Wishing Gronk would begin to grow up and fulfill what could be TGonz greatness

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Wishing Gronk would begin to grow up and fulfill what could be TGonz greatness

So, for 20 hours of the day, Gronk is rehabbing and working hard to get back into shape for the upcoming season, all in complete silence and without a reporter's note in some rag.

Then he goes to relax at a party and is playing beer pong.  Oh, my GOD!  Gronk is PARTYING!!!  Ok, so, what does that have to do with play on the field?  When he comes back and plays like he did before the knee injury, are we going to be concerned for his playing "beer pong" to relax?  I do not think so.  Take a chill pill!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Re: Wishing Gronk would begin to grow up and fulfill what could be TGonz greatness

Throw a bunch of money at a kid out of college and expect him to act like the CEO of a wall street bank???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just read how Gronk was seen at a local college playing beer pong...1st couple of years it was funny and cool to see a young neophyte out enjoying himself like the college kid next door...but as time passes...Gronk exploits are not so cute and funny anymore...he was given a huge amount of money and he has had a hard time staying healthy.... Now granted that SObB TJ Ward hurt Gronk and he could not have avoided the terrible injury...I rather read and hear about his strict rehab instead of beer pong...Gronk NE needs you to be healthy...Brady needs you to be healthy and all of us fans would love nothing more than for you to fufill what could be a Tony Gonzalez type career ..time to grow up! Just my opinion.

[/QUOTE]

You, Babe and all the other whiners should grow up yourselves and stop expecting other people to run their lives the way you think they should. When you own your own football team you go ahead and tell your players how to conduct their personal lives. You should do great with an entire team of Tim Tebows

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

He is 24 years old for crying out loud, leave the kid alone. If he is still beer ponging it at 27 then there are issues, right now, he is a rich young kid enjoying life, At least he is not out Gang Banging it like our ex tight end.

Only thing i wish for with Gronk is he can stay healthy for some years in a row, each issue he has had has been different so can't say he is "prone" to injuries right now its just a run of dum bad luck.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The difference is Gronk is a way better player than Shockey. Not comparable, not saying he isn't good but Gronk has HOF ability when he's healthy.

[/QUOTE]

You must not have seen Shockey play.  The guy was Rookie of the year; he was every bit as dominant as Gronk.  He was a pro bowler in 4 of his first 5 seasons and he was the focal point of the Giants passing attack.  He also could block like crazy.  If he played under today's rules - Shockey would have been ridiculous.

Shockey is the perfect comparison with Gronk - and the edge goes to Shockey until Gronkowski actually plays a full season.  No guarantee we'll ever see that given his injury prone career and his off season buffoonery

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The difference is Gronk is a way better player than Shockey. Not comparable, not saying he isn't good but Gronk has HOF ability when he's healthy.

[/QUOTE]

You must not have seen Shockey play.  The guy was Rookie of the year; he was every bit as dominant as Gronk.  He was a pro bowler in 4 of his first 5 seasons and he was the focal point of the Giants passing attack.  He also could block like crazy.  If he played under today's rules - Shockey would have been ridiculous.

Shockey is the perfect comparison with Gronk - and the edge goes to Shockey until Gronkowski actually plays a full season.  No guarantee we'll ever see that given his injury prone career and his off season buffoonery

[/QUOTE]

Shockey was an absolute beast and dominated when he entered the league no different than Gronk.  Gronk has higher upside and has done more when on the field, but the comparison is a valid one.  I'm hoping Gronk is feeling humbled and hungry considering what ultimately his injuries have cost us over the last few years. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsTxGrl. Show PatsTxGrl's posts

Sounds like he's having fun. Nothing wrong with that...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Shockey was an absolute beast and dominated when he entered the league no different than Gronk.  Gronk has higher upside and has done more when on the field, but the comparison is a valid one.  I'm hoping Gronk is feeling humbled and hungry considering what ultimately his injuries have cost us over the last few years. 

[/QUOTE]

Agree. The pats need him and he knows it. But hopefully he gets it rather sooner then later.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

So NFL players aren't allowed to go out and have a few beers? They should all wake up, work out, studytheir playbook, and be in bed by 8pm every night? So a 24 year old kid with tons of money goes out, and a few beers & laughs....and now isn't fully committed to the team and his rehab? Wow....how one can come to that conclusion with such little info is amazing!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

[QUOTE]

Just read how Gronk was seen at a local college playing beer pong...1st couple of years it was funny and cool to see a young neophyte out enjoying himself like the college kid next door...but as time passes...Gronk exploits are not so cute and funny anymore...he was given a huge amount of money and he has had a hard time staying healthy.... Now granted that SObB TJ Ward hurt Gronk and he could not have avoided the terrible injury...I rather read and hear about his strict rehab instead of beer pong...Gronk NE needs you to be healthy...Brady needs you to be healthy and all of us fans would love nothing more than for you to fufill what could be a Tony Gonzalez type career ..time to grow up! Just my opinion.

[/QUOTE]

still the best player on the team.  get over it.  he can have a life

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

just forget about him  if he can get on the field great  just consider him a bonus for the two or three weeks he can stay healthy.

[/QUOTE]

targeted injuries with two legs.  so he has one injury in his career in NWE so far that is not acceptable

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So long as it doesn't interfere with his rehab or risk additional injury I really don't see a problem.  I've seen nothing to indicate that anything Gronk has ever done off-field has led to an injury or interfered with his rehab of one.

[/QUOTE]

The very idea that he is out playing beer pong at a local shows immaturity... It use to be funny and cute...not so much anymore when our team suffers because he isn't there...all the partying all the drinking while legal can not be a good thing for his apparent weak body...I just wish I would read more stories about him rehabbing him studying more film...spending time with coaching staff and peers than acting like he is still in college...there comes a time to grow up! I love Gronk but its time to dedicate himself %1000 if he ever wants to fulfill what could be greatness!

[/QUOTE]+1 colin cowherd is totally disgusted by this. called him the andrew bynum of the pats! thinks this must wear on bb, time to grow up like yesterday....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, for 20 hours of the day, Gronk is rehabbing and working hard to get back into shape for the upcoming season, all in complete silence and without a reporter's note in some rag.

Then he goes to relax at a party and is playing beer pong.  Oh, my GOD!  Gronk is PARTYING!!!  Ok, so, what does that have to do with play on the field?  When he comes back and plays like he did before the knee injury, are we going to be concerned for his playing "beer pong" to relax?  I do not think so.  Take a chill pill!

[/QUOTE]

Ummm, right, he's rehabbing and working hard for 20 hrs a day, playing beer pong for 3 hrs a day and sleeping for 1 hr a day.

[/QUOTE]

You know what I mean.  He most likely spends the day doing of the things he needs to get back in shape for the season with little fanfare.  Then, someone reports he is at a party and it is characterized like he is doing nothing BUT partying!  That is my point!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I did watch him play but I don't agree. But then again when I think of Shockey I think post Giant times. Still don't agree though, I think Gronk, when healthy is superior.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from phatcatvirginbuttbuster45. Show phatcatvirginbuttbuster45's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

just forget about him  if he can get on the field great  just consider him a bonus for the two or three weeks he can stay healthy.

[/QUOTE]

is he worth keeping for 2-3 weeks of game time?

[/QUOTE]

BUST-CHISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you think I wouldn't do my job for this board and let them know you are the one and only BUST-CHISE, the world’s biggest and most ridiculous NY Jets Troll? That you hunt for the backsides of your neighbors kitties at night? That you carry an old rag, a torn up Mark Sanchez Jets T-Shirt, and a bottle of chloroform which you use to incapacitate your young feline victims and that it's the reason you call this BUST-CHISE persona "Phat Virgin"?

You will be known whenever you come here….this I swear to this board….the NY Jets are the worst franchise in the history of the NFL…44 years of laughable failure and ridicule, like Kellen “Vaseline Jazz Hands” Winslow….RUB-A-DUB-DUB, BUST-CHISE, RUB -A--DUB-DUB

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from phatcatvirginbuttbuster45. Show phatcatvirginbuttbuster45's posts

In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It was a clean play.

[/QUOTE]

Did you think I wouldn't do my job for this board and let them know you are the one and only BUST-CHISE, the world’s biggest and most ridiculous NY Jets Troll? That you hunt for the backsides of your neighbors kitties at night? That you carry an old rag, a torn up Mark Sanchez Jets T-Shirt, and a bottle of chloroform which you use to incapacitate your young feline victims and that it's the reason you call this BUST-CHISE persona "Phat Virgin"?

You will be known whenever you come here….this I swear to this board….the NY Jets are the worst franchise in the history of the NFL…44 years of laughable failure and ridicule, like Kellen “Vaseline Jazz Hands” Winslow….RUB-A-DUB-DUB, BUST-CHISE, RUB -A--DUB-DUB

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

To the OP next time you go home after work and have a few beers hope someone goes tell your boss your not committed to your job and need to grow up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Am I reading this right?

Gronk can't have a beer?

Yikes!

Look . . .  it's easy to be annoyed with this guy because -- as great a player as he can be and as likeable as he comes across (to me, at least) --  ultimately, you know he's not gonna be there. The important thing to remember is that if the Pats want to remain a team capable of consistently losing conference championship games, the wins in September count just as much as the ones in December.

Take whatever Gronk can give you and get some guys in here who can stay on the field for when he stubs his toe or bumps his head.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from phatricosbuttbuster45. Show phatricosbuttbuster45's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

is he worth keeping for 2-3 weeks of game time?

[/QUOTE]

And how about all your other names BUST-CHISE ?

Among them are:

Bustify

Uncle Rico

Manning Rules

Meadowland Mike

Mile High Mike

Bungalo Bill

Wewerrdat

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Love GRONK no matter what. dude is a beast. TGonz is the peyton manning of TEs

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from phatricosbuttbuster45. Show phatricosbuttbuster45's posts

[QUOTE]

Dick, time for your feeding.....your mommy is calling

"Rusty, Rusty Tromboooone...where are you....?"

[/QUOTE]

And how about all your other names BUST-CHISE ?

Among them are:

Bustify

Uncle Rico

Manning Rules

Meadowland Mike

Mile High Mike

Bungalo Bill

Wewerrdat

Fletcherbrook

Footballexpert45

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Those of you who say yeah let him destroy his body with all of his partying ..just don't get it...why don't you guys pick up a book and read how detrimental alcohol can be ....he has been partying ever since he has joined NE and probably way before then ...when is enough enough? Gronks current lifestyle will prevent him from being an all time great! Mark my words!!!...Hope someone can reign him in before its too late!