Will the Pats ever go back to the "No Name" offense?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Will the Pats ever go back to the "No Name" offense?

Will they go back to the offense that won them three superbowls? I read a lot about who will step up and ba the "go to" guy. How about this for a concept? All the receivers step up and become "go to" guys. During 2001, 2003 and 2004 there was no single "go to" guy and the offense was unstoppable. Since the Pats went to the NFL paradigm of  "the go to receiver" they have been very stoppable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Will the Pats ever go back to the

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Will they go back to the offense that won them three superbowls? I read a lot about who will step up and ba the "go to" guy. How about this for a concept? All the receivers step up and become "go to" guys. During 2001, 2003 and 2004 there was no single "go to" guy and the offense was unstoppable. Since the Pats went to the NFL paradigm of  "the go to receiver" they have been very stoppable.

Has someone injected you with rusty stupid juice?

The Pats did not win with a no name offense. Branch was the SB MVP for cripes sakes.

Brown?  Givens? A run game?

Did the ravens win with a no name O?  How bout the gints,  Steelers, saints, colts, on and on and on.

What you can't win is with a pathetic bottom ranked D.  That's the problem.

I guarantee, the other team is NOT playing with a no name offense and a bottom ranked DEFENSE.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Kinda what they have now, isn't it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

It is all  because in 2007 the drop off in the  skill positions from Moss and Welker, that has made this concept true or not....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

We had a great defense in early 2000`s, not our case right now, especiall with the injuries.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Until one of these young WRs becomes a household name. Or Vereen gets recognized.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We had a great defense in early 2000`s, not our case right now, especiall with the injuries.

[/QUOTE]

Only because of injuries.  This defense was looking the the D we have all wanted for a long time before they got decimated.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you speaking of the no name offense where Troy Brown had 100 catches?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

That "no name" O is exactly what I was hoping the offense would turn into with the way the year began, but not because of the talent at WR or TE. The difference hasn't been them, it's been that Brady has been predictable. If you were a defense at the end of a game in 2007, you knew he was going to Moss in the clutch. Then Welker and Gronk. The thing that was so great about Brady back in the Super Bowl winning years was that his go to guy was the open guy.

The reason Branch was a SB MVP was because he wa the open guy that game. You could have said that for a different guy in most games. Givens was great every now and again. Before that you had Wiggins in the Snow Game, you had games that season with Redmond catching 10 balls out of the backfield, or Patton coming up huge in Chicago.

Were these guys no talent hacks....I don't think so. But were they top guys in the league or anything either? Not so much. This year's crop (outside of Gronk) is very similar. Amendola has had success, as has Collie, but neither are superstars. I think all three rookies will wind up having very productive careers in NE. And I really hope that Brady is getting back to that mentality. (it looks like he has).

Also, the Pats have been able to get used to playing close games again. They've been winning the majority of them, (with the D usually failing them in the losses. But when healthy I think this D will be very good.) But the crazy thing about the "best" Pats teams is they were so dominant they didn't know how to win the close ones. I see this being a team who will do well in the playoffs because of that close game experience.