Will we ever get here again?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Will we ever get here again?

I'm probably doing this only for the purpose of reassuring myself, but do we realistically ever see the Patriots reaching the Super Bowl again during the Brady and Belichick era?

I say yes. Brady still has another 2-3 good years in him, and Belichick will continue to coach these guys up well. Just need to continue to build through the draft and add some pieces here and there, but there's no reason to blow this team up.

There's a lot to build on, and there's no reason that this team can't make the Super Bowl and compete for another 2-4 years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsMonkTime. Show ItsMonkTime's posts

Re: Will we ever get here again?

Who knows? But not likely with current coach-QB combo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i think they have about a two year window left with brady and BB to try and get back.....but they had this one in their hands and they blew it

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Will we ever get here again?:
    [QUOTE]Who knows? But not likely with current coach-QB combo.
    Posted by ItsMonkTime[/QUOTE]

here we go with the bandwagon whiners

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

all we needed the last 2-3 years was an average defense on 3rd down... lets hope for the future!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

Not without cameras

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]i think they have about a two year window left with brady and BB to try and get back.....but they had this one in their hands and they blew it
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

This is closer to the truth than about anything. But something has GOT to be done with the outside receivers and the D.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]all we needed the last 2-3 years was an average defense on 3rd down... lets hope for the future!
    Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]

i really think the defense made the plays they needed to, they outplayed their talent level in this game...holding the giants to 15 points until the last minute was impressive....the offense didnt score after the 1st drive in the 2nd half...thats why they lost

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

[QUOTE]Who knows? But not likely with current coach-QB combo.
    Posted by ItsMonkTime[/QUOTE]

lol  -  yep, where's a good neck-nerve injury when you reeally need to drop back to a #1 draft pick and a makeover ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will we ever get here again? : i really think the defense made the plays they needed to, they outplayed their talent level in this game...holding the giants to 15 points until the last minute was impressive....the offense didnt score after the 1st drive in the 2nd half...thats why they lost
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they weren't really all that bad. When they scored on the opening drive in the second half, my thought was "we've got at LEAST 24-27 points in this game easy". Ridiculous that they didn't score again, and the weird thing was, it wasn't so much that the Giants defense was that great, the Patriots just didn't make the plays even though the Giants gave them chances.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

yep the plays were there to be made, they just werent made....they didnt utilize the running game either...41 pass to 19 run i believe it was...way too lopsided

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

They might get there again - but I'll bet you a quarter that next year is Brady's last "healthy" year - and he may not play all 16 next year. 

the guy is pushing 35.  There is no way the Pats can pay him after next year.  You just can't do that with an aging QB who can't win the big games.

So Brady's last chance is next year.

i'm sure Bellicheck will stay to try to win without Brady because that will be a fun challenge for him.  And BB might do it - you never know

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Without  Brady, the Pats are not much better than the Rams or this season's Colts.  So it all depends on the health of Brady, but this loss was huge.  This Championship was right there for the taking for the Pats, and they dropped the ball!  The Ravens win was a gift, and if the Pats had faced Green Bay or the Saints, they would have killed the Pats.