.  Elway is the most overrated QB of all time.  But I won't write that essay (which I have actually done before).  

You are correct, Aikman and Elway won multiple superbowls so the are much better QBs than Peyton and Marino.