Will The Patriots Win Another Superbowl With Brady?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Fair or not, fans expect/want the Patriots to Win another Superbowl with Brady (or not). And it's not just Patriot/football fans.

http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/4138047-74/malkin-player-jagr#axzz2VSqrVxz5

"No, this was about these two being the twin-pronged foundation of a team that now has won one Cup in the seven years of the so-called Crosby/Malkin era. Not only is that not good enough for the players almost universally recognized as the best in the world, but it's also starting to get dark outside as far as that era is concerned. Crosby is 25, Malkin 26. They aren't kids anymore. "

I have no idea if the Patriots will win another SB or not. It'd be nice to see, but I wonder.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: Will The Patriots Win Another Superbowl With Brady?

If the Pats are healthy throughout the postseason they would be my favorite to win it. I think they win in 2011 if they are healthy (Gronk and Mankins...).

The edge when two especially good teams are playing a big game, assuming they are at roughly the same level overall, is who is healthier.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

This team is fairly young. If the secondary and  can stay healthy and the rookie WR's contribute Brady will win another SB.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Fair or not, fans expect/want the Patriots to Win another Superbowl with Brady (or not). And it's not just Patriot/football fans.

http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/4138047-74/malkin-player-jagr#axzz2VSqrVxz5

"No, this was about these two being the twin-pronged foundation of a team that now has won one Cup in the seven years of the so-called Crosby/Malkin era. Not only is that not good enough for the players almost universally recognized as the best in the world, but it's also starting to get dark outside as far as that era is concerned. Crosby is 25, Malkin 26. They aren't kids anymore. "

I have no idea if the Patriots will win another SB or not. It'd be nice to see, but I wonder.

Most of it comes down to health, and the development of the defensive players.

If they can actually make it through a playoff season without losing Gronkowski (or someone nearly as important) it will make a huge difference. 

If the last two crops can pan out, and I mean really pan out, then that will help too. 

If Dennard is injured, Hightower or Jones takes a step back, Collins doesn't work out, Gronk gets injured again, etc, etc, they will still be treading water and trying to throw the whole team on the back of one player, which historically doesn't really work.

I'm guessing they have a four year window, maybe five.  

It's a lot of "ifs" out there. I'd say it's 50/50 whether all those ifs are yeahs. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Winning a sb takes a little luck. See Eli manning.  I find you don't question fate, you just go with it. As long as we have Brady we have a chance, with a little luck. I can remember freezing my butt off at Sullivan stadium wondering why I was watching such a poorly run team. Lucky there were some real good players to watch. I wonder if the crappy astro turf was worse then the painted dirt to play on. 

knowing were in it every year is a good feeling   

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

50/50 is good odds. The Patriots have had a team good enough to win it all in 8 of the last 12 seasons by my estimation. I have no reason to think that a healthy Patriots team won't be good enough again this season and the next few seasons to come.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I believe it comes down to health as well.  The Giants D got healthy, went on a run, back doored into the playoffs and won it all.  Meanwhile the Pats are knocking at the door of the playoffs and players start dropping like flies.  On Tom's shoulders it goes and failure.  It takes a team to do this and that's what we have to be aware off.  If key players drop out that hurt that's very hard to recover from.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Yes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Yes.

tcal, could you please try to be more succinct? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

I believe it comes down to health as well.  The Giants D got healthy, went on a run, back doored into the playoffs and won it all.  Meanwhile the Pats are knocking at the door of the playoffs and players start dropping like flies.  On Tom's shoulders it goes and failure.  It takes a team to do this and that's what we have to be aware off.  If key players drop out that hurt that's very hard to recover from.

Yeah. NE is something like 8-6 when Hernandez or Gronk are out. That's huge. You either need more options on offense to draw from, or you need to improve your defense. 

Just hoping you stay healthy is like hoping to win the lottery in the NFL. Teams that win the Superbowl, more often than not, have suffered some kind of big injury or loss, but are the teams with the depth that positions them to get around it. 

Right now, NE is too reliant on what a handful of offensive guys do. If one of them gets injured there isn't the depth on offense or talent on defense to back the play. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It is not likely. The team around Brady is the same old mediocrity we have been seeing for some years now. And he isn't getting any younger.

I suspect we can forget about SB wins until some time in the hopefully not too distant future when both Brady and BB are long gone.

We still have a chance. But only about 10 percent for the next 2-3 years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Good thread, been thinking about this since Play-off loss. I give the Pats a 2 year window with Brady. QB's throughout the history of the game, start to diminish in their game as they get Older.
    Main reason is their legs go, they still have the smarts, but when mobiltity goes, their play suffers.
    Brady was never a real mobile QB, but when he was younger had real good footwork in the Pocket, even with a tough rush.
    Watching last year you can see it starting for him, he has slown down a real lot especially if a team has a Good Pass Rush. In the Ravens game, their was a play close to the goal line where he had an Open field, to get to the Endzone and an Defensive Lineman ran him down. That play was an eye opener for me. I still think that knee injury has lingering effects. Which is why more Shotgun and less Play-Action, which was his strong quality. The Running game is essential as TB gets older.
    This is just my opinion, of course I hope I'm wrong, so take it easy on the hate.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

I give them 2-3 years with Tom.   This year they should have a 50-50 shot at it but injuries are the name of the game in pro football . . . who is standing at the end determines how the playoffs will go.  I think they need to rest Vince during the season so he can be the beast in the playoffs . . . it'd help if they have a bye but many teams have won the Super Bowl w/o it.  I'm worried after this year about the age and health of the offensive line  . . . w/o protection Brady is an average QB because he just cannot run (nor do we want him to).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This year and/or next depending on health...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Before OTAs and injuries, I was more optimistic about this year's team because of the additions to defense.  With some recent/continued injuries on both sides of the ball (i.e., Gronk, Hernandez, Ballard, Dennard....) and knowing how green some of the backups/JAGs are - the early part of the season will be interesting to watch. If we can be healthy before/during the playoffs and the defense improves vs. last year - our chances to win this year are pretty good.

Of course, BB/coaches need to get better w/ play calling and game planning for the playoff games.....lol.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I think the answer is yes.  As with all SB winners, the Pats need a couple of breaks to go their way, for the D to solidify, TEs to get and stay reasonably healthy and for the new receiving corps to get in sync with TB.  I'm guessing 2-3 year window.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BunkerSpreckels. Show BunkerSpreckels's posts

I was talking to my pal, a diehard Jets fan.  He thinks that the Patriots would have won three more superbowls if they had Sanchez at QB because he was better when all he had to do was hand off.  I think that BB could win the next three if Brady stops changing all of the run plays to pass plays.  Now that he doesn't have his binkie, Wessypoo, maybe he won't be so quick to change the called plays.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

prgrsvimg/th?id=H.4661900267881869&w=98&h=108&c=8&pid=3.1&qlt=90

Arteest formerly known as "JFaust1954"

If their D improves they'll get enough O to get it done...yes, Brady has to improve his play, especially in crunch time, and frankly, his level of Playoff play has dropped since his injury...IMO... But they have no real excuses as long as they get decent WR and RB play....Brady is still the Brady of old during the regular season.....this also assumes they get optimal play from Gronk and Hernandez for the playoffs.

It's the D...it has to be able to stop people in the 2nd half of games...it must cover people better, primed by an improved pass rush...if their 3rd down defense doesn't improve, they'll be one and done in the playoffs.

One of the main reasons they lost SB 46.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.