With all Due Respect ...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: With all Due Respect ...

Cap your obviously more informed on football than gun rights, so stick to football! Guns dont kill people any more than cars kill people (when driven by a drunk) or forks make people fat. Evil people kill people. P.S. I dont expect my answer to be very popular in the liberals lair of "The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts" but its one gun owners opinion. P.P.S no assault weapons were used in Connecticut, 2 handguns a 9mm and a glock 40.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

FOR SALE:  One soul, signed personally by Charlton Heston and Rush Limbaugh

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cap your obviously more informed on football than gun rights, so stick to football! Guns dont kill people any more than cars kill people (when driven by a drunk) or forks make people fat. Evil people kill people. P.S. I dont expect my answer to be very popular in the liberals lair of "The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts" but its one gun owners opinion. P.P.S no assault weapons were used in Connecticut, 2 handguns a 9mm and a glock 40.

[/QUOTE]

And why does any person need a glock anyway???  To go hunting Deer??  Yes guns don't kill people.  People WITH guns kill people.  Explain how this guy was going to kill 27 people with a FN knife or a pipe.  It's not a liberal thing.  It's kind of a common sense thing.  Love to hear your answer to that question.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Yes, because banning the possession of firearms will surely put a stop to demented individuals who want to kill.  I mean, if possessing guns were illegal, then none of this would have happened, right?  Just like the possession/use of drugs, murder, rape, etc. are all illegal so they don’t happen.

What a well thought out, rational post.  Get a grip on reality, buddy.  These events are obviously tragic and cannot even fathom how a person can succumb to such evil, but banning the use of firearms is not going to help the cause.

I’m all for creating stricter gun laws and banning the possession of semi-automatic weapons, but to sit there and say that banning all firearms is a solution to mass killings is simply obtuse and ignorant.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Casportsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And why does any person need a glock anyway???  To go hunting Deer??  Yes guns don't kill people.  People WITH guns kill people.  Explain how this guy was going to kill 27 people with a FN knife or a pipe.  It's not a liberal thing.  It's kind of a common sense thing.  Love to hear your answer to that question.

[/QUOTE]

Just trying to understand your point: are you advocating for the ban of all firearms or just hand-guns?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

its just sick how many people are using the newtown tragedy to back their opinion about gun control.....if there were a way to stop this from happening, obviously i would be all for it, but there just isnt. people will get their hands on firearms regardless of what laws are passed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[/QUOTE]

I own a glock to protect my family from sickos like this. If you or your family have ever been the victim of a violent crime you would probably own one to.  If this sick, evil twisted person wanted to kill folks he would find a way. Whether buying an illegal gun, creating a pipe bomb, or doing a Tim McVeigh. Do you really think outlawing guns would solve this?? Cocaine is outlawed and folks dont have much trouble finding that do they? Remember the old saying "when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns." A gun is an inanimate object. Evil does not exist in a gun, but rather in the person who pulls the trigger. P.S. Which sign would you like to see hanging at your kids school A or B?

A- All weapons are prohibited on these premises

B- Staff heavily armed and trained. Any attempt to hurt children will be met with deadly force.

Folks, I come here for football talk but felt compelled to respond to Cap's initial post. I wont reply any more because I dont want to get involved in the back and forth when the bottom line is your not going to change my mind and I am not going to change yours. This is a sensitive issue and I may not agree with you but I respect your opinion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

its just sick how many people are using the newtown tragedy to back their opinion about gun control.....if there were a way to stop this from happening, obviously i would be all for it, but there just isnt. people will get their hands on firearms regardless of what laws are passed.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you.  It was sickening to me how news anchors repeatedly brought up arguments for gun control while I was tracking the live coverage of today's tragic events. 

The topic is extremely polarizing and to use this tragic event as evidence to push an agenda is simply upsetting.  Why can't we make a post about remembering the 26 innocent lives that were taken much too early?  Why can't we talk about coming together as a community to help the victims' families in any way possible?  My god.  I hate politics.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, because banning the possession of firearms will surely put a stop to demented individuals who want to kill.  I mean, if possessing guns were illegal, then none of this would have happened, right?  Just like the possession/use of drugs, murder, rape, etc. are all illegal so they don’t happen.

What a well thought out, rational post.  Get a grip on reality, buddy.  These events are obviously tragic and cannot even fathom how a person can succumb to such evil, but banning the use of firearms is not going to help the cause.

I’m all for creating stricter gun laws and banning the possession of semi-automatic weapons, but to sit there and say that banning all firearms is a solution to mass killings is simply obtuse and ignorant.  

[/QUOTE]

+1

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I own a glock to protect my family from sickos like this. If you or your family have ever been the victim of a violent crime you would probably own one to.  If this sick, evil twisted person wanted to kill folks he would find a way. Whether buying an illegal gun, creating a pipe bomb, or doing a Tim McVeigh. Do you really think outlawing guns would solve this?? Cocaine is outlawed and folks dont have much trouble finding that do they? Remember the old saying "when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns." A gun is an inanimate object. Evil does not exist in a gun, but rather in the person who pulls the trigger. P.S. Which sign would you like to see hanging at your kids school A or B?

B- Staff heavily armed and trained. Any attempt to hurt children will be met with deadly force.

Folks, I come here for football talk but felt compelled to respond to Cap's initial post. I wont reply any more because I dont want to get involved in the back and forth when the bottom line is your not going to change my mind and I am not going to change yours. This is a sensitive issue and I may not agree with you but I respect your opinion.

[/QUOTE]

The bolded comments above summarize my thoughts as well.  Well said, Quag.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bingo.  Pretty hard to kill 27 Kids in 5 minutes without a gun, isn't it chief??  What was he going to do, go rent a Tank? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bingo.  Pretty hard to kill 27 Kids in 5 minutes without a gun, isn't it chief??  What was he going to do, go rent a Tank? 

[/QUOTE]

You seem to be pretty daft as you couldn't comprehend my analogy.  Go try reading my post again.  And please, read it in its entirety, not just the part where you couldn't understand a simple analogy.

Are drugs illegal?  Do drug addicts still find a way to ge their cocaine, heroine, meth, etc.?

Is prostitution illegal?  Do prostitutes still solicit themselves for sex?

I forgot.  If you outlaw something, demented individuals who show no regard for the law/innocent life will surely concede.  Brilliant.

You probably have no idea what the Black Market is, either.  (Quick, Google it really quickly so you can act like you had prior knowledge of what actually happens on the Black Market)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can kill that many and more in less than a second with a bomb, eh?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

this happened today also.  

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-attacks-22-kids-knife-china-school-article-1.1220230

same scenario, but he used a knife instead of a gun.

the difference?  22 children injured.  no deaths.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yessireebob, get rid of those damned semi-autos and all the psychos that want to mass murder then waste themselves will just give that up and become good citizens for the rest of their days.

Good thing we have such brilliant minds around here to solve these thorny problems.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to seymonster's comment:
    [QUOTE]

this happened today also.  

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-attacks-22-kids-knife-china-school-article-1.1220230

same scenario, but he used a knife instead of a gun.

the difference?  22 children injured.  no deaths.

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, maybe he wasn't trying to kill with the knife?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you REALLY think if somebody wants to kill a whole bunch of people they couldn't do it without guns? You've GOT to have more common sense than that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Well since we're going to bring Chinese events into the discussion here's another-

An attacker named Wu Huanming (吴环明), 48, killed seven children and two adults and injured 11 other persons with a cleaver at a kindergarten in Hanzhong, Shaanxi on May 12, 2010;[3] early reports were removed from the internet in China, for fear that mass coverage of such violence can provoke copycat attacks.[3][11] The attacker later committed suicide at his house; he was the landlord of the school,[12] Shengshui Temple private kindergarten, and had been involved in an ongoing dispute with the school administrator about when the school would move out of the building.[12]

I guess by a few people's views on this forum this is a more acceptable tragedy because only  seven families had to bury their children.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To all the brave Americans who valiantly defend

the right to own semi-automatic assault rifles :

F the NRA  ( F U too )

[/QUOTE]

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

More than 3000 people died in this Countries largest mass murder on 9/11/01...

Taken down by evil and box cutters.

You can ban guns if you wish...but you will never ban evil.

People who use the death of children to push their anti-gun agendas are truely pieces of S,,T

Nothing more...nothing less

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would, without a doubt, certainly want A at my children's school...to answer your question. I think if you were honest with yourself you would conclude that automatic weapons in the streets, and the houses of America has gotten out of control. I have friends down here in Fl who love to show me their weapons cache when I go over their house. Not 1 gun....to protect their family. They have dozens....and they go out on the weekends to the range with their buddies n shoot them up like it,s some sort of hobbie. It has nothing to do with protecting their families...or hunting. It,s purely a macho good ole boy hobbie...nobody, I believe, is suggesting banning ALL guns. If you need a glock in your house to protect your family then that is your right and is fine with me. I.m sure that with all the crime and violence going on in Newtowne ct the mother of this kid felt she needed these guns in her house to protect her family...cause they certainly were,nt bought for the purpose of hunting. Bad move...VERY BAD move...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you REALLY think if somebody wants to kill a whole bunch of people they couldn't do it without guns? You've GOT to have more common sense than that.

[/QUOTE]

You really think a gun doesn't make it easier to kill things?  If you need proof, try deer hunting with a knife sometime . . . 

Guns--and particularly high-capacity firearms--make these kinds of massacres much, much easier.  A lot of countries with saner gun control laws ban high-capicity weapons for a reason.  Those are killing machines.  When I lived in the US, I could go online and purchase a 33 round magazine for a 9 mm Glock for 30 bucks, no questions asked.  But because I live in Canada, that's impossible for me now.  

Maybe you're a peace-loving guy who doesn't know much about weapons, but if you did know anything about firearms and other weapons, there's no way you'd claim that killing lots of people is just as easy with a knife as it is with a high-capacity pistol or rifle. 

And yes, bombs are effective too, but bombs still require more time, knowledge, skill, and forethought to construct.  It's pretty easy to buy a gun and ammo and go out and kill.  No special skills or planning are requred.