Will we cash in that 2011 1st rounder now??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Re: Will we cash in that 2011 1st rounder now??

No we keep that pick and draft a Steven Jackson next year. Probably be a top 5 pick *being that JeMarcus Russell will be throwing the ball for the Raiders this year. We could get the best back in the whole draft and with a rookie wage scale it could be a really good deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

In Response to Re: Will we cash in that 2011 1st rounder now??:
    No we keep that pick and draft a Steven Jackson next year. Probably be a top 5 pick *being that JeMarcus Russell will be throwing the ball for the Raiders this year. We could get the best back in the whole draft and with a rookie wage scale it could be a really good deal.
    Posted by Philskiw

No, keep the pick, rookie wage scale and the RB's next year are supposed to be great... Pass on a RB this yr, maybe get someone like jahvid best who could be used to replace faulk sooner or later, and get a stud horse next yr with that pick.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

You keep it and hope the Raiders have a bad year. Now lets say that their is a playes the Pats want in the 8-12 range and you can trade that pick straight up for that player than maybe you consider it. A player or two who may be worth it are, Haden, Mcclain, and maybe Morgan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I think the Patriots will try to trade one of their 2nd rounders this year for another 1st round pick in 2011.

They may also try to trade their 1st round pick this year for 2 more 2nd round picks this year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Trade it and get a second and third round pick

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

Will we cash in that 2011 1st rounder now??

What about that Raider 1st rounder we own in 2011?.....To me it is not the Patriot logic to hang on to this pick. They hate dishing out cash to unproven rooks. My bet is that they'd send that one to someone for a couple of 2nd rounders. Could that happen in this draft?.......I'm confused about it with the potential for a lockout. 2011 will be the 1st draft with a set rookie pay scale too right? Thoughts?

What about this draft? Could we trade that #1 back for a 2 & a 3? If it's a deep draft you have to think BB would like to get a 2 for 1......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

If they get the right deal or the right player why not? It's only worth 1 pick and that could be a good player either this year or next. Doesn't matter to me as long as they get someone or something good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Keep it.  It'll be a top 5 and there will be a rookie salary cap in place.   This is a no brainer. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

longer answer elsewhere but basicly no you hang onto that one (rookie slot system likely by then) and even if not the depth of potential 1st round tallent is going to be low so you keep that one and trade our own for lower picks where the value equals the pick again as well as the possibility of trading ours for a 1st in 2012 which should be better by then depth wise.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

If anything, I see the Patriots trading one of this year's picks into next year.  With all the re-signings, there are only going to be a limited number of roster spots available, and they already have 12 picks.  I could definitely see a #2 this year being traded for a 1st next year.

BB has always displayed patience when it comes to the draft and I don't see him jumping the gun on a potentially extremely high pick next year (with a possible wage scale) just to accumulate more picks this year. With 4 of the top 53 picks, this team should load up nicely this year.  The only exception I see is if there is a prospect that BB juts falls in love with high in this draft that he HAS to have.  Unlikely, though.

Remember, BB had the option of taking Oakland's #2 this year or their #1 next year for Seymour.  If he wanted to have the pick this year, he would have just taken it then.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Re: Will we cash in that 2011 1st rounder now?

Stay away from next year I think.  Trade up in the 2nd round using your 6th's and 7th's I say.  I would also explore a 4th and ADalius for Morrison, and even an olsen trade for later round pick and/or future pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Anyone that thinks BB is going to trade Oakland's #1 next year for something this year skipped Logic 101.
    Fact- many junior/underclassmen signed for this years draft because they know there'll be a rookie wage scale next year.
    Fact- due to such a large coming out, next years draft will be scarce in talent with maybe 15 NFL players (just a guess on the number).
    Fact- Oakland sux. Should easily be a top 8 pick if not much better.
    Fact- BB hates giving big bucks for unproven talent, therefor he'll hang onto Oakland's pick with the impending rookie scale.
    So, to sum it up, No he won't be trading Oaklands pick.
    Now, I COULD see him trading our own 1st round pick in 2011 (hopefully #32) because there might not be any talent left next year at that pick. I could see him trading the 2011 1st rounder for a 2012 or 2013 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder when the talent is on the rise again.
    Ok, time to retire this thread cause there is no way he trades Oaklands pick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

I think they'll stock up for as many 1st rounders as possible next year.  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Pats trade #47 and 53 for a 1st rounder next year.

With the Rookie Pay Scale in effect, I think BB will discontinue the trend of trading out of the first round and we'll see him move up to grab more top tier players.

There's absolutely no way he trades the Raiders 2011 pick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

No way he trades the Raiders 2011 pick.  That would be incredibly crazy. 

He's potentially going to have a top-10 pick next year to go along with a mid-to-late 20's pick (assuming they don't win the SB).  Combine the first 4 picks this year with those 2 and that's a LOT of talent on a team that isn't really that far from a SB - we still have Brady and Belichick, just need to fill a few holes and i'm sure they'll get it done soon on way or the other.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

We should leave next year’s pick alone.  As stated above, the pool of 1st round  talent will be smaller next year.  The Pats should seriously consider trading a 2010 2nd round pick for a 2011 1st rounder.  Three first round picks in 2011 could pay immediate dividends next year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I thought they might if they wanted Marshall, but if he costs a 2010 #2...I don't think so. If they did deal a pick it would be theirs not Oakland's. If they have a line on multiple higher picks in the 2010, maybe then too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

As it has been said before.  We could have had Oaklands pick this year but Bill opted for next year.  Why would you trade it? 

Another thing is we have plenty of picks this year.  Make the selections and see how they play out.  If some fail, as some usually do, you're slotted pretty good to recover.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm not a gambler but basing my opinion on this subject is easy BB is not going to trade this years 2nd round picks period,he may try and trade out of the first round and he may trade up in the 2nd using his 6th or 7th round picks but he's not losing the 3 picks in the 2nd round. I could see him trading twice in the first round once down and the next time out of the first like last year,he needs a 3rd round draft choice and he could use a 5th round pick also. If and in BB's case if is a huge 2 letter word the Patriots could get Marshall from Denver for a first round pick it would be the Patriots first round pick next year and not the Oakland pick. I would love to see the Patriots have a top 5 all time draft.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Jemarcus "honey glazed" Russell aka my receivers won't make plays when I'm on the field aka the pillsbury throwboy..

Because of this man we will enjoy a top 5 pick next year. Why trade that for 2nd rounders?

I think at some point when we are afforded the luxury of a top pick instead of trading down we should scoop up that top tier talent.

We already have a plentitude of late 1st/2nd round type players on the roster and although I think depth is key I do think it's important to draft a serious playmaker if you are given the oppurtunity.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Trade it and get a second and third round pick
    Posted by Stompper

not a bad idea

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

will we cash it in, no that would be stupid.  BB could have gotten this years raiders 1st, took next years instead.  So why would he lose value and trade it in?  How many times can people post this same dumb idea.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Will we cash in that 2011 1st rounder now?

In Response to Re: Will we cash in that 2011 1st rounder now?:
    [QUOTE]Stay away from next year I think.  Trade up in the 2nd round using your 6th's and 7th's I say.  I would also explore a 4th and ADalius for Morrison, and even an olsen trade for later round pick and/or future pick.
    Posted by adam4522[/QUOTE]

I agree on your perspective regarding 2011. The lockout is a real risk. If there's no lockout, two picks in the first round is plenty.

That said I would not trade up either.

I might trade for a first rounder in 2012 + 3rd this year (it has to be a team in the early third), if it looks like L Houston makes it out of the second round. Ideally, set up two first rounders each in 2011 and 2012.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I don't have a problem with either way.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

[QUOTE]No we keep that pick and draft a Steven Jackson next year. Probably be a top 5 pick *being that JeMarcus Russell will be throwing the ball for the Raiders this year. We could get the best back in the whole draft and with a rookie wage scale it could be a really good deal.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

What if Ryan Mathews from Fresno State Slides to us @ #22?....From what i'm reading the chances of that happening are slim & none!.....