Willie McGinest article in the Herald- very interesting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Willie McGinest article in the Herald- very interesting

The Boston Herald had a good interview with Willie McGinest called "Patriots lacked lead punch". After reading the article I'm more than certain the team needs some of these players to come back to the Patriots football organization. These former players could come aboard as assistant coaches helping to resurrect the tradition of championship football. I'm constantly confused by Belichick. On the one hand, he has long standing relationships with coaches- both college and Pro. On the other hand, many of his former players and assistant coaches leave never to return as if there is some sort of no way back policy. Belichick is a great coach but he is a mystery to many people.

I would love to see McGinest, Bruschi, Troy brown as well as Vrabel rejoin the organization in some form or another. They are fine people and this football club  really misses their presence! Belichick and Kraft need to reach out to these guys! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Willie McGinest article in the Herald- very interesting

I thought Troy Brown already is somehow involved, although I don't know how.  I thought he was given a job similar to Andre Tippett in public relations.

As for the rest of the article, I agree.  At no point during that embarrassing Baltimore loss did anybody take the time to stand up from the comfort of those heated seats to gather the team and yell at them.  Someone should have stepped up and showed some heart, but they all seemed content to sit around and take it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

How about Bledsoe as QB coach:)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Belichick is a great coach but he is a mystery to many people.

Our minds are not built to understand the greatness of BB!

BB is the shepard, we are just the sheep!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I wouldn't take anything writen in the Herald seriously. 
    That rags sports staff has a long history of making up storys to print.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

David St. Hubbins: I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe anything. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I read this last night and I was going to post it this morning but you beat me to it. 

Here is the link.......

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20100117will_mcginest_patriots_lacked_lead_punch/

I know some people might disagree, but these are comments from someone who was a vital part of the SB success that NE had.  Willie Mac played for this team and knows alot more than any of else would ever know about what goes on behind closed doors. 

I have to believe that this guy is head on with these comments.  As great as a football mind that BB is, I think he believed that his system was bigger than his players.  For all the SB's that BB is praised for what most people seem to keep tucked away in thier brain and hearts is that he didnt do this all by himself.  He had a championship staff and championship players.  This team constantly developed players and personel just to let them walk away when it was time to pay them.  This team has been living off its reputation for 5yrs already.  This year was the end result of what has been snowballing for 5yrs.  They have no leadership on the defensive side of the ball and they have lost thier way on offense.

Either way I will always be a Pats fan.  With or without BB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Being a good player doesn't mean you will be a good coach.  It's fairly rare.  Ask yourself this-  did we have andre tippet and steve grogan around to teach our players when we were winning?  no.  we DO need locker room leadership.  When Tom Brady says we lacked leadership, I am sure it is true.  Looking for some serious tinkering, plus a raid of Nick Saban's team.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@Davedsone....I love the comment about raiding Sabans team.  I have been racking my brain thinking who can NE get that is familiar with how BB does things that can be successful in NE.  Its quite obvious that it would be NS being that they are part of the same coaching tree.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I agree, Bill didn't win those rings alone he had built one heck of a team. On the other hand, I believe he's smart enough to know what the problems are. I believe whats going through his mind is "relax people, be patient, we will be back".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

obviously, the players u mentioned are good, solid players that demonstrated leadership on the field/locker room.  Certainly, that attitude can be contagious. However, just because you are a good player w/ those characteristics don't mean you're a good coach.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

To NickC1188,

You wrote.

"At no point during that embarrassing Baltimore loss did anybody take the time to stand up from the comfort of those heated seats to gather the team and yell at them.  Someone should have stepped up and showed some heart, but they all seemed content to sit around and take it."

Now I didn't watch the whole game but I could have sworn I saw a shot of Kevin Faulk, gathering the offense together and screaming at them. It only lasted a few seconds but I saw it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Kevin Faulk has been a great player for us but he doesn't "shop for the groceries".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Loved the article and the concept.

Maybe Willie, tedy and the boys could teach all these spirit-less new guys the patriot's winning ways.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

It makes sense. Seymour and Vrabel traded. Bruschi retired. The leadership was removed. BB was prolly hoping that someone would step up but we never developed that defensive swagger that we used to have.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

Folks, wake up and smell the coffee.

OUR team has numerous deficiencies and issues that 1 draft ain't going to resolve.

The dreaded J E T S are the new powerhouse.  Face reality.

This ain't 2003 and 2004.

Let's see if BB can do it WITHOUT a young and healthy Tom Brady.

Remember he didn't draft McGinest, Bruschi, Ted Johnson.  He did bring in Vrabel.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

We need rex ryan to come and give his Swaggerlicious speech to the team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Props to Root for the Tap reference.